Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Todd McShay article - Vikes to trade up for Vince Young?

I never said Vince Young couldn't fit that mold. I think he could be a good fit as a Viking.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    When did I ever say he did anything special? You need to stop putting words in my mouth. All I said was he did what was needed to get his team wins. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Stop trying to read into everything to try and catch someone saying something wrong. I could do that everyday with some of the things people say in here. I wasn't implying he was good or "special". Nor was Dilfer or BJ. They played as a team member and did what was needed to get done. Plain and simple. That's it!
    Then so did technically every player on their team, what point are you trying to make? That if a team wins a football game then the quarterback "did everything he needed to to win the game"? Who's to say someone like Vince Young couldn't fit that extremely specific mold?

IF all a quarterback had to do was "not lose the game", then I could be a starting QB in the NFL, because I'm pretty sure I could handle handing it off and throwing incomplete passes (without fumbling or throwing INTs) pretty easily.
    As I have stated in several posts, it takes a team to win games. I also said a QB not making mistakes is just as important sometimes as having a great defense. If you think you can do so well in the NFL try out as a walkon somewhere. EWasier said than done
    Thank you for proving my point, a team requires more from a qb than just the "lack of mistakes" you seem to claim is all important. Unfortunately we cannot draft an entire team with one pick so we have to pick the best PLAYER to work with the team we already have. You have yet to point out why you think that Vince would not be a good fit as a Viking (perhaps the purple colour would not look good on him?)

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

When has that it not been my point that football is a team sport? I've said all along it takes a team to win. If you don't think it's important to have a QB that doesn't make mistakes, then I don't know what to tell you. I have never said Vince would not be a good fit as a Viking. Please show me where I ever said that. See my last post before this one. I'm just wondering if you read my entire post.

viking_40 is offline Rookie

will you two cool it, i can't even recall who said what!! mind you my Wonderlic score was 2 so maybe that's why :-)

lol 40. I just hate it when people put words in my mouth and then criticize it. Some people are here to try and bash others instead of having intellectual talk on football.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"sparkerRam" wrote:
    I'm a Rams fan and had a question for you fans up in the frozen north. A Vikings fan asked on a website if the Rams would trade our pick (#11) in the first for your first (#17) and a 3rd round pick.

After a great deal of debate it was countered with our first rounder #11 for both your 2nd rounders, both your 3rd rounders and a 3rd next year. Then you might be able to get Young or Cutler plus another top need at #17. If you were in charge of the Vikings draft would you make that trade?

I have a better idea Sparky.

We trade down in the 1st from the 17th pick (950 points) with Jacksonville for the 28th pick (660 points) and their 2nd round pick #60 (300 points).

We than trade the 1st round (28th overall) to Atlanta for Matt Schaub straight up.

Then we trade our 1st 2nd round pick (48th) and the 60th pick (from Jacksonville) to Denver for the 22nd pick in the 1st round. We should be able to get either Greenway or Bobby Carpenter at the 22nd pick.

Denver already has the 15th pick and they pick up 2 2nd rounders giving them 3 picks in the 2nd round 48th, 60th and 61st picks. Denver would do this.

Vikings end up with Matt Schaub, 1st round pick (22 pick), 2nd round (51st pick) and 2 3rd rounders.

Better deal for us Sparky, you guys can keep your pick.

In reality all we would give up for Schaub then is a 2nd rounder as we would still have a 1st and a 2nd, instead of a 1st and 2 2nds.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

ZDoy379 is offline Starter

wow that took some thinking but, HELL NO!

coreyd is offline Coach

This thread is a load of shit.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"coreyd" wrote:
    This thread is a load of pooh.

Insightfull and informative as always ..... :razz:

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"ZDoy379" wrote:
    wow that took some thinking but, HELL NO!

Dude that is your opinion! But there is only 1 QB in the draft that I rate higher than Schaub and that is Leniert. To trade up and get him will cost us our 1st, both 2nds, both 3rds and a 4th round pick. At that price giving up a 2nd round pick to get Schaub is a steal and unless you are an NFL player personal director (and can prove it to me that you are), my trade idea is a hell of a idea.

If you do not like Schaub, tough titties! I and at least 6 teams in the NFL that have contacted Atlanta about him seem to think there is some future for him! So if I want to see the Vikes trade for him and I would be happy even if we traded the 17th pick straight up with Atlanta for him!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314