Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Re:Is It Time for Vikings to Pull Off the Reverse

My first thought when I saw this blog was... yutz. Then, I started to read the blog. It had an interesting perspective and I was curious to see the final point.

The Vikings could use the sixth and fourteenth picks, along with their own 30th pick, to solidify the offensive line, take the quarterback of the future, pick up a bona fide All-Pro wide-receiver, and still have picks left to select a starting cornerback and starting running back in the waiting...all before the start of the second round.
    Yep... this is where it all breaks down for me. Who?... For how much?... All-Pro?

There are no guarantees in the draft, only opinion and speculation.

I then returned to my original thought... yutz!

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Re:Is It Time for Vikings to Pull Off the Reverse Her

Adrian Peterson probably has 4 good years left...so I suppose it depends how much that is worth to a team.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

so-cal vike wrote:
    My first thought when I saw this blog was... yutz. Then, I started to read the blog. It had an interesting perspective and I was curious to see the final point.

The Vikings could use the sixth and fourteenth picks, along with their own 30th pick, to solidify the offensive line, take the quarterback of the future, pick up a bona fide All-Pro wide-receiver, and still have picks left to select a starting cornerback and starting running back in the waiting...all before the start of the second round.
    Yep... this is where it all breaks down for me. Who?... For how much?... All-Pro?

There are no guarantees in the draft, only opinion and speculation.

I then returned to my original thought... yutz!
    Ahhhhh the ole "No Gaurantees in the Draft" discussion point......

Using Ourlads first round Mock (Ourlads is a professional scouting service)
    Available players at 6...Jimmy Clausen QB, Joe Haden CB, Anthony Davis LT, Dez Bryant WR.

Available players at 14....Trent Williams LT, Earl Thomas S, Patrick Robinson CB

Available players at 30....Donovan Warren CB, Jared Odrick LDE, Brian Price DT
    Ourlads Mock Draft

Free agents availble
    Jared Gaither LT (first round tender)
    Gabe Watson NT (second round tender)

A yutz? Possibly, but it isn't out of the question that a scenario like that wouldn't help the team in the long run and if one thinks about it a bit, it was the long run "Not instant gratification" that got the Cowgirls over the top.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Sure, anything is possible, and that highly unlikely and way out of the box scenario could help the Vikings in the long run if... everything goes exactly as planned. Which is just as unlikely a possibility as the one presented above. Perhaps I'm being overly critical but, it also seemed a long way to go to create a Pete Carroll tie in with the Vikings.

Okay, "yutz" might have been a bit harsh.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

No team will ever make a reverse of the hershall walker trade. They all learned from the Vikings mistakes.

Looking at other teams that have made more realistic trades for there star players it has not worked out as well as it did for the Cowboys.

The closest I can find is Saints giving up 8 draft picks to move up and get Ricky Williams. Unlike the cowboys, the Redskins did not catapult to dynasty status.

jmcdon00 wrote:
    No team will ever make a reverse of the hershall walker trade. They all learned from the Vikings mistakes.

Looking at other teams that have made more realistic trades for there star players it has not worked out as well as it did for the Cowboys.

The closest I can find is Saints giving up 8 draft picks to move up and get Ricky Williams. Unlike the cowboys, the Redskins did not catapult to dynasty status.
    I never thought I'd see a team give up the "Sack Leader" for a couple of picks or even see a team release a HOF QB just after they drafted a rookie QB either.

Hell, I never thought I would see that HOF QB in my beloved purple and gold either.

Truth of the matter is, I won't be overly suprised to see a think like this happen this year, especially when one considers the environment that FO pukes have to work in this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

so-cal vike wrote:
    Sure, anything is possible, and that highly unlikely and way out of the box scenario could help the Vikings in the long run if... everything goes exactly as planned. Which is just as unlikely a possibility as the one presented above. Perhaps I'm being overly critical but, it also seemed a long way to go to create a Pete Carroll tie in with the Vikings.

Okay, "yutz" might have been a bit harsh.
    Yutz is never a "Harsh" word my friend. Niether is "Chucklehead". Especially if used in the right context. In this case you used it correctly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12