Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Is It Time for Vikings to Pull Off the Reverse Her

    As fortune would have it, there is a team in this year's draft that could use a running back of Peterson's caliber, might think that Peterson is "the missing piece," and might consider parting with numerous picks and players to obtain Peterson. That team is the Seattle Seahawks.
    Is It Time for Vikings to Pull Off the Reverse Herschel Walker Trade?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #2
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is It Time for Vikings to Pull Off the Reverse Her

    No.

    Firstly, I doubt ANY team would give up what we gave up. we're likely losing CT, getting rid of AD would put us in a terrible position in the RB position. We can't expect to draft an Emmitt Smith with the picks we get.

    Cowboys won, because they had Aikman, Smith, Irvin, a HOF OL and a solid D. We don't have that.

  3. #3
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Is It Time for Vikings to Pull Off the Reverse Her

    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    No.

    Firstly, I doubt ANY team would give up what we gave up. we're likely losing CT, getting rid of AD would put us in a terrible position in the RB position. We can't expect to draft an Emmitt Smith with the picks we get.

    Cowboys won, because they had Aikman, Smith, Irvin, a HOF OL and a solid D. We don't have that.
    Two things,

    1. In this pretend world, we resigned CT and he is our starter.

    2. How do you think Dallas got all those players?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #4
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,492

    Re: Is It Time for Vikings to Pull Off the Reverse Her

    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    No.

    Firstly, I doubt ANY team would give up what we gave up. we're likely losing CT, getting rid of AD would put us in a terrible position in the RB position. We can't expect to draft an Emmitt Smith with the picks we get.

    Cowboys won, because they had Aikman, Smith, Irvin, a HOF OL and a solid D. We don't have that.
    Two things,

    1. In this pretend world, we resigned CT and he is our starter.

    2. How do you think Dallas got all those players?
    (#2) Yeah... that left me scratching my head. I guess the point of the article was lost on IBP.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Is It Time for Vikings to Pull Off the Reverse Her

    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    No.

    Firstly, I doubt ANY team would give up what we gave up. we're likely losing CT, getting rid of AD would put us in a terrible position in the RB position. We can't expect to draft an Emmitt Smith with the picks we get.

    Cowboys won, because they had Aikman, Smith, Irvin, a HOF OL and a solid D. We don't have that.
    Two things,

    1. In this pretend world, we resigned CT and he is our starter.

    2. How do you think Dallas got all those players?
    (#2) Yeah... that left me scratching my head. I guess the point of the article was lost on IBP.
    I suspect that he, like all of our younger fans, have never read who the Girls actualy got by using those picks....

    From our good friends at Wiki.....

    Minnesota Vikings received
    RB Herschel Walker
    Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1990 (54) (Mike Jones)
    San Diego's 5th round pick - 1990 (116) (Reggie Thornton)
    Dallas's 10th round pick - 1990 (249) (Pat Newman)
    Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1991 (68) (Jake Reed)
    Dallas Cowboys received
    LB Jesse Solomon
    LB David Howard
    CB Issiac Holt
    RB Darrin Nelson (traded to San Diego after he refused to report to Dallas)
    DE Alex Stewart
    Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1990 (21) (traded this pick along with pick (81) for pick (17) from Pittsburgh to draft Emmitt Smith)
    Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1990 (47) (Alexander Wright)
    Minnesota's 6th round pick in 1990 (158) (traded to New Orleans, who drafted James Williams)
    Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (12) (Alvin Harper)
    Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (38) (Dixon Edwards)
    Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (37) (Darren Woodson)
    Minnesota's 3rd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (71) (traded to New England, who drafted Kevin Turner)
    Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1993 (conditional) - (13) (traded to Philadelphia Eagles, and then to the Houston Oilers, who drafted Brad Hopkins)
    Herschel Walker Trade
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is It Time for Vikings to Pull Off the Reverse Her

    Without reading this post at all, the "Reverse Her" sounds fun. I think I did that the other night in fact...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #7
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,492

    Re: Is It Time for Vikings to Pull Off the Reverse Her

    NodakPaul wrote:
    Without reading this post at all, the "Reverse Her" sounds fun. I think I did that the other night in fact...
    lol... I thought the same thing.

    Although, I'm pretty sure they did this on the Love Boat.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  8. #8
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Is It Time for Vikings to Pull Off the Reverse Her

    NodakPaul wrote:
    Without reading this post at all, the "Reverse Her" sounds fun. I think I did that the other night in fact...
    LOL, quit. You'll get Z after me again for not editing the title...
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #9
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Is It Time for Vikings to Pull Off the Reverse Her

    NodakPaul wrote:
    Without reading this post at all, the "Reverse Her" sounds fun. I think I did that the other night in fact...
    Did she also get it in the can?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  10. #10
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,569

    Re: Is It Time for Vikings to Pull Off the Reverse Her

    can you only reverse her in dallas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Time to pull a Washington...
    By cajunvike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-19-2006, 07:26 PM
  2. Opponents trying to pull fast ones on Vikings' special teams
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-06-2006, 04:08 AM
  3. Vikings try to reverse slower ticket sales
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-09-2006, 07:39 AM
  4. Going long to pull in a deal with the Vikings
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-28-2006, 11:17 AM
  5. Vikings Pull off an NFL First EVER in NFL HISTORY>>>>>
    By NordicNed in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-14-2005, 02:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •