singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Tidbits from KFFL 04/10/06

Vikings | M. Johnson favored to start
    Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:11:55 -0700

Mike Wobschall, of Vikings.com, reports Minnesota Vikings OT Marcus Johnson appears to be favored to start at right tackle for the team in 2006.

Vikings | Taylor not guaranteed starting job
    Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:50:01 -0700

Mike Wobschall, of Vikings.com, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Chester Taylor is not guaranteed to be the team's starter in 2006. Taylor got first-team snaps in the team's minicamp, but RB Ciatrick Fason also received first-team reps. Taylor is the favorite for now, but will still have to prove during the offseason that he is starting material.

Vikings | Fason's role up in the air
    Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:43:40 -0700

Mike Wobschall, of Vikings.com, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Ciatrick Fason, who led the team last year in rushing touchdowns, has an unclear role with the team so far. Both Fason and RB Chester Taylor got first-team snaps, with Fason spending some time lining up as a flanker.

Vikings | James looks good in minicamp
    Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:42:10 -0700

Mike Wobschall, of Vikings.com, reports Minnesota Vikings DL Erasmus James took most of the first-team snaps during the team's minicamp and although he isn't guaranteed the starting spot at defensive end, he is currently favored to win the job.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet Guest

Re: Tidbits from KFFL 04/10/06

A few more from 10 April 2006:

Vikings | Team has pre-draft visit with D. Minter
    Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:46:12 -0700

The Associated Press reports the Minnesota Vikings conducted a pre-draft visit with Georgia CB DeMario Minter Monday, April 10.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Team has pre-draft visit with O. Daniels
    Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:45:23 -0700

The Associated Press reports the Minnesota Vikings conducted a pre-draft visit with Wisconsin TE Owen Daniels Monday, April 10.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Team has pre-draft visit with Alston
    Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:44:26 -0700

The Associated Press reports the Minnesota Vikings conducted a pre-draft visit with Stanford LB Jon Alston Monday, April 10.

Vikings | Team has pre-draft visit with Maroney
    Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:39:53 -0700

The Associated Press reports the Minnesota Vikings conducted a pre-draft visit with University of Minnesota RB Laurence Maroney Monday, April 10.

Vikings | M. Johnson favored to start
    Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:11:55 -0700

Mike Wobschall, of Vikings.com, reports Minnesota Vikings OT Marcus Johnson appears to be favored to start at right tackle for the team in 2006.

Vikings | Taylor not guaranteed starting job
    Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:50:01 -0700

Mike Wobschall, of Vikings.com, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Chester Taylor is not guaranteed to be the team's starter in 2006. Taylor got first-team snaps in the team's minicamp, but RB Ciatrick Fason also received first-team reps. Taylor is the favorite for now, but will still have to prove during the offseason that he is starting material.

Vikings | Fason’s role up in the air
    Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:43:40 -0700

Mike Wobschall, of Vikings.com, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Ciatrick Fason, who led the team last year in rushing touchdowns, has an unclear role with the team so far. Both Fason and RB Chester Taylor got first-team snaps, with Fason spending some time lining up as a flanker.

Vikings | James looks good in minicamp
    Mon, 10 Apr 2006 13:42:10 -0700

Mike Wobschall, of Vikings.com, reports Minnesota Vikings DL Erasmus James took most of the first-team snaps during the team's minicamp and although he isn't guaranteed the starting spot at defensive end, he is currently favored to win the job.

Vikings | Cofield to visit
    Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:37:29 -0700

NFL Draft prospect DL Barry Cofield (Northwestern) is scheduled to have a pre-draft visit with the Minnesota Vikings.

Vikings | E. Henderson not worried about where he plays
    Mon, 10 Apr 2006 05:57:05 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings LB E.J. Henderson expressed his desire to return to middle linebacker, but Henderson said that's no longer a priority because of the team's new defensive scheme. "It doesn't matter where you play in this defense," he said. "Wherever they want to put me is fine, because all three positions are interchangeable." Right now, Henderson just wants a chance to be a starter. That's not out of the realm of possibilities because he has started 28 games over the past two seasons.

Vikings | F. Smoot bulks up; ready for a big year
    Mon, 10 Apr 2006 05:53:38 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings CB Fred Smoot has bulked up and he's ready to put the 2005 season behind him and start the 2006 season fresh. Smoot, whose listed weight last season was 178 pounds, currently weighs 200, but he said his playing weight might be 195. "I feel like a free agent again," said Smoot, one of the players who starred during the team's three-day minicamp that concluded Sunday, April 9. "I'm feeling good about the coaches. For the first time in two years, I feel like I'm being coached. They're well organized, and every time we hit the field, we're getting something done. I got the love that came from coach (Joe) Gibbs, Gregg Williams and Marvin Lewis." Smoot wants to show Vikings fans what he's all about. "I want to prove to Minnesota that I am the best defensive back they probably have ever seen," he said.

Vikings | K. Robinson happy to be No. 1 wide receiver
    Mon, 10 Apr 2006 05:51:23 -0700

Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Koren Robinson settled confidently into his new role as No. 1 wide receiver at the team's weekend minicamp. "I've been ready to do that since I came into the league," Robinson said. "I had my issues, but I feel like I'm now back to where I want to be in my life and just focusing on football." Coming off a season in which he made the Pro Bowl as a kickoff returner but caught just 22 passes, Robinson is looking forward to playing a feature role as lead receiver in the Vikings' new West Coast offense. "I'm loving it," he said. "It's the same offense I played in when I was in Seattle. I had a big year (in 2002) with 1,240 yards and 78 catches, so I'm looking forward to it. I'm the No. 1 guy right now, and I'm looking forward to a big year."

Vikings | Williamson hoping to prove he can be a starting wide receiver
    Mon, 10 Apr 2006 05:46:51 -0700

Don Seeholzer, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Troy Williamson used the team's weekend minicamp to prove he's ready to be one of the team's starting wide receivers. He had an unspectacular rookie season with the Vikings, catching 24 passes for 372 yards and two touchdowns, but Williamson said he felt much more at home during this minicamp than he did a year ago. "Right now, I'm just getting into the playbook and learning what I've got to do," he said. "I'm just going on from there. The draft, you really don't know what's going to happen. Now I know what's going on and what I can expect come training camp."

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

All good news!

Thanks guys.. I hate browsing through KFFL for Vikes stuff

Much easier this way

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"I'm feeling good about the coaches. For the first time in two years, I feel like I'm being coached. They're well organized, and every time we hit the field, we're getting something done.
    I love that quote from Smoot. What a slam to Tice!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet Guest

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "I'm feeling good about the coaches. For the first time in two years, I feel like I'm being coached. They're well organized, and every time we hit the field, we're getting something done.
    I love that quote from Smoot. What a slam to Tice!
    No doubt. The FA/draft is fun to follow but the real change that will make a difference is having a coaching staff that can think.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I like how KRob is ready to rip ish up!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

revprodeji is offline Starter

Interesting to see my boy fason pushin taylor. Fason can catch well and move great after the ball. hmm
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz