Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Three interesting tidbits

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Three interesting tidbits in a Pioneer Press article today about going after Childress.

1) Regarding the controversy on the Vikings' news release that Tice had been fired shortly after Sunday's 34-10 victory over the Chicago Bears, Tice first approved the distribution of the press notice.
    Remember the big fight we had on how Wilf or the press jumped the gun and how wrong it was?

2) It will be interesting to see whether Brad Johnson, who quarterbacked the Vikings to seven victories in nine games filling in for Daunte Culpepper, gets his $1 million-a-year contract reworked.
    I think this depends on the third point below

3) If not, it wouldn't be surprising if the Vikings acquire another quarterback for next season. It seems unlikely that Culpepper's surgically repaired knee will be fully healed in time for the start of next season.
    I really do see us going after another QB in the draft or FA. I know many here will disagree with me but I really doubt whether Culpepper is our QB of the future.
    That first quote is PURE SPIN!!! If it were even remotely true, then WHY did Tice have to call his wife in the parking lot to tell her before she found out from someone else? Ask yourself that before you believe that bullshit excuse that Wilf put out there on Monday!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    Three interesting tidbits in a Pioneer Press article today about going after Childress.

1) Regarding the controversy on the Vikings' news release that Tice had been fired shortly after Sunday's 34-10 victory over the Chicago Bears, Tice first approved the distribution of the press notice.
    Remember the big fight we had on how Wilf or the press jumped the gun and how wrong it was?

2) It will be interesting to see whether Brad Johnson, who quarterbacked the Vikings to seven victories in nine games filling in for Daunte Culpepper, gets his $1 million-a-year contract reworked.
    I think this depends on the third point below

3) If not, it wouldn't be surprising if the Vikings acquire another quarterback for next season. It seems unlikely that Culpepper's surgically repaired knee will be fully healed in time for the start of next season.
    I really do see us going after another QB in the draft or FA. I know many here will disagree with me but I really doubt whether Culpepper is our QB of the future.
    That first quote is PURE SPIN!!! If it were even remotely true, then WHY did Tice have to call his wife in the parking lot to tell her before she found out from someone else? Ask yourself that before you believe that kaka del toro excuse that Wilf put out there on Monday!
    Where can I find the quote from Tice where he said he had to call his wife from the parking lot to let her know before the press did?

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

The press release wasn't given out in the parking lot. It was given out in the locker room! Duhhhhhh!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123