Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,280

    Re: Three interesting tidbits

    "6-KINGS" wrote:
    Great post.

    From what I hear is, Pep will not be back as a Vike.

    We trade up, draft a QB and Brad is the mentor.

    Seems pretty logical.
    We shall see.
    6 Kings....where did you hear that?

    DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

  2. #12
    FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,159

    Re: Three interesting tidbits

    I think Shaun Hill is gone, Brad will start , and Pep will gradually get back in with limited play until he's fully recovered. They will go for another QB to replace Hill.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

  3. #13
    DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,280

    Re: Three interesting tidbits

    "ltrey33" wrote:
    I don't think that Brad is going to be here next year, because he won't be guaranteed the starting job with Culpepper probably coming back next year. I could definately see us going after another quarterback as a "just in case" thing.

    I'm kind of pissed about this whole Brad thing. I know he wants to be a starter, but the Vikings signed him as an insurance poloicy. If you sign up for health insurance, you don't use it unless you absolutely need it. Then you use it and once its purpose is fulfilled you put it away just in case you need it again. The insurance policy doesn't start paying for every medical bill for the rest of your life! We absolutely needed Brad this year, but he knew his role when he was signed and now he's trying to takeover. That's unfair to the Vikings organization, IMO.
    I could not agree more

    DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

  4. #14
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Three interesting tidbits

    "ltrey33" wrote:
    I don't think that Brad is going to be here next year, because he won't be guaranteed the starting job with Culpepper probably coming back next year. I could definately see us going after another quarterback as a "just in case" thing.

    I'm kind of pissed about this whole Brad thing. I know he wants to be a starter, but the Vikings signed him as an insurance poloicy. If you sign up for health insurance, you don't use it unless you absolutely need it. Then you use it and once its purpose is fulfilled you put it away just in case you need it again. The insurance policy doesn't start paying for every medical bill for the rest of your life! We absolutely needed Brad this year, but he knew his role when he was signed and now he's trying to takeover. That's unfair to the Vikings organization, IMO.
    Unless I don't understand the contract deal, the Vikings signed Brad for a three-year deal. That means the Vikings don't have to let him walk unless they come upon a mutually agreed upon deal for Brad and the Vikings. Is that not right? If the Vikes get an equitable deal by letting Brad walk then so be it, both are happy.

  5. #15
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Three interesting tidbits

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:
    I don't think that Brad is going to be here next year, because he won't be guaranteed the starting job with Culpepper probably coming back next year. I could definately see us going after another quarterback as a "just in case" thing.

    I'm kind of pissed about this whole Brad thing. I know he wants to be a starter, but the Vikings signed him as an insurance poloicy. If you sign up for health insurance, you don't use it unless you absolutely need it. Then you use it and once its purpose is fulfilled you put it away just in case you need it again. The insurance policy doesn't start paying for every medical bill for the rest of your life! We absolutely needed Brad this year, but he knew his role when he was signed and now he's trying to takeover. That's unfair to the Vikings organization, IMO.
    Unless I don't understand the contract deal, the Vikings signed Brad for a three-year deal. That means the Vikings don't have to let him walk unless they come upon a mutually agreed upon deal for Brad and the Vikings. Is that not right? If the Vikes get an equitable deal by letting Brad walk then so be it, both are happy.
    True...but couldn't he possibly hold out?

  6. #16
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Three interesting tidbits

    We need to draft DJ Shockley later in the draft.. Good back up there

  7. #17
    FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,159

    Re: Three interesting tidbits

    —Brad Johnson had four interceptions in 294 attempts this season, the
    fewest interceptions among quarterbacks who had more than 224 attempts
    in the NFL this season. His interception percentage also was the lowest
    in team history.
    Inside Slant-USA Today

    Now what makes you think they will want to trade someone with this record that they have tied up with a three year contract? Wilf may be stupid, but I hope he isn't that stupid!
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

  8. #18
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Three interesting tidbits

    I see Brad as our starter next year. I don't think there's any reason to panic at this point. If we get a excellent deal for DC then do it, if not, let him work behind BJ until he's healed up (although I doubt he'll ever be a good running QB again). Gads, what I would do to have Vince Young on this team. (Pipe dream)
    Look people, the Vikes have a pretty solid team. We're just missing a few key players. We've got plenty of cap room for some good free agents. Rather than be afraid of doing this or that with player personnel, I would be more fearful of a complete coaching change bringing about a really slow start to the team next year until they gel.
    I'm not worried about the Vikes overall. I think Wilf will follow through on his promise and do what's best for the team. He needs a winning team in order to sell the legislature and the people of Minnesota on the stadium deal and that's what he wants MORE than a Super Bowl winner. And don't ever forget that!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

    When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

  9. #19
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Three interesting tidbits

    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    ...He needs a winning team in order to sell the legislature and the people of Minnesota on the stadium deal and that's what he wants MORE than a Super Bowl winner. And don't ever forget that!
    You hit that on the nose. The reason behind him wanting to win doesn't matter to me, we already knew he wasn't a diehard Vikes fan. He's in it for the business and is treating it like one. As long as he helps put together a winning team and is successful at it I'll support him.

  10. #20
    6-KINGS Guest

    Re: Three interesting tidbits

    "DCPologirl" wrote:
    "6-KINGS" wrote:
    Great post.

    From what I hear is, Pep will not be back as a Vike.

    We trade up, draft a QB and Brad is the mentor.

    Seems pretty logical.
    We shall see.
    6 Kings....where did you hear that?
    My friend that is a sports reporter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Two interesting tidbits from KFFL
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 11:47 AM
  2. Interesting!!?!?
    By tarkenton10 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-25-2006, 05:24 PM
  3. Interesting on DC
    By PhxFan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-21-2004, 01:10 PM
  4. interesting....
    By packmanxxxi in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-13-2004, 05:58 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •