Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Three interesting tidbits

Three interesting tidbits in a Pioneer Press article today about going after Childress.

1) Regarding the controversy on the Vikings' news release that Tice had been fired shortly after Sunday's 34-10 victory over the Chicago Bears, Tice first approved the distribution of the press notice.
    Remember the big fight we had on how Wilf or the press jumped the gun and how wrong it was?

2) It will be interesting to see whether Brad Johnson, who quarterbacked the Vikings to seven victories in nine games filling in for Daunte Culpepper, gets his $1 million-a-year contract reworked.
    I think this depends on the third point below

3) If not, it wouldn't be surprising if the Vikings acquire another quarterback for next season. It seems unlikely that Culpepper's surgically repaired knee will be fully healed in time for the start of next season.
    I really do see us going after another QB in the draft or FA. I know many here will disagree with me but I really doubt whether Culpepper is our QB of the future.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Del Rio Guest

Re: Three interesting tidbits

I agree.

I have stopped arguing the ETHICS of the firing because it's all pretty simple Tice asked for the speedy removal if it was going to happen. Now with your added information there is nothing else to talk about.

Brad Johnson on the other hand is in a pickle. I do see us going FA for another QB as well.

It will be an interesting offseason indeed.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think that Brad is going to be here next year, because he won't be guaranteed the starting job with Culpepper probably coming back next year. I could definately see us going after another quarterback as a "just in case" thing.

I'm kind of pissed about this whole Brad thing. I know he wants to be a starter, but the Vikings signed him as an insurance poloicy. If you sign up for health insurance, you don't use it unless you absolutely need it. Then you use it and once its purpose is fulfilled you put it away just in case you need it again. The insurance policy doesn't start paying for every medical bill for the rest of your life! We absolutely needed Brad this year, but he knew his role when he was signed and now he's trying to takeover. That's unfair to the Vikings organization, IMO.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Good Post Cojo!

I disagree with you on the DC idea(not the future), but I do agree that even if we get BJ and DC back, we should scrap Hill and get younger blood. The kid from Penn St would be a good 2nd or 3rd round QB pickup. But I am sure that many other teams might be thinking the same thing.

I am so glad you put that in there about the Tice OK of the press release. I knew it. Wilf isn't that classless no matter how much people want to find someone to blame, he is not the guy.

Prophet Guest

I'm hoping Brad will stay. The Vikes evaluate Culpepper's status and act accordingly. Brad starts off the season as needed and Culpepper comes back into the mix when he's healthy. I like Culpepper, but I'm not against a trade as long as it isn't a one-sided flop and the Vikes end up with a servicable QB. If Culpepper is not close to being ready to roll by the draft it will influence how the Vikes draft.

6-KINGS Guest

Great post.

From what I hear is, Pep will not be back as a Vike.

We trade up, draft a QB and Brad is the mentor.

Seems pretty logical.
    We shall see.

Semperfi Vike is offline Rookie

I know I am probably going to be lambasted for this but here is a "thought" about all this trade rumor stuff. "if" we do trade Pep here is an idea, trade him and our 17th pick to the Saints and pick up Lienhart. Just a thought, what do you all think?

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

I am definately torn on the whole C-Pep ordeal. I would love to see him back but with the huge question mark surrounding him right now I could see the orgainization going in a different direction. My biggest concern if they do try and get rid of DC is there is no way we are going to get even close to market value for him...it would be a huge gamble for any team to take him right now.

Lets just say we do get rid of DC...that would mean the Vikings have gotten rid of their 2 best players over the last 2 years. That's kind of scary for our offense

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

Del Rio Guest

I'm not a HUGE Dante fan but I still like the guy and I think given the right circumstances he has the ability to break records and win.

That being said he is still learning IMO and I would really hate to kick a guy when he is down and trade an injured player. I think he should get a chance to get healthy and to proove his ability before the Vikes trade him.

I highly doubt they would any way.

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

"Semperfi Vike" wrote:
    I know I am probably going to be lambasted for this but here is a "thought" about all this trade rumor stuff. "if" we do trade Pep here is an idea, trade him and our 17th pick to the Saints and pick up Lienhart. Just a thought, what do you all think?
    Now that's an interesting thought, and one that could realistically be considered. And like some others here, I'm also torn. I don't really know what to think about DC. Sometimes he's MVP material, sometimes he's Aaron Brooks material.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast