kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Thoughts on Danieal Manning

With the Bears decision to place only a 3rd round wavier on Manning. I think this makes him an interesting prospect for us.
    He is a one of a few DBs that can play FS, SS, CB and NB, PR and KR. The depth he would immediately add to our team would be tremendous. We could carry him as our 5th corner and he could backup any one should the need arrive.

Believing in the whole mantra of addition by subtraction. This move makes us better and the Bears weaker as he is their starting Safety. Is he worth a 3rd rounder? I believe so. We may draft a bust at that position. Why not let DR and carry only 5 WRs(I love DR btw)?

What do you guys think?

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re:Thoughts on Danieal Manning

He is a good player, but I would hate to give up the 3rd round pick.

KevinK is offline Starter

I think picking up this dude for a pick in the 90's would be worth it. Good point on this prospect KevonCox...

Manning would be interesting. Especially because he can return some kicks, as well. That would allow you to get Harvin off the field, as well, for when you can't risk an injury to one of your offensive playmakers. He's a pretty average safety, though. Someone who would be nice for depth, but nothing more.

Problem is, he's a 2 year starter and started 10 games last year. If he isn't happy over in Chicago, I asume it's about not being a fulltime starter anymore. Would you really want him as a starter?
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Hey I heard Vasher is available now too.

Personally, I can go either way on this with Manning. He is a good utility guy to have with good speed. He can return punts which I like. He would definitely be an upgrade over someone like Paymah on defense.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Sounds like a great idea, let's sign him.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Rockmolder wrote:
    Manning would be interesting. Especially because he can return some kicks, as well. That would allow you to get Harvin off the field, as well, for when you can't risk an injury to one of your offensive playmakers. He's a pretty average safety, though. Someone who would be nice for depth, but nothing more.

Problem is, he's a 2 year starter and started 10 games last year. If he isn't happy over in Chicago, I asume it's about not being a fulltime starter anymore. Would you really want him as a starter?
    I think his unhappiness has less to do with playing time and more to do with the 1.1 million he is making this season because he was tendered. He should make about 2.5 mill a year with 5 million guaranteed. Did I mention he shouldn't be a RFA if there was CBA. I would be pissed too!

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Please, Manning is not a solution for any of our problems - 2nd stringer player, not a starter for sure.. isnt a player that raises the bar, has speed - but thats pretty much it.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

skum wrote:
    Please, Manning is not a solution for any of our problems - 2nd stringer player, not a starter for sure.. isnt a player that raises the bar, has speed - but thats pretty much it.
    I'm not disagreeing but I think he would be a step-up from a couple of the other DBs the Vikes had last year. He can also handle punts and kcikoffs for that matter.