Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Thought you all might like this Mock Draft

Touche. The kids will be all grown up next year. 3 Elite 8s with three schools including Tulsa should be proof enough about his ability but I can't argue about the last two disasters

[color=red]

DPep11 is offline Asst. Coach

I really don't have anything against KU, I just hate Bill Self. His inability to change his ingame strategy is fatal for him. He's an amazing recruiter, but he cant do a damn thing with talent.

Dpep, where were you during the NCAA thread that was started about two months before the tourny and went through last week? There were some classic pissing matches on here. Too many dook fans for my liking but you should have been around because it was fun. I'll agree to disagree about Self. He'll do fine in the long run. If not, we'll just steal someone else's coach in about five years.

[color=red]

"MensaTice" wrote:
    Dpep, where were you during the NCAA thread that was started about two months before the tourny and went through last week? There were some classic pissing matches on here. Too many dook fans for my liking but you should have been around because it was fun. I'll agree to disagree about Self. He'll do fine in the long run. If not, we'll just steal someone else's coach in about five years.
    I've been off and on this website for awhile now, and never really noticed the thread. I usually don't post in any sports forums I'm a part of during the tournament. I get really frustrated with a lot of fans (mostly Duke) but this years tournament was a joke. I think Self would make a fine assistant coach :razz:

"DPep11" wrote:
    I think Self would make a fine assistant coach :razz:
    I'm willing to bet you didn't want to see him leave when it happened. Bruce and Bill will both do fine. The illini should compete for Big Ten titles at least every other year and KU will be in the hunt for an NC two out of every three yrs. Talent goes a long way and nobody with the exception of maybe Roy and Matta is bringing in more. Self will do fine with his own guys. Roy didn't leave him with much to work with after last year's senior class that was injured. Three seniors that were walkons and no junior class left from Roy's last class on this years squad. One transferred cause he was a beeyatch and the other because he is a criminal. No coach can win with their top seven players being freshmen and sophomores. They will be older and better next year and Self will earn the respect he deserves........except from the illini fans.

[color=red]

"MensaTice" wrote:
    "DPep11" wrote:
    I think Self would make a fine assistant coach :razz:
    I'm willing to bet you didn't want to see him leave when it happened. Bruce and Bill will both do fine. The illini should compete for Big Ten titles at least every other year and KU will be in the hunt for an NC two out of every three yrs. Talent goes a long way and nobody with the exception of maybe Roy and Matta is bringing in more. Self will do fine with his own guys. Roy didn't leave him with much to work with after last year's senior class that was injured. Three seniors that were walkons and no junior class left from Roy's last class on this years squad. One transferred cause he was a beeyatch and the other because he is a criminal. No coach can win with their top seven players being freshmen and sophomores. They will be older and better next year and Self will earn the respect he deserves........except from the illini fans.
    I was uncertain about who we'd get as a head coach, but I wont say that I was completely pissed off that Self left. I really never like his coaching style, but his recruiting was a plus. I really believe he has trouble adjusting mid-game and developing players. The Final Four and National Championship appearance should pay off in a couple years for Weber when kids that grew up watching Illinois want to play there. Also his ability to make Deron Williams and Luther Head into first round draft picks should attract a lot of high quality guards. In 2007, we have the best player from Indiana coming (Eric Gordon) and a good blend of big men. Sure KU could be in the hunt every couple of years, but Self has never made it to a Final Four, and I'm not sure he will consistently make it there if he doesn't change something in his ability to game plan.

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

at first I was like "what the hell is this guy smoking"? But then the wise cracks worked their way into my thick skull and I got a good laugh.

Thanks Lotza!

hailtocarter is offline Asst. Coach

I didnt think it was that funny....but, something different is nice i guess

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

all i had to see was mangold going before ajhawk and i relized how pointless it was.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

I gotta say, it really wasn't that funny... At all.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast