Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: This for Thought

Mr Anderson wrote:
    [quote]dabaum2824 wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    Haynesworth is pretty unreasonable IMO. He's tremendously talented, but he's lazy and frequently injured. Certainly not worth $100m.
    I would love to get haynesworth. Our D-line would be crazy scary. And hes actually not that expensive, I heard on nfl radio that he only has 3yrs 16mil left on his contract, so his contract shouldnt be an issue, and if we could really get him for a 3rd that would definitely be worth it.
    I wasn't aware of that.

If it's really 3 years $16million, it's a risk I'm willing to take. He might have to really play hard, elevate to the level of the guys around you.

If he's playing as hard as Kevin Williams and Jared Allen it would be pretty damn scary.
    I heard something similar, the 100 mil wasn't entirely accurate, it included all possible incentives and options, many of which were unattainable.

There's still no way we trade pat though

He came back for one reason, to be a Viking and try to win a championship. He's said before, he wants to retire a Viking. I can practically guarantee, if he catches wind of legit trade talks, He'll retire there on the spot.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

Re:This for Thought

Still rumored interest in Lito Sheppard

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/91613154.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiU47cQUzyaP37D _MDua_eyD5PcOiU

I don't know with the Vikings seemingly interested in guys like Lito and Patrick Robinson who seem to be weaker tacklers it make me wonder if they are going to quit using the tampa 2.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

Re:This for Thought

FuadFan wrote:
    Still rumored interest in Lito Sheppard

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/91613154.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiU47cQUzyaP37D _MDua_eyD5PcOiU

I don't know with the Vikings seemingly interested in guys like Lito and Patrick Robinson who seem to be weaker tacklers it make me wonder if they are going to quit using the tampa 2.
    The new assistant secondary (DB) coach looks to have a Cover 2 background so I doubt they throw it away completely.

Usually philosophy changes are accompanied by new coaches with a reputation/background predisposing them to a different philosophy.
    None

Re: This for Thought

dabaum2824 wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    Haynesworth is pretty unreasonable IMO. He's tremendously talented, but he's lazy and frequently injured. Certainly not worth $100m.
    I would love to get haynesworth. Our D-line would be crazy scary. And hes actually not that expensive, I heard on nfl radio that he only has 3yrs 16mil left on his contract, so his contract shouldnt be an issue, and if we could really get him for a 3rd that would definitely be worth it.
    The 3 year deal at 16 million is about right (link). He's actually under contract longer, but there is a 20 million dollar bonus for the 2013 season. There is essentially zero chance that he sees that money. Either he is cut by whatever team he is on or the contract gets reworked.

There was also a $21 million bonus paid to him just a few weeks ago. That was a guaranteed bonus, and some people have speculated that the Redskins would want some of that back in any trade, whether the money ends up coming from Haynesworth or his new team.

Would I want the guy on the Vikings? Yeah, I guess I would. I think that Kevin Williams and Albert Haynesworth have been the two most talented defensive tackles in the league for several years now. Teaming them up would be fun to see.

But the man is clearly a headcase. For crying out loud, he tried to organize a team protest of practice (link)! He calls out his teammates, he calls out his coaches...

Basically I think it would have a chance in Minnesota because the team is likely to do well, so he is not as likely to complain or sulk. The team also has other leaders so he wouldn't be put in that role. But he does not have a professional attitude, and does not seem to have a lot of motivation. He could just as easily hurt the team as help it.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234