Warning: Non-static method VBSHOUT_CACHE::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in ..../dbtech/vbshout/hooks/global_start.php on line 16

Warning: Non-static method INFOPANELS_CACHE::init() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in ..../dbtech/infopanels/hooks/global_start.php on line 9

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at ..../includes/class_core.php:5755) in ..../includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 49

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at ..../includes/class_core.php:5755) in ..../includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 49
This for Thought - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:This for Thought

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    Me too!! I have been telling Marr. for about a month we need to get Weatherspoon. I don't think He has my enthusiasm for that pick though.
    If memory serves, Marrdro's only concern about getting Spoon was that he couldn't play the Sam but was better suited to play the Will.

Didn't that yutz changed his mind when someone (you I think) told him that Greenway played the Sam in college.
    I noticed that too, but I'm sure they can adjust.

Didn't Greenway start out at Sam here for a while, but was then moved to Will fairly quickly?

Perhaps, its because Leber is much better suited to S than W. I have a feeling Greenway could play either.
    I don't remember, however, I have seen them switch sides, especially late in the game, based on were the TE lines up with Ben sticking on the TE.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Marrdro wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    SharperImage wrote:
    We pick up Leto Sheppard.
    Why?
    This is why.
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Maybe as a #4 corner. The guy used to be a great corner in the league.
    I am all for picking up Leto by the way. Even as the #3 behind Griffin and Winfield, he would be a great guy to add to the roster.
    I'm not looking for a cat who can play behind Griff or Whinny. I'm looking for a guy who can start for them.

Griff is not gonna be 100% this year even if he does get back on the field. History just proves that it really takes 2 years to overcome one of those things.

Whinny is toast. Hate to say it, but he is done as a starter. He needs to either move to the Nickle or he needs to go someplace else like S maybe.

Back to Lito, problem with Lito, at least for me is the amount of snaps he misses, not how many he plays. Much like Whinny, he has a percieved issue of not staying healthy.

Profootballfocus Stats
    Keep it up marr.
    keep rippin on Whinny and I am likely to start rippin on Joey. Even though he is one of my all time fav Vikings, I will do it just to have my boy Antoin's back :lol:
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

marshallvike wrote:
    Keep it up marr.
    keep rippin on Whinny and I am likely to start rippin on Joey. Even though he is one of my all time fav Vikings, I will do it just to have my boy Antoin's back :lol:
    Huge LOL......Well played my friend, well played.

On a side note, you've been around here long enough to know that just cause I say he's done doesn't mean that I don't like him. It just means that I have concerns. In this case, its health. Dude just can't stay healthy anymore.

We need to move him to a spot that lets him take some reps off so that we ensure we have him when we need him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Marrdro wrote:
    marshallvike wrote:
    Keep it up marr.

On a side note, you've been around here long enough to know that just cause I say he's done doesn't mean that I don't like him. It just means that I have concerns. In this case, its health. Dude just can't stay healthy anymore.

We need to move him to a spot that lets him take some reps off so that we ensure we have him when we need him.
    I can see the concern on health. I do believe, when healthy, he plays the position as well as he ever did. He was never a cover corner. His strength has always been his huge hitting in run support. Maybe his age is affecting his ability to stay healthy, But I love the way the little guy hits anyway.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: This for Thought

gregair13 wrote:
    Leto*

I like living in dream land too. Might as well package up something for Patrick Willis while you're at it.
    Lito*

And I'm not interested in Sheppard.

Haynesworth is pretty unreasonable IMO. He's tremendously talented, but he's lazy and frequently injured. Certainly not worth $100m.

There's nothing wrong with Leber, he played really well. Could we draft a player to replace the 31 year old down the road? Sure, but replacing him is by no means a pressing need.

I do like Clausen though. Seems like kind of a prick, and I'm not big on Notre Dame, but there's no denying his talent and NFL readiness.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Marrdro wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    Me too!! I have been telling Marr. for about a month we need to get Weatherspoon. I don't think He has my enthusiasm for that pick though.
    If memory serves, Marrdro's only concern about getting Spoon was that he couldn't play the Sam but was better suited to play the Will.

Didn't that yutz changed his mind when someone (you I think) told him that Greenway played the Sam in college.
    Hey, who are you to call Marrdro a Yutz? I did tell you he played SAM in College, even I have a kernel of info every now and again!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Marrdro wrote:
    marshallvike wrote:
    Keep it up marr.

I say move him back to FS and let him do what he does best hit people. He can still line up over the slot & cover him and we have that position filled. I think we need to address that position and this would and keep Winfield out on the field. He's a little small but he hits like a safety but covers like a corner, he even has good speed for a S.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Re: This for Thought

Mr Anderson wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    Leto*

I like living in dream land too. Might as well package up something for Patrick Willis while you're at it.
    Lito*

And I'm not interested in Sheppard.

Haynesworth is pretty unreasonable IMO. He's tremendously talented, but he's lazy and frequently injured. Certainly not worth $100m.

There's nothing wrong with Leber, he played really well. Could we draft a player to replace the 31 year old down the road? Sure, but replacing him is by no means a pressing need.

I do like Clausen though. Seems like kind of a prick, and I'm not big on Notre Dame, but there's no denying his talent and NFL readiness.
    You do realize that his contract (Lebers) is up next year right?

Not sure about how this the new environment works, but in the first 3 years under the CBA, the Vikes typically resigned/extended the guys they intended to keep long before now.

My guess is we will have a new/younger LB in there next year instead of resigning Ben. Not saying that is the smart thing to do, just what the staff has done in the past.

If that is gonna happen, I for one, hope they get a guy in to learn for this year instead of drafting one next year and throwing him to the wolves as has happened in the past.

tarkenton10 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marshallvike wrote:
    Keep it up marr.

I say move him back to FS and let him do what he does best hit people. He can still line up over the slot & cover him and we have that position filled. I think we need to address that position and this would and keep Winfield out on the field. He's a little small but he hits like a safety but covers like a corner, he even has good speed for a S.
    I need to go dig up that thread that I started a couple of years ago on moving Whinny to S a couple.

tarkenton10 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:

Hey, who are you to call Marrdro a Yutz? I did tell you he played SAM in College, even I have a kernel of info every now and again!
    Me and Marrdro are buds.......He doesn't mind me calling him a yutz everyonce in awhile. Its when I call him a chucklehead that he gets upset and wants to split lips and blacken eyes. B)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast