Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

This for Thought

We send phat pat and a 3rd rounder to Washington for Fat Albert.

We pick up Ledo Sheppard.

Package our first round pick our fouth, and fifth and a second next year to move to 21 to pick Clausen... Miami needs the picks..

we do this, I am happy with this offseason no matter how dry it has been.

I want Clausen, I want Fat Albert. Fat Albert is a GREAT DT, its just he is lazy and unmotivated. If he comes to minnesota, he'll be back in the 4-3 HE WONT get doubled and him and k-dub can wreck habit, while Edwards and Allen clean up house. With that we would be feared.

2nd round we draft a OLB to replace Leber, we already got Hendersons replacement, and Chaddy boy is still young.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: This for Thought

Leto*

I like living in dream land too. Might as well package up something for Patrick Willis while you're at it.
    We're bringing purple back.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:This for Thought

SharperImage wrote:
    Lets look at this from the Deadskins perspective.

Why would they do that? Phat Pat took alot of reps off last year and will probably take more off this year. He definately won't be back in 2011.

Why?

Package our first round pick our fouth, and fifth and a second next year to move to 21 to pick Clausen... Miami needs the picks..
    Why do you think Clausen is gonna be there at 21? I currently have him going to Buff at 9 (which I think is pretty realistic) but I could also see the 9rs taking a shot at him with either of thier picks, Miami isn't as set as most think with Henne, not to mention what might happen up there in Steeler land.

9. Buffalo (6-10) Jimmy Clausen QB
    10. Jacksonville (7-9) Joe Haden CB
    11. Denver - from Chicago (7-9) Rolando McClain ILB
    12. Miami (7-9) Sergio Kindle OLB
    13. San Francisco (8-8) Taylor Mays S
    14. Seattle - from Denver (8-8) C.J. Spiller RB
    15. New York Giants (8-8) Derrick Morgan DE
    16. Tennessee (8-8) Dan Williams DT
    17. San Francisco - from Carolina (8-8) Bruce Campbell OT
    18. Pittsburgh (9-7) Mike Iupati OG
    19. Atlanta (9-7) Brandon Graham OLB/DE
    20. Houston (9-7) Kyle Wilson CB
    21. Cincinnati (10-6) Jermaine Gresham TE

Besides, if he gets to 21 he should get alot lower. Why even move up that far?

22. New England (10-6) Jason Pierre-Paul DE
    23. Green Bay (11-5) Sean Weatherspoon OLB
    24. Philadelphia (11-5) Everson Griffen DE
    25. Baltimore (9-7) Earl Thomas CB/S
    26. Arizona (10-6) Jerry Hughes DE/OLB
    27. Dallas (11-5) Charles Brown OT
    28. San Diego (13-3) Terrence Cody DT
    29. New York Jets (9-7) Dez Bryant WR

Not going to 22, 23, 24, 25....Maybe the Cards at 26, not to Dallas or SD at 27, 28 and the Jets surely aren't going to jump at 29.

2nd round we draft a OLB to replace Leber, we already got Hendersons replacement, and Chaddy boy is still young.
    Don't mind a OLB as our second but would probably look someplace esle (CB/DT) instead.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

SharperImage wrote:
    Pat stayed unretired this season to be a Viking. If he hears that we're trying to trade him, he'd retire. As easy as that

I see no advantage to this, except maybe as a #4 corner. The guy used to be a great corner in the league, but his time has long passed

Not worth it. At #30, or late first I think we have a chance at McCoy. I wouldn't want to package up 4 picks to move up to draft Clausen, who I'm not convinced about.

I want Clausen, I want Fat Albert. Fat Albert is a GREAT DT, its just he is lazy and unmotivated. If he comes to minnesota, he'll be back in the 4-3 HE WONT get doubled and him and k-dub can wreck habit, while Edwards and Allen clean up house. With that we would be feared.
    Albert is a head case and carries a MASSIVE paycheck with him. Thats the reason the redskins couldn't trade him earlier, and thats why they won't get a huge response this time around either

2nd round we need to go BPA. I don't want to reach for an OLB just because we need one. I'd love it if we got lucky in the first and got Weatherspoon, but I'm not sure thats reasonable.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    SharperImage wrote:
    We pick up Leto Sheppard.
    Why?
    This is why.
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Maybe as a #4 corner. The guy used to be a great corner in the league.
    I am all for picking up Leto by the way. Even as the #3 behind Griffin and Winfield, he would be a great guy to add to the roster.
    We're bringing purple back.

gregair13 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    SharperImage wrote:
    We pick up Leto Sheppard.
    Why?
    This is why.
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Maybe as a #4 corner. The guy used to be a great corner in the league.
    I am all for picking up Leto by the way. Even as the #3 behind Griffin and Winfield, he would be a great guy to add to the roster.
    I'm not looking for a cat who can play behind Griff or Whinny. I'm looking for a guy who can start for them.

Griff is not gonna be 100% this year even if he does get back on the field. History just proves that it really takes 2 years to overcome one of those things.

Whinny is toast. Hate to say it, but he is done as a starter. He needs to either move to the Nickle or he needs to go someplace else like S maybe.

Back to Lito, problem with Lito, at least for me is the amount of snaps he misses, not how many he plays. Much like Whinny, he has a percieved issue of not staying healthy.

Profootballfocus Stats
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    SharperImage wrote:
    Pat stayed unretired this season to be a Viking. If he hears that we're trying to trade him, he'd retire. As easy as that

[spoiler]I agree with that, we will have to address the DT in this year's draft.[/spoiler]

I see no advantage to this, except maybe as a #4 corner. The guy used to be a great corner in the league, but his time has long passed

[spoiler]If we can get him at a bargain he can come in and help out in the nickel and dime coverages[/spoiler]

Not worth it. At #30, or late first I think we have a chance at McCoy. I wouldn't want to package up 4 picks to move up to draft Clausen, who I'm not convinced about.

[spoiler]If we want McCoy Or Patrick Robinson CB - FSU we could trade down to the middle of the second round and grab one of them![/spoiler]

Albert is a head case and carries a MASSIVE paycheck with him. Thats the reason the redskins couldn't trade him earlier, and thats why they won't get a huge response this time around either

[spoiler]Exactly - Even with the skins offering to cover most of his salary no one still wants him; That should be a strong signal to stay away![/spoiler]

[spoiler]I hope Navarro Bowman is there he is a bit undersized but he is a beast and he should be there because there are some character issues that put him in Joe Pa's doghouse.[/spoiler]

2nd round we need to go BPA. I don't want to reach for an OLB just because we need one. I'd love it if we got lucky in the first and got Weatherspoon, but I'm not sure thats reasonable.
    [spoiler][/spoiler]

Me too!! I have been telling Marr. for about a month we need to get Weatherspoon. I don't think He has my enthusiasm for that pick though.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

One thing I would be a fan of, is seeing how much the Redskins want for Landry. Rumour has it they may be shopping him before the draft. If we could get a good deal on him, I'd be a happy guy.

tarkenton10 wrote:
    Me too!! I have been telling Marr. for about a month we need to get Weatherspoon. I don't think He has my enthusiasm for that pick though.
    If memory serves, Marrdro's only concern about getting Spoon was that he couldn't play the Sam but was better suited to play the Will.

Didn't that yutz changed his mind when someone (you I think) told him that Greenway played the Sam in college.

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    If memory serves, Marrdro's only concern about getting Spoon was that he couldn't play the Sam but was better suited to play the Will.

Didn't that yutz changed his mind when someone (you I think) told him that Greenway played the Sam in college.
    I noticed that too, but I'm sure they can adjust.

Didn't Greenway start out at Sam here for a while, but was then moved to Will fairly quickly?

Perhaps, its because Leber is much better suited to S than W. I have a feeling Greenway could play either.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast