Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Thomas Tapeh

  1. #31
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: Thomas Tapeh

    "tke0933" wrote:
    I would have liked to see a deal with TRich or Neal for a couple of years, but if Tapeh pans out like he did for Westbrook, I think we did the right thing team-wise /money wise.
    Trich is getting old, actually thought of stopping after this year if i can remember.

    The Deal is great, just would like him to pan out
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  2. #32
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Thomas Tapeh

    "V4L" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "aaeyers" wrote:
    "VikesFan4Life" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Can he pick up a rushing end that just blew by our Tackle or a blitzing safety that just crashed in from the 2 gap? If so he was a good sign.
    From what I understand he's a good blocker, but I guess we'll find out, won't we?
    ;D
    He led the way for Westbrook's two best years. He is a very good lead blocker.
    I'm not sold on him cause I haven't seen enough. stats are hard to go on when dealing with Fbs.
    However, if he is going to be used primarly to block, the signing doesn't make sense. I don't know if he is an upgrade to Richardson or Neal(getting old I know but the best in the game). This signing is alot like what jacksonville did in losing Grey and signing Lemon. You just replaced what you had for the same thing.

    Maybe it was to save money and get more of a long term deal

    The verdict on Richardson is out anyway.. He might be out of football period.. Not just with the Vikes
    Huh?

    Other than his injury, Richardson has been nothing but a solid FB for us. He's one of the reasons AD & C-Tay got the kinds of yards they did.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  3. #33
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Thomas Tapeh

    I never saw T-Tap play, but I hope he's as good or better than Richardson. I'd hate to think the Vikings picked up a player of lesser caliber simply because he was a bargain or is younger.

    The goal is to sign players that will help you win Super Bowls, not to sign "bargain" mediocre players.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,134

    Re: Thomas Tapeh

    "singersp" wrote:
    I never saw T-Tap play, but I hope he's as good or better than Richardson. I'd hate to think the Vikings picked up a player of lesser caliber simply because he was a bargain or is younger.

    The goal is to sign players that will help you win Super Bowls, not to sign "bargain" mediocre players.
    It's already T-Tap? LOL

    I saw him play all through High School when he plowed through every team in the St. Paul city conference, included punk butt Cretin. I kept an eye on him all the way up until now and he's really talented. Don't forget he blocked for Marion Barber III as well as Westbrook. Richardson was good, but practically could have fathered Tapeh. He's got a job with the Chiefs front office.

  5. #35
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Thomas Tapeh

    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    I never saw T-Tap play, but I hope he's as good or better than Richardson. I'd hate to think the Vikings picked up a player of lesser caliber simply because he was a bargain or is younger.

    The goal is to sign players that will help you win Super Bowls, not to sign "bargain" mediocre players.
    It's already T-Tap? LOL

    I saw him play all through High School when he plowed through every team in the St. Paul city conference, included punk butt Cretin. I kept an eye on him all the way up until now and he's really talented. Don't forget he blocked for Marion Barber III as well as Westbrook. Richardson was good, but practically could have fathered Tapeh. He's got a job with the Chiefs front office.
    Yep, as far as I'm concerned. It has a better ring to it than just Tapeh.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #36
    Turboe's Avatar
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,593

    Re: Thomas Tapeh

    I havent watched him either, but I went on Igglephans.com last night and got a luke warm response to my questions about him at best.
    I will reserve judgement I guess until I see him in the Purple and Gold.

  7. #37
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Thomas Tapeh

    [size=13pt]Vikings Introduce Thomas Tapeh[/size]

    2/29/2008

    By Mike Wobschall, vikings.com



    On an active first day of free agency, the Vikings introduced fullback Thomas Tapeh at a press conference inside the Winter Park field house....

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #38
    BBQ Platypus's Avatar
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,027

    Re: Thomas Tapeh

    Does anyone else think of the Simpsons whenever they read his name?

    "Tapeh tapeh tapeh..."

    (Yes, I know it's pronounced differently).


    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

  9. #39
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Thomas Tapeh

    "Turboe" wrote:
    I havent watched him either, but I went on Igglephans.com last night and got a luke warm response to my questions about him at best.
    I will reserve judgement I guess until I see him in the Purple and Gold.
    I know of that site. Strange bunch of people.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Thomas Tapeh trying to resume career
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 10:59 AM
  2. Happy homecoming, Thomas Tapeh
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 07:51 PM
  3. Thomas Tapeh: Healthy. Happy. Home.
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 06:10 AM
  4. Sid Hartman talks to Thomas Tapeh
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 01:54 PM
  5. Thomas Tapeh - 'I don't do boats'
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-08-2008, 07:22 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •