Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re:Third worst draft according to Mel Kiper (C-)

People were giving the vikes bad grades last year too. As it turns out, we had one of the best. It is impossible to grade before the pen has stroked the paper.. we'll see in a year or two. Mel is a douche bag. This is the first year I ever watch him. He is so far off, it isn't even funny. Mayock is quite a bit better than him. Plus Mayock isn't so arrogant. Next year, NFL Network only.

My prediction is that it will be better than most other teams. Cook will be a starter in a year or two. Gearhart will be a solid backup behind AP. But would be able to start for most other teams. Just like Chester Taylor. And Everson Griffin will be all that Ray Edwards was and maybe more. Let's face it, Edwards is out after this year, or maybe even in a trade this year after he signs his tender. I say send his ass packin in a trade, let Robison and Griffin rotate in and out to fight for LE. Or fill in for FAT PAT on 3rd & long. Edwards will want to much money that he's not worth. Some team will give a first rounder or high second for him this summer.
    How bout you sideburns.. You want somma this milk??

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Assigning letter grades to drafts is just about as subjective an exercise you could come up with. As I've said before, the Vikes are expected to return all 22 starters. This Draft was not going to be sexy. It is obvious that those in charge prioritized depth in lieu of a QB successor. Not sure I agree, but, my job isn't on the line to win...

Trades, the Draft and Free Agency are the tools available to address losses. The Vikes lost Hicks and Chester, and let Paymah go. Therefore, they needed to replace them...they did. Replace Paymah? (aside from the fact that Webby could replace Paymah) - enter Lito Shepherd and Chris Cook. Replace Chester Taylor? - enter Toby Gebhart (obviously, they were not convinced Ian Johnson, Albert Young, or Reynaud could). Replace Hicks - not sure about the kid from Wake Forest, but, then again, did anyone notice that we signed Kiper's #1 ranked Center prior to the 2010 season, Thomas Austin, Clemson. Should we be more impressed with Kiper's C- grade of the Vikes' Draft or his pre-season grade on Austin, who went undrafted and signed as a Free Agent?

Here, I'll answer, who ***king cares? Go Vikes.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Usually I don't agree with him at all.

SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach

Didn't Kiper say we had a bad draft in 2007 also?

SharperImage42

SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach

http://sports.outsidethebeltway.com/2007/04/2007-nfl-draft-grades/

LOL at this link. Please read it all.

SharperImage42

SharperImage42 wrote:
    http://sports.outsidethebeltway.com/2007/04/2007-nfl-draft-grades/

LOL at this link. Please read it all.
    Clayton's part shows perfectly how little instant ratings mean.

Or to go even further, how much off-season predictions mean. Watch the Brett Favre part under losers. Then watch how that season turned out.

At least he did praise Adrian Peterson and the Steelers in there.

I actually like Kiper's comments there, though. The only thing he was really off about was Hall being better than Revis (both turned out fine, but Revis is obviously better) and Quinn, but really, who wasn't?
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Ranger is offline Coach

Marrdro wrote:
    Kiper is a yutz and always has been a yutz, especially when teams don't take the players he thinks they should.

Truth of the matter is, my guess is guys like Mayock do better with thier Mocks because they are respected by the teams and the teams give them better insight (what little they do give) than they do to a chucklehead like Kiper.

Kindof funny though, I didn't watch one minute of ESPNs coverage this year. First time I ever completely tuned them out.
    Kiper is a moron, so we probably wound up with the best draft.

thatjusthappened28 is offline Asst. Coach

I think Kiper wrote this article when he was giving Clausen a reach around...

In my opinion we addressed a lot of positions for the future or in case of emergencies. No sparkle in the draft with a dazzling player like most years but could be very beneficial.

CB - winny is getting old, more variety of people at the position.

RB - Gerhart is an upgrade over ian johnson, good competition with Young.

DE - who knows whats going on with edwards and Griffen was BPA

OG - good to have another body in the OL rotation in case of injury since we lost hicks.

LB - with EJ getting hurt who knows what can happen, so Tripplett is a good pick up. Also good to add a MN boy.

QB/WR - Webb may contribute in returns and possibly receiver at some point in case Harvin isn't able to go at some point.

LB - DImperio or whatever is a ILB converting to FB which could possibly be an upgrade over Tahi.

thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

and yes... that just happened!

Italian Stallion is offline Waterboy

I see Chris Cook panning out a lot like Cedric Griffin. Neither one is elite talent or measurables. Neither one is great in man to man coverage, but both fit the cover two and can be effective in our scheme and can be physical with receivers and in run support.

Remember Cedric had a bit of a shaky start to his career but by the end of the second your he became a pretty consistent performer, and I consider him our best cover DB.
    None

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Italian Stallion wrote:
    and I consider him our best cover DB.
    thats like being the best looking on the golden girls.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast