Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Think we should trade for Al Wilson ???

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    He already failed a physical, so he has some back problems, and is likely not worth gambling on.
    yeah that is what i was going to say. he failed a physical. no thank you on the damaged goods
    We're bringing purple back.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Purplexing" wrote:
    No.

EJHenderson, who was recently re-signed to a multi-year deal, could be a great MLB for many years.
    Greenway, DThomas, Leber, Davis, Ciuriu, Farwell.

The only LBs that should be signed would be a 6th or 7th rd draft pick, and/ or undrafted LBs, who would all be competing for a ST spot only.

The focus of efforts to improve the team should be on offense; i.e WR, QB, TE.
    Don't forget DE and yes, DT.

DE Rationale
    I am not completely sold that James is gonna come back 100%.

DT Rationale
    Del has convinced me that we need to get some help at DT up the middle. Phat Pat is getting old, has to rotate in and out etc etc.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    No.

EJHenderson, who was recently re-signed to a multi-year deal, could be a great MLB for many years.

The only LBs that should be signed would be a 6th or 7th rd draft pick, and/ or undrafted LBs, who would all be competing for a ST spot only.

DE Rationale

DT Rationale
    Del has convinced me that we need to get some help at DT up the middle. Phat Pat is getting old, has to rotate in and out etc etc.
    good point on Pat...thats where i wouldnt mind getting a DT in the draft or someone that can be molded

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Nephilim" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    No.

DE Rationale

DT Rationale
    good point on Pat...thats where i wouldnt mind getting a DT in the draft or someone that can be molded
    I resisted the logic behind it for a while, then Del got involved (I think the thread was along the lines of Birk/Pat getting traded or something like that).
    I now stand corrected.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    No.

DE Rationale

DT Rationale
    me either..he mite be a bit slow, and lose some of that potential he had when he came out in the draft..udeze is just awful, scott isnt a much of a rush end..the jury is still out on what mitchell and edwards can turn into
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

patistheman is offline Starter

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    No.

DE Rationale

DT Rationale
    The more I think about it, the more I think the Vikings will take Landry if he is still there.
    Think about it, Childress must not be sold on the play of our safties.
    Last year he signed Tank, drafted Blue and then signed Smith before Tank even got hurt.
    Now They have resigned Tank for just one year, which to me means that they are not sold on what he can do, but alos not on what the others can do.
    This is why I believe we could be taking a serious look at taking Landry at #7, just my thoughts.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"patistheman" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    No.

DE Rationale

DT Rationale
    The more I think about it, the more I think the Vikings will take Landry if he is still there.
    Think about it, Childress must not be sold on the play of our safties. Last year he signed Tank, drafted Blue and then signed Smith before Tank even got hurt.
    Now They have resigned Tank for just one year, which to me means that they are not sold on what he can do
    , but alos not on what the others can do.
    This is why I believe we could be taking a serious look at taking Landry at #7, just my thoughts.
    i wouldnt mind landry at #7 because i think he can be one of those big time, game changers like an ed reed sort of guy..however, it was tomlin who wanted to bring smith in to help the rest of the team become familiar with the defensive scheme he was putting in place..tomlin wanted somebody that knew the system inside and out..tank busted up his knee pretty bad last season, so he signed a 1 year deal to prove to the team that he can recover..no sense in resigning a guy long term if hes been on the roster for a whole year and couldnt make it through training camp..this way we can cut tank if he is awful in camp
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

patistheman is offline Starter

"olson_10" wrote:
    "patistheman" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    No.

DE Rationale

DT Rationale
    Think about it, Childress must not be sold on the play of our safties. Last year he signed Tank, drafted Blue and then signed Smith before Tank even got hurt.
    Now They have resigned Tank for just one year, which to me means that they are not sold on what he can do
    , but alos not on what the others can do.
    i wouldnt mind landry at #7 because i think he can be one of those big time, game changers like an ed reed sort of guy..however, it was tomlin who wanted to bring smith in to help the rest of the team become familiar with the defensive scheme he was putting in place..tomlin wanted somebody that knew the system inside and out..tank busted up his knee pretty bad last season, so he signed a 1 year deal to prove to the team that he can recover..no sense in resigning a guy long term if hes been on the roster for a whole year and couldnt make it through training camp..this way we can cut tank if he is awful in camp
    Thats another reason I could see us taking Landry there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12