Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Texans exchange proposals with Bush, Williams

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2417167

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Texans exchange proposals with Bush, Williams

it will be bush in the end..the guy can make a half hour long highlight reel in just one game, and anybody who passes him up will make one of the biggest mistakes in league history
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

the nfl really needs to put a rule in place like the NBA where rookies are limited in the amount of money they can make for the first few years..that would eliminate all holdouts and ugly situations like that
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

mewario is offline Starter

Texans need to trade down, don't people realize that Domanick Davis is only 26, a consistent 1,000 yard a year runner, 500 yards receiving a year (last year he missed 5 games or he would have hit his previous year marks), and that's playing behind the Texans horrible O-Line, and they resigned him for a nice 5 year extension last year. Bush is not going to see very many carries, and it would be a waste of Davis

jonnyb is offline Rookie

The texans have no O-line. There screwed no matter who they have as go-to guys.

SnoSho is offline Rookie

They could take Bush, build the O-line over the rest of the draft, Trade davis for what ever else they need. If they get lucky they are set this year, or they at the least don't have to worry about QB and RB in the up coming drafts :smile:

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

I agree with mewario.. While I know with the #1 pick you take the Best Player Available, no matter what, the Texans are fine at running back. Domanick Davis is a good player, and would only get better behind a decent O-Line. I would have thought that the Texans would trade down to #4 and take D'Brickshaw Ferguson and a couple more picks to use later in the draft, or a conditional pick for 2007.

And am I the only one who is not completely sold on Reggie Bush? Sure he's a great player, but the calibre of some of USC's opponents was hardly even close to mediocre AT THE COLLEGE LEVEL, and it's been said many times that in terms of players it was men against boys when USC played opponents. All this leads me to believe, while he'll be a good player in the NFL, he won't be, as olson_10 said "the guy can make a half hour long highlight reel in just one game."

This is going to be a waste! I've thought this all along! Bush and Davis sharing the ball!?! AFter this year, there has to start a little fued over who should get more carries, and I think that Houston cuts DD, after next year...but he's consistent!...

Just trade down to 2 or 4 or 6!

I wouldnt be surprised to see the san fran 49ers trade up to #1! All offseason the reasoning to draft Vernon Davis was to bring talent around alex smith.....what better way to trade up for reggie bush!?!

WSWR is offline Training Camp

Bush wants $30 million guarented, this is a method of trying to lower his price.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Charlie Casterley, the guy in charge in Hou, doesn't think like a normal human being. So what ever you think is right, start thinking the exact opposite and then try arguing the side of the Texans.

I tend to agree that they will trade and get multiple picks for the trade.

The other part to this story in support of picking Bush, is the fan base. The Luster of the TEXANs being a new team and just rooting for them to support them is getting "boring." The could use a face, high profile player, to get people excited again. Remember, they don't have the luxury of having 40 years worth of fans under their belt. Winning cures all, but Bush would definitely help the fans identify with the team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast