Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Ten Things You Didn't Know About The 2006 Draft

Actually I agree with lots of stuff he said. I think Vernon Davis is just going to change this game SOOO much. He's going to revolutionize the TE spot like none other. If a TE has never won MVP before, I'd bet my money on VD winning it before any other (yes I like him that much too).

I also agree with him about Marcus Vick. As much of a pain Marcus is, he's talented- very talented. I wouldn't be surprised if he went as early as 2nd round even!

His Vince Young prediction is also very legit. I like Jennings in the 1st as well.

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

Vernon Davis ran a 4.38 in thr combine? If this is true, then that would be freakish. I might get some hater for this, but it would be a good pick up at 17.

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler

LOL a good pickup? It would be the SOD of the century my good friend MikeCarter.

Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame

"PurpleManiac" wrote:
    LOL a good pickup? It would be the SOD of the century my good friend MikeCarter.
    I'm with you boys on VD, even though TE is not a need area for the Vikes, there's always room for a freak. One freak can makeup for a lot of average players... see Randy Moss.

man, i really, really want ernie sims. i would be soooooooo mad if philly picked him at 14. i want the vikings to have this guy alot.

mackd10 is offline Rookie

RB .................................. pick #17 ...................period!

purplegang is offline Starter

I think this guy would cement the recieving cor , davis, wiggins, we would be tight at end

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

Too much is being put on VD and all these great physical aspects about himself. I think that is one of the biggest reason why the NFL draft is such a crap shoot, because of the combine. Everyone has a good day and a bad day and yet it all boils down to a single performance.

I really hope and give VD my best but I just have this feeling that he isnt going to revolutionize anything and truly think hes going to just be an above average TE.

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame

"Wiggles67" wrote:
    Too much is being put on VD and all these great physical aspects about himself. I think that is one of the biggest reason why the NFL draft is such a crap shoot, because of the combine. Everyone has a good day and a bad day and yet it all boils down to a single performance.

I really hope and give VD my best but I just have this feeling that he isnt going to revolutionize anything and truly think hes going to just be an above average TE.
    You might be right, but chances of him being an impact player at the next level are much higher than a lot of other prospects. There are never any guarantees, the guy could pull a Kellen Winslow and slip on a banana peel in the parking lot. Taking chances is what life is about, if you want the big payback, you have to take chances.

He has done more than just perform well at the combine. He was successful at Maryland and came into the draft with high expectations, they were just elevated by his great performance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12