Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,858

    Taylor Mays Available

    Would you mind if we traded a 4th or 5th for him?
    Damn good athlete, inexpensive contract (2nd rounder and a DB head coach could be all it takes to move this guys career around. Worst case scenerio, he adds 10lbs and we move him to WLB.

  2. #2
    MulletMullitia's Avatar
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    943
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Taylor Mays Available

    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1103247
    Would you mind if we traded a 4th or 5th for him?
    Damn good athlete, inexpensive contract (2nd rounder and a DB head coach could be all it takes to move this guys career around. Worst case scenerio, he adds 10lbs and we move him to WLB.
    I really was hoping we would draft him a couple years go. He is a very intriguing project. And he couldn't be any worse than what we have.

    Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

  3. #3
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,852
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Taylor Mays Available

    Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1103248
    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1103247
    Would you mind if we traded a 4th or 5th for him?
    Damn good athlete, inexpensive contract (2nd rounder and a DB head coach could be all it takes to move this guys career around. Worst case scenerio, he adds 10lbs and we move him to WLB.
    I really was hoping we would draft him a couple years go. He is a very intriguing project. And he couldn't be any worse than what we have.
    You mean a year ago? And yah I hope we get him for cheap. I went over to a 49ers forum to see what they were saying and most people were happy saying he's trash at coverage. I'd love to take a chance on him for such a low asking price.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

  4. #4
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Taylor Mays Available

    For a fourth or fifth rounder I would definitely take a shot, but he would take a lot of work.

  5. #5
    MulletMullitia's Avatar
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    943
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Taylor Mays Available

    Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1103253
    Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1103248
    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1103247
    Would you mind if we traded a 4th or 5th for him?
    Damn good athlete, inexpensive contract (2nd rounder and a DB head coach could be all it takes to move this guys career around. Worst case scenerio, he adds 10lbs and we move him to WLB.
    I really was hoping we would draft him a couple years go. He is a very intriguing project. And he couldn't be any worse than what we have.
    You mean a year ago? And yah I hope we get him for cheap. I went over to a 49ers forum to see what they were saying and most people were happy saying he's trash at coverage. I'd love to take a chance on him for such a low asking price.
    Coming from the team that just signed Madieu Williams :laugh:

    Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

  6. #6
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Taylor Mays Available

    Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1103261
    Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1103253
    Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1103248
    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1103247
    Would you mind if we traded a 4th or 5th for him?
    Damn good athlete, inexpensive contract (2nd rounder and a DB head coach could be all it takes to move this guys career around. Worst case scenerio, he adds 10lbs and we move him to WLB.
    I really was hoping we would draft him a couple years go. He is a very intriguing project. And he couldn't be any worse than what we have.
    You mean a year ago? And yah I hope we get him for cheap. I went over to a 49ers forum to see what they were saying and most people were happy saying he's trash at coverage. I'd love to take a chance on him for such a low asking price.
    Coming from the team that just signed Madieu Williams :laugh:
    Madieu is actually ok in coverage. He sucks in space (the Cover 2 scheme for instance). He gets out of position to easily. He has always been a decent man-up safety. Problem is, most schemes don't call for that much.

  7. #7
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,231

    Re: Taylor Mays Available

    It's good to have Singletary in this situation. If the kid showed promise he will be in Leslie's ear today or tomorrow I'd imagine, and if he was a turd I'm sure he'll warn Leslie.

  8. #8
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Taylor Mays Available

    Quote Originally Posted by "jessejames09" #1103265
    It's good to have Singletary in this situation. If the kid showed promise he will be in Leslie's ear today or tomorrow I'd imagine, and if he was a turd I'm sure he'll warn Leslie.
    Excellent point. He did draft him, but if by the time he left he thought negatively of him, he will make sure we shy away.

    Very valuable to have a former head coach of the kid in the fold.

  9. #9
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,852
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Taylor Mays Available

    Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1103261
    Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1103253
    Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1103248
    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1103247
    Would you mind if we traded a 4th or 5th for him?
    Damn good athlete, inexpensive contract (2nd rounder and a DB head coach could be all it takes to move this guys career around. Worst case scenerio, he adds 10lbs and we move him to WLB.
    I really was hoping we would draft him a couple years go. He is a very intriguing project. And he couldn't be any worse than what we have.
    You mean a year ago? And yah I hope we get him for cheap. I went over to a 49ers forum to see what they were saying and most people were happy saying he's trash at coverage. I'd love to take a chance on him for such a low asking price.
    Coming from the team that just signed Madieu Williams :laugh:
    Well it is the fans opinion of him and they didn't personally sign him or even want him on their teams. It's like if we signed some crappy guard then were trying to trade Cook and people here said "Good, he sucks at blocking and life". Just because we signed the crappy dude doesn't make us fans less qualified to say that cook blows. Although some would disagree :whistle:
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

  10. #10
    centexcabinets is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1

    Re: Taylor Mays Available

    No, we do not want him. Yes, he's a freak athlete. Big, fast strong. So, what's the problem? He can't change direction. Watch his feet and more importantly hips. They are terrible. That pretty much makes him useless in the NFL.

    http://www.centexcabinets.com
    None

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. McMahon, Fawcett, Jackson, Mays........pp.o death pool
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 229
    Last Post: 10-02-2013, 10:06 AM
  2. Billy Mays Dead
    By gregair13 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 11:54 PM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-06-2008, 04:20 AM
  4. C.Taylor
    By mfenlon in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 11:16 PM
  5. Should we have gone with edge or taylor?
    By Idahovike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 02:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •