Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Taylor and Leber signed

so is leber our new MLB? or does he play on the outside?
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

I think he plays on the outside!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    "collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    before people start saying onterrio is better realize that taylor don't have a drug problem. we need a running back we can rely on and don't have to worry about him being hurt every other game i.e. michael bennett, or doing drugs.

i agree, Taylor is a young back that can improve!! I still think Smith will get atleast the same amount of time if not more than Chester, that is if we keep him!!! I like Leber, even though he had foot surgery, he knows the cover 2 defense which can be a big help for rookies, or new FA that don't know the system!!! AND the plus side to all of this is that they are both young!!!
    i agree..ive been saying this for awhile, we have had scouts watching tape of this guy all year long, we obviously know what we are doing with the taylor signing..who knows, he could be the next larry johnson..none of us can rip on him right now..any news on whether or not we are bringing smith back yet?
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"nogathomasmillarddoleman" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    KFFL.com
    Vikings | Leber contract update
    Sat, 11 Mar 2006 20:19:09 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings LB Ben Leber signed a five-year contract worth $20 million with $4 million guaranteed in bonuses.

Vikings | C. Taylor contract update
    Sat, 11 Mar 2006 20:18:43 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Chester Taylor signed a four-year contract worth $14.1 million with $5.6 million guaranteed in bonuses.
    Leber got a BIGGER contract that Taylor...who looks to be our STUD RB...something is amiss with this!!! :???:
    You are amiss. Can't you see the direction we're heading;

Kleinsasser player a larger role, the signing of Goodspeed.

We are a different offense and it would be wise to accept it as something great.
    Chester and Ben will be contributions, guaranteed

Go Vikings.
    they certainly will be nice contributers to this team this season..and what does money matter? clinton portis was making less than a million a year when he was with the broncos..dont say such rediculous stuff like comparing the amount of money the guy is getting..this contract is his chance to shine, and breakout..guy hasnt proven anything to get anything more right now

some people on this website need to realize that its impossible to start when the guy in front of you just ran for 2000 yards recently

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    some people on this website need to realize that its impossible to start when the guy in front of you just ran for 2000 yards recently
    Thats so true, that is the reason we didn't pull pepp earlier in the season, it took an injury to get him off the field. Because of what he did the year before.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NavyVik" wrote:
    I like what the Vikes are doing, building around standup solid players. We can do without the high profile, premadonna athletes. I prefer the blue collar approach to winning championships. We could end up as the next NE.
    Yeah...but NE went out and signed Corey Dillon when their running game needed bolstering...Taylor ain't no Corey Dillon. :sad:
    Dillon wasn't a big name back when he was with the bengals, so basicially the pats did what we are doing by signing an average back who shows poetential and could really thrive under the right system.
    Yeah...riiiiight....check the stats that were posted by LuckyVike...and add to those stats the fact that Dillon broke Walter Peyton's single game rushing record while with the Bengals!

:razz: :razz: :razz:
    Settle down, dudes. Dillon was a great back in a small market; and NE was on the verge of a SB. That is not near where we are at. Please don't compare situations. Dillon did his duty in NE, and quite frankly, was the perfect ingedient at the time of the SB wins.
    I hope we get to that level.
    NE had ALREADY won one...and was attempting to get back again. We DO need a BIG TIME RB...and I stand by my assertion that we aren't pursuing the players that we really need to win a Super Bowl. I am NOT comparing situations...I am stating that without a STUD RB (not Herschel Walker, who WASN'T a STUD RB in the NFL...regardless of what the Viking "brain[less] trust" thought).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"Skoal_Vikings" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    KFFL.com

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings LB Ben Leber signed a five-year contract worth $20 million with $4 million guaranteed in bonuses.

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings RB Chester Taylor signed a four-year contract worth $14.1 million with $5.6 million guaranteed in bonuses.
    Leber got a BIGGER contract that Taylor...who looks to be our STUD RB...something is amiss with this!!! :???:
    20 mil couldve been the max amount it was worth with incentives though. besides, taylor has been a backup his whole career. whether he will be good here or not he didnt really command top dollar.
    Which is EXACTLY why I wanted Edge instead...I want a SURE THING (like Corey Dillon), not a MAYBE!!!

"olson_10" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    KFFL.com

You are amiss. Can't you see the direction we're heading;

Kleinsasser player a larger role, the signing of Goodspeed.

We are a different offense and it would be wise to accept it as something great.
    Chester and Ben will be contributions, guaranteed

Go Vikings.
    they certainly will be nice contributers to this team this season..and what does money matter? clinton portis was making less than a million a year when he was with the broncos..dont say such rediculous stuff like comparing the amount of money the guy is getting..this contract is his chance to shine, and breakout..guy hasnt proven anything to get anything more right now
    That was his ROOKIE contract...no comparison to this situation!

"olson_10" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    "collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    before people start saying onterrio is better realize that taylor don't have a drug problem. we need a running back we can rely on and don't have to worry about him being hurt every other game i.e. michael bennett, or doing drugs.

i agree, Taylor is a young back that can improve!! I still think Smith will get atleast the same amount of time if not more than Chester, that is if we keep him!!! I like Leber, even though he had foot surgery, he knows the cover 2 defense which can be a big help for rookies, or new FA that don't know the system!!! AND the plus side to all of this is that they are both young!!!
    i agree..ive been saying this for awhile, we have had scouts watching tape of this guy all year long, we obviously know what we are doing with the taylor signing..who knows, he could be the next larry johnson..none of us can rip on him right now..any news on whether or not we are bringing smith back yet?
    LJ was a FIRST ROUNDER who SHOULD HAVE won the Heisman but got screwed (he rushed for over 2000 yards his senior year)...Taylor was a 6th rounder from Toledo...doesn't mean he can't be good...but you are comparing apples to oranges by mentioning Larry Johnson and Taylor in the same breath right now. Now if you compared him to Priest Holmes (who signed with Baltimore as an undrafted FA out of Texas) that is a little better comparison...but even Priest started in Baltimore and had one 1000-yard season and a couple of 500-yard seasons before he was traded to KC.

What we have is someone who MIGHT be good...or MIGHT NOT!

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast