Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36
  1. #11
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869

    Re: Tank to explore free agency

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Vikings" wrote:
    Thats good we just waste money on him anyways
    no its not good.
    Doss is gone, now Tank, that leaves us absolutely needing a starting safety.
    We have Sharper and Frampton left.
    Let's hope Frampton comes alive this season and is a big hit.
    I need you oo oo to show me the way.
    Should see a fair amount of action in FA this year, right?

  2. #12
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tank to explore free agency

    We had better.
    We now NEED a FA safety.
    Can't risk it all on a #1 draft pick.

  3. #13
    Red I 360 is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    43

    Re: Tank to explore free agency

    Let's just get someone for one or two seasons, and then make a push to draft S Taylor Mays, for USC, next year. The kid is AMAZING!!

  4. #14
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,909

    Re: Tank to explore free agency

    I said it before. Releasing Smith so early was a mistake. If we sign Phillips or a FA, thier agent is going to eat us alive. Williams( cincy) must be licking his lips. We need him and outside of the draft and giants FS...we don't have many options....We willpay thru the nose for him.

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Tank to explore free agency

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Vikings" wrote:
    Thats good we just waste money on him anyways
    no its not good.
    Doss is gone, now Tank, that leaves us absolutely needing a starting safety.
    We have Sharper and Frampton left.
    Hmmm, now all you cats are catching on to what the Marrdro has been saying for over a month.

    Think Maybe S is now a priority both in FA and in the draft.


    No wait, lets go ahead and hope that one or both say, Smith isn't cut and trade all of our picks for one player.
    ;D

    Here is the plan that the staff will follow.

    Sharper
    Frampton
    FA Vet (Wilson/Williams/Knight)
    Rookie (2008 draft 1rst round) Reggie Smith

    Still leaves an opening.
    Either sign Doss (they offered him a multi year contract in 2006) or move Griff back to S and start McCauley or Gordon.

    Draft a Rookie CB or better yet, sign a CB from the CB heavy FA pool (Trufant/Florence/Reeves).

    Even with all that movement, we will have a better secondary than we had last year.



    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Tank to explore free agency

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Vikings" wrote:
    Thats good we just waste money on him anyways
    no its not good.
    Doss is gone, now Tank, that leaves us absolutely needing a starting safety.
    We have Sharper and Frampton left.
    Hmmm, now all you cats are catching on to what the Marrdro has been saying for over a month.

    Think Maybe S is now a priority both in FA and in the draft.


    No wait, lets go ahead and hope that one or both say, Smith isn't cut and trade all of our picks for one player.
    ;D

    Here is the plan that the staff will follow.

    Sharper
    Frampton
    FA Vet (Wilson/Williams/Knight)
    Rookie (2008 draft 1rst round) Reggie Smith

    Still leaves an opening.
    Either sign Doss (they offered him a multi year contract in 2006) or move Griff back to S and start McCauley or Gordon.

    Draft a Rookie CB or better yet, sign a CB from the CB heavy FA pool (Trufant/Florence/Reeves).

    Even with all that movement, we will have a better secondary than we had last year.



    Draft a CB in the first round, and move Griffin over to safety.
    Perfect.

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Tank to explore free agency

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I said it before. Releasing Smith so early was a mistake. If we sign Phillips or a FA, thier agent is going to eat us alive. Williams( cincy) must be licking his lips. We need him and outside of the draft and giants FS...we don't have many options....We willpay thru the nose for him.
    You've said it multiple times and I still ain't listening.


    Comeon my friend.
    Do you really think they made that move without at least having not only a primary plan, but a couple of backups as well.

    It isn't like we are dealing with a semi-pro staff here.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Tank to explore free agency

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I said it before. Releasing Smith so early was a mistake. If we sign Phillips or a FA, thier agent is going to eat us alive. Williams( cincy) must be licking his lips. We need him and outside of the draft and giants FS...we don't have many options....We willpay thru the nose for him.
    You've said it multiple times and I still ain't listening.


    Comeon my friend.
    Do you really think they made that move without at least having not only a primary plan, but a couple of backups as well.

    It isn't like we are dealing with a semi-pro staff here.
    Mar even the perfect Triangle of Doom makes mistakes.
    Maybe they thought they had something worked out and just let him go.
    But I'd rather keep the starting safety for a backup plan until i have the new guy on the team since Smith wasn't hurting us by being on the offseason roster.

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Tank to explore free agency

    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I said it before. Releasing Smith so early was a mistake. If we sign Phillips or a FA, thier agent is going to eat us alive. Williams( cincy) must be licking his lips. We need him and outside of the draft and giants FS...we don't have many options....We willpay thru the nose for him.
    You've said it multiple times and I still ain't listening.


    Comeon my friend.
    Do you really think they made that move without at least having not only a primary plan, but a couple of backups as well.

    It isn't like we are dealing with a semi-pro staff here.
    Mar even the perfect Triangle of Doom makes mistakes.
    Maybe they thought they had something worked out and just let him go.
    But I'd rather keep the starting safety for a backup plan until i have the new guy on the team since Smith wasn't hurting us by being on the offseason roster.
    I hear ya my friend.

    Look, I don't know why the released him.
    Maybe it was because they are really trying to establish a team with accountability, maybe they already have Griff slated to move to Safety, maybe they have already agreed in prinicipal with Doss.

    Who knows, but trust me. I feel pretty confident that Spielman knows what he is doing.

    Again, it sounds bad, but really, they only have one position of concern in my book and again, I am sure they have a plan.
    Hell, if I was thinking about it then I am sure they have been.

    Sharper
    Frampton
    FA Vet (Wilson/Williams/Knight)
    Rookie (2008 draft 1rst round) Reggie Smith

    Still leaves an opening.
    Either sign Doss (they offered him a multi year contract in 2006) or move Griff back to S and start McCauley or Gordon.

    Draft a Rookie CB or better yet, sign a CB from the CB heavy FA pool (Trufant/Florence/Reeves).

    Even with all that movement, we will have a better secondary than we had last year.
    Here is a great thread someone started here in PPO on this very same subject.
    He must be a smart man.
    ;D
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...6608#msg706608
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Tank to explore free agency

    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I said it before. Releasing Smith so early was a mistake. If we sign Phillips or a FA, thier agent is going to eat us alive. Williams( cincy) must be licking his lips. We need him and outside of the draft and giants FS...we don't have many options....We willpay thru the nose for him.
    You've said it multiple times and I still ain't listening.


    Comeon my friend.
    Do you really think they made that move without at least having not only a primary plan, but a couple of backups as well.

    It isn't like we are dealing with a semi-pro staff here.
    Mar even the perfect Triangle of Doom makes mistakes.
    Maybe they thought they had something worked out and just let him go.
    But I'd rather keep the starting safety for a backup plan until i have the new guy on the team since Smith wasn't hurting us by being on the offseason roster.
    Aren't players due a roster bonus next week?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Free Agency!?!?!?!
    By minnesotapride in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-02-2007, 08:48 AM
  2. It is the eve of free agency..
    By happy camper in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-02-2007, 02:42 AM
  3. Woman forfeits friend for free tank of gas
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-19-2006, 09:11 AM
  4. Bengals | Kitna to explore free agency options
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-14-2006, 04:53 PM
  5. Free Agency
    By nzviking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-06-2003, 06:48 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •