Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 61
  1. #21
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sydney Rice has mature view of play

    "V" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    My main point was not that these receivers are not capable of being good, but that this is a piece of pooh article. "Sidney had a bad day." should be the title, and I don't see how you can draw much positives from that article, unless of course, you were born last night. ;D
    I disagree.
    Would rather have a rookie come out, have a bad day, and then play the blame game and attribute his mistakes to the situation instead of himself?
    Or would you rather have a rookie come out and have a bad day, and take credit his mistakes and work on correcting them.

    The point about the article wasn't about the bad day that Rice had.
    It was about the way he handled it.
    And I think that is a very positive thing.
    This is why I like you Nodak. You are probably the most intelligent optimist on this board.
    That being said, I would still rather have Sidney come out, and have a good day.

    I like that he has a good attitude, but having a good attitude gets you nowhere if you don't have the skills. I will say though, that if you do have great skills, having a good attitude is what makes you a special player.
    Dang, that doesn't say much for the other optimists then. ;D

    I would love to hear that Rice has a good day too.
    And TWill, Wade, and TJ for that matter.
    I have faith, but it would be nice to see that faith justified...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #22
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Sydney Rice has mature view of play

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    My main point was not that these receivers are not capable of being good, but that this is a piece of pooh article. "Sidney had a bad day." should be the title, and I don't see how you can draw much positives from that article, unless of course, you were born last night. ;D
    I disagree.
    Would rather have a rookie come out, have a bad day, and then play the blame game and attribute his mistakes to the situation instead of himself?
    Or would you rather have a rookie come out and have a bad day, and take credit his mistakes and work on correcting them.

    The point about the article wasn't about the bad day that Rice had.
    It was about the way he handled it.
    And I think that is a very positive thing.
    This is why I like you Nodak. You are probably the most intelligent optimist on this board.
    That being said, I would still rather have Sidney come out, and have a good day.

    I like that he has a good attitude, but having a good attitude gets you nowhere if you don't have the skills. I will say though, that if you do have great skills, having a good attitude is what makes you a special player.
    Dang, that doesn't say much for the other optimists then. ;D

    I would love to hear that Rice has a good day too.
    And TWill, Wade, and TJ for that matter.
    I have faith, but it would be nice to see that faith justified...
    I have faith, in the long term, which is why I said I doubt our WR corps we be "special" this year Marrdro. Young and inexperienced mean that they are projects. They still need to develop. Better than last year is not saying much. If we are not better than last year at WR, Childress needs to be fired.


    OK maybe not Childress, but somebody important needs to be fired.


    Actually, I take that back, Childress is definetly the one who should be fired.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  3. #23
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Sydney Rice has mature view of play

    "V" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    My main point was not that these receivers are not capable of being good, but that this is a piece of pooh article. "Sidney had a bad day." should be the title, and I don't see how you can draw much positives from that article, unless of course, you were born last night. ;D
    I disagree.
    Would rather have a rookie come out, have a bad day, and then play the blame game and attribute his mistakes to the situation instead of himself?
    Or would you rather have a rookie come out and have a bad day, and take credit his mistakes and work on correcting them.

    The point about the article wasn't about the bad day that Rice had.
    It was about the way he handled it.
    And I think that is a very positive thing.
    This is why I like you Nodak. You are probably the most intelligent optimist on this board.
    That being said, I would still rather have Sidney come out, and have a good day.

    I like that he has a good attitude, but having a good attitude gets you nowhere if you don't have the skills. I will say though, that if you do have great skills, having a good attitude is what makes you a special player.
    Dang, that doesn't say much for the other optimists then. ;D

    I would love to hear that Rice has a good day too.
    And TWill, Wade, and TJ for that matter.
    I have faith, but it would be nice to see that faith justified...
    I have faith, in the long term, which is why I said I doubt our WR corps we be "special" this year Marrdro. Young and inexperienced mean that they are projects. They still need to develop. Better than last year is not saying much. If we are not better than last year at WR, Childress needs to be fired.


    OK maybe not Childress, but somebody important needs to be fired.


    Actually, I take that back, Childress is definetly the one who should be fired.
    I hear ya V.
    You just need to be a bit more patient.

    If they (and they will) need time to develop, are you saying we should fire B-chill and have someone else come in and start a new scheme which they would then have to re-learn everything?

    Continuity my friend will get us to the ultimate prize, not shit canning coaches and signing a bunch of has been FA that don't fit the scheme for ungodly amounts of money.


    On a side note:

    Not sure how far you get into football, however, for everyone that goes as far as I do I highly recommend a book that will help understand the WCO from a coaching perspective especially how important ball control both in the passing and rush game are used to break defenses down.
    Very interesting read.

    http://www.humankinetics.com/product...sbn=0880116625
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #24
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Sydney Rice has mature view of play

    Stay tuned...today, there will be a new release:

    "Today Was A Good Day"..by Rice Cube!!!
    LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  5. #25
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,233

    Re: Sydney Rice has mature view of play

    "Saw the police and they rolled right past me
    No flexin, didn't even look in a brother's direction "

  6. #26
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Sydney Rice has mature view of play

    "Marrdro" wrote:

    I hear ya V.
    You just need to be a bit more patient.

    If they (and they will) need time to develop, are you saying we should fire B-chill and have someone else come in and start a new scheme which they would then have to re-learn everything?

    Continuity my friend will get us to the ultimate prize, not shit canning coaches and signing a bunch of has been FA that don't fit the scheme for ungodly amounts of money.


    On a side note:

    Not sure how far you get into football, however, for everyone that goes as far as I do I highly recommend a book that will help understand the WCO from a coaching perspective especially how important ball control both in the passing and rush game are used to break defenses down.
    Very interesting read.

    http://www.humankinetics.com/product...sbn=0880116625
    You're kidding me right. All I have been saying is that we should wait before crowning these guys as the next great WR tandem in the making. I am the one preaching patience.

    I stand by the statement on Childress. He said this team lacks playmakers, not plays. If he can't improve the pathetic gaggle that was the WR corps last year, he needs to go. I have no problem saying that for two reasons:

    1. Childress had ample opportunity to improve the talent at WR. He had many choices to choose from, inclduing keeping Marcus Robinson, Hank Baskett, and/or Travis Taylor. In FA there was a bunch of receivers who would improve this team, including Bobby Wade. There was several different ways to address this need and in the end Childress thinks Wade and Rice are the answer. IMO this was a good route to choose. However, if it doesn't work out, we will surely look back and say Childress made some bad personnel choices at WR.

    2. I have no doubt that this years WRs will be better than last year's laughing stock. There are a plethora of reason we will be better and being the optimist you are Marrdro, you would probably agree with all of them. If the WR corps is not better, then something is seriously, seriously wrong. Coaches need to fix problems and if Childress as an offensive guru cannot fix his passing attack to me it means he doesn't have to skills to coach. However, it doesn't really matter because the WR corps will be better.

    Continuity does not get you anywhere. The Browns have continuity. Progress is what gets you to the ultimate prize, and if Childress, or any other coach in the NFL for that matter, isn't showing signs of progress, he needs to go.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  7. #27
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Sydney Rice has mature view of play

    "Marrdro" wrote:

    They all appear to be catching the ball.
    The first two days of the optional practices this week didn't leave much room for optimism. Passes hit the turf at an alarming rate, with McMullen, new tight end Visanthe Shiancoe and project receiver Todd Lowber all struggling to hold onto the ball.
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=88888914&topic=345 29.0

    Practicing under cloudy skies and an occasional drizzle, Billy McMullen and Maurice Mann were among the receivers who had trouble catching the football early. In a one-on-one drill in which a receiver went against a defensive back, Cortez Hankton and Randy Hymes both were unable to haul in passes.

    Not every pass hit the ground, however. At one point, the new-to-football but very speedy Todd Lowber caught a deep pass from Brooks Bollinger and shortly thereafter Troy Williamson beat cornerback Chad Johnson to catch a deep ball from Tarvaris Jackson.
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=88888914&topic=344 93.0

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #28
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Sydney Rice has mature view of play

    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Saw the police and they rolled right past me
    No flexin, didn't even look in a brother's direction "
    "Saw the DBs and I blew right past them...not just a first down, but a touchdown..."

    Gotta change the words to make it make sense...LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  9. #29
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: Sydney Rice has mature view of play

    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

    I hear ya V.
    You just need to be a bit more patient.

    If they (and they will) need time to develop, are you saying we should fire B-chill and have someone else come in and start a new scheme which they would then have to re-learn everything?

    Continuity my friend will get us to the ultimate prize, not shit canning coaches and signing a bunch of has been FA that don't fit the scheme for ungodly amounts of money.


    On a side note:

    Not sure how far you get into football, however, for everyone that goes as far as I do I highly recommend a book that will help understand the WCO from a coaching perspective especially how important ball control both in the passing and rush game are used to break defenses down.
    Very interesting read.

    http://www.humankinetics.com/product...sbn=0880116625
    You're kidding me right. All I have been saying is that we should wait before crowning these guys as the next great WR tandem in the making. I am the one preaching patience.

    I stand by the statement on Childress. He said this team lacks playmakers, not plays. If he can't improve the pathetic gaggle that was the WR corps last year, he needs to go. I have no problem saying that for two reasons:

    1. Childress had ample opportunity to improve the talent at WR. He had many choices to choose from, inclduing keeping Marcus Robinson, Hank Baskett, and/or Travis Taylor. In FA there was a bunch of receivers who would improve this team, including Bobby Wade. There was several different ways to address this need and in the end Childress thinks Wade and Rice are the answer. IMO this was a good route to choose. However, if it doesn't work out, we will surely look back and say Childress made some bad personnel choices at WR.

    2. I have no doubt that this years WRs will be better than last year's laughing stock. There are a plethora of reason we will be better and being the optimist you are Marrdro, you would probably agree with all of them. If the WR corps is not better, then something is seriously, seriously wrong. Coaches need to fix problems and if Childress as an offensive guru cannot fix his passing attack to me it means he doesn't have to skills to coach. However, it doesn't really matter because the WR corps will be better.

    Continuity does not get you anywhere. The Browns have continuity. Progress is what gets you to the ultimate prize, and if Childress, or any other coach in the NFL for that matter, isn't showing signs of progress, he needs to go.
    Well said. If the recievers can't improve over there pathetic performance last year we should fire chilly, the offensive coordinator, release all of the reciever's and maybe turn the vikings into a rugby team.

  10. #30
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Sydney Rice has mature view of play

    "jmcdon00" wrote:

    If the recievers can't improve over there pathetic performance last year we should fire chilly, the offensive coordinator, release all of the reciever's and maybe turn the vikings into a rugby team.
    Do you think the state will build the Vikings a new rugby stadium?
    :-

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sydney Pollack dies of cancer at 73
    By VikingMike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 09:08 PM
  2. For the mature woman who has everything: a boy toy
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 03:04 PM
  3. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 12-22-2007, 06:49 AM
  4. Congratz singersp on the Sydney Rice (18) G!!!!
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-07-2007, 06:32 PM
  5. As I Mature
    By Del Rio in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 05:30 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •