Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Sydney Rice has mature view of play

Wow, our new WR has a bad day at camp, but some think this group or WR will be special this year.

I not totally disagreeing, but it is a bit of a leap don't you think? I mean the article is about how shitty Rice played, and we are praising him?

I love the mature attitude and postive thinking, but come on. I would much rather see an article about him actually doing well, this just doesn't cut it.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V" wrote:
    Wow, our new WR has a bad day at camp, but some think this group or WR will be special this year.

I not totally disagreeing, but it is a bit of a leap don't you think? I mean the article is about how poohie Rice played, and we are praising him?

I love the mature attitude and postive thinking, but come on. I would much rather see an article about him actually doing well, this just doesn't cut it.
    OK, how about this one:

http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_objectname_sidrice52407.html
    As he works through his first full-squad practices during the Vikings OTA workouts, Rice finds himself in the midst of another learning process.

"I'm still learning. I've just got to stay in my playbook, keep studying and listen to what the coaches are telling me," he says. "I'm picking up everything really well."

Darrell Bevell, the Vikings offensive coordinator, agrees.

"I like what I see," Bevell said after Thursday's OTA. "He really has great ball skills. He's still a young player; he has a lot to learn. He still needs to learn to use better technique getting in and out of his cuts...but you can see just from the two weeks that they've been here he's made those improvements, and he'll continue to get better."

It seems Rice has this learning thing down.
    Most of the stuff I have seen come out of the OTAs regarding Rice has been rather positive.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V" wrote:

I not totally disagreeing, but it is a bit of a leap don't you think? I mean the article is about how poohie Rice played, and we are praising him?

Some heck.
    Go ahead and insert Marrdro there.
    ;D

Why don't you think they will be productive this year?

Of course we only get what the press and coaches put out, however.........

We have a new WR coach who appears to understand that he is supposed to coach and correct problems.
    Offensive line should be/appears to be better allowing for more time for the QB to throw the ball.
    We have a couple of QB that appear to be putting the ball in there hands under limited pressure during OTA's/Camp.
    They all appear to fit the mold (Not moulds) needed for the WCO.
    They all appear to be catching the ball.
    They all appear to understand what they are doing wrong and corrections are made.

Only real detractor related to our WR corp is that they are young, inexperienced and will not instantly become Jerry Rices this year, but they sure should be better than what we had last year.

I for one (again you can ref me in your posts) think that they will become something special this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Much Better
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

Some heck.

;D

We have a new WR coach who appears to understand that he is supposed to coach and correct problems.
    Offensive line should be/appears to be better allowing for more time for the QB to throw the ball.
    We have a couple of QB that appear to be putting the ball in there hands under limited pressure during OTA's/Camp.
    They all appear to understand what they are doing wrong and corrections are made.

Only real detractor related to our WR corp is that they are young, inexperienced and will not instantly become Jerry Rices this year, but they sure should be better than what we had last year.

I for one (again you can ref me in your posts) think that they will become something special this year.
    not for nothing but what do you mean "they all appear".
    have you been watching the practices? we as fans are not gonna know squat till preseason starts and we should get long looks at a bunch of these guys cuz there are not a whole lot of vets that will even be taking up the first quarters.
    once rookies are signed and depth charts are created through position battles than we will start to get a feel.
    but right now we don't have the first damn clue.
    to be honest we may not really see our true offense till midseason cuz it'll be asking alot for these guys to get it all together by opening day.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

Some heck.

;D

not for nothing but what do you mean "they all appear".
    have you been watching the practices? we as fans are not gonna know squat till preseason starts and we should get long looks at a bunch of these guys cuz there are not a whole lot of vets that will even be taking up the first quarters.
    once rookies are signed and depth charts are created through position battles than we will start to get a feel.
    but right now we don't have the first gol 'darnit clue.
    to be honest we may not really see our true offense till midseason cuz it'll be asking alot for these guys to get it all together by opening day.
    Big guy.
    Please re-read my post.
    I was born at night.....
    But not last night.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

Some heck.

;D

We've been over this again and again. Like I've said before, repstect, and trust, is earned. I'm not going to think they will have a productive year, because they have done nothing to prove that they are capable of a productive year.

The key word in your post is appear.

My main point was not that these receivers are not capable of being good, but that this is a piece of shit article. "Sidney had a bad day." should be the title, and I don't see how you can draw much positives from that article, unless of course, you were born last night. ;D
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V" wrote:
    My main point was not that these receivers are not capable of being good, but that this is a piece of pooh article. "Sidney had a bad day." should be the title, and I don't see how you can draw much positives from that article, unless of course, you were born last night. ;D
    I disagree.
    Would rather have a rookie come out, have a bad day, and then play the blame game and attribute his mistakes to the situation instead of himself?
    Or would you rather have a rookie come out and have a bad day, and take credit his mistakes and work on correcting them.

The point about the article wasn't about the bad day that Rice had.
    It was about the way he handled it.
    And I think that is a very positive thing.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

Some heck.

;D

We've been over this again and again. Like I've said before, repstect, and trust, is earned. I'm not going to think they will have a productive year, because they have done nothing to prove that they are capable of a productive year.

The key word in your post is appear.

My main point was not that these receivers are not capable of being good, but that this is a piece of pooh article. "Sidney had a bad day." should be the title, and I don't see how you can draw much positives from that article, unless of course, you were born last night. ;D
    You and I will probably keep going over and over on this.

;D
    Still fun to talk football my friend.

Please go back and read my original post.....

Thanks Singer.

I like Rice.
    At least he is practicing and isn't having his knee scoped.

Second jewel is another great nugget on Wade.

Acting like the Vet leader everyone is clamiring for who isn't retire for the retirement home.

I still contend this group of WR will grow into something special and it won't take years to happen either as some prognosticator s prognosticate.
    Only positive thing I said about Rice was a comment that was more of a barb for the crotch sniffers on here that wanted us to draft someone else, who by the way, is having his knee scoped.

I then went on to praise Wade as well as mention that I thought this group would be special in time.

You my friend went down the the other tangent.....

Wow, our new WR has a bad day at camp, but some think this group or WR will be special this year
    ..... that stimulated this conversation about the talent level of the WR corp in total and not just a single guy.
    Nothing wrong with going down tangents as that is what this page is good for.

With ref to your opinion about trust, respect and earning it before you will think highly of them I see your point.
    Again, as I've pointed out to you before, I am a optimist and always choose to look on the bright side of things until proven otherwise.
    ;D

That is were we differ.
    In the end its all good my friend.
    ;D

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    I disagree.
    Would rather have a rookie come out, have a bad day, and then play the blame game and attribute his mistakes to the situation instead of himself?
    Or would you rather have a rookie come out and have a bad day, and take credit his mistakes and work on correcting them.

The point about the article wasn't about the bad day that Rice had.
    It was about the way he handled it.
    And I think that is a very positive thing.
    This is why I like you Nodak. You are probably the most intelligent optimist on this board.
    That being said, I would still rather have Sidney come out, and have a good day.

I like that he has a good attitude, but having a good attitude gets you nowhere if you don't have the skills. I will say though, that if you do have great skills, having a good attitude is what makes you a special player.
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast