mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

suplementary draft?

wat all dis i hear about a nfl suplementary draft? ive never herd of it before and have no idea wat its about or anything? so if you could shed some light on it id be much abliged
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: suplementary draft?

Your question: suplementary draft?

My answer: Yes there is one.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

thats all fine and dandy but i need more info. more importantly what the
    fu(k is it?
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"mr.woo" wrote:
    fu(k is it?
    Here is a pretty nifty site I just recently discovered, don't tell anyone else though:

www.google.com

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

[size=18px]Supplemental Draft[/size]

In late summer, the NFL also holds a Supplemental Draft to accommodate players who did not enter the regular draft because they thought they still had academic eligibility to play college football. The supplemental draft maintains the same team order from the regular draft, with the team with the worst record in the previous season picking first. However, in the supplemental draft, a team is not required to use any picks. Instead, if a team wants a player in the supplemental draft, they submit a "bid" to the Commissioner with the round they would pick that player. If no other team places a bid on that player at an earlier spot, the team is awarded the player and has to give up an equivalent pick in the following year's draft. (For example, RB Tony Hollings was taken by the Houston Texans in the second round of the Supplemental Draft in 2003. Thus in the 2004 NFL Draft, the Texans forfeited a second-round pick).

The 1985 Supplemental Draft was particularly controversial. Bernie Kosar of the University of Miami earned his academic degree a year early but did not enter the regular draft that year. Rather than finish his eligibility at Miami, he entered into talks with his hometown Cleveland Browns, who advised him to delay his professional eligibility until after the regular draft. They then traded for the right to choose first in the Supplemental Draft. This angered many clubs, notably the Minnesota Vikings and New York Giants, who had expressed interest in choosing him in that season's regular draft. Many of today's Supplemental Draft rules aim at preventing a reoccurrence of this incident.

As of 2006, players who enter the Supplemental Draft usually are graded as players who should be drafted at a later round, or who have college eligibility problems (poor academic or discipline issues). Only 32 players have been taken in the past 26 Supplemental Drafts.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=18px]Supplemental Draft[/size]

In late summer, the NFL also holds a Supplemental Draft to accommodate players who did not enter the regular draft because they thought they still had academic eligibility to play college football. The supplemental draft maintains the same team order from the regular draft, with the team with the worst record in the previous season picking first. However, in the supplemental draft, a team is not required to use any picks. Instead, if a team wants a player in the supplemental draft, they submit a "bid" to the Commissioner with the round they would pick that player. If no other team places a bid on that player at an earlier spot, the team is awarded the player and has to give up an equivalent pick in the following year's draft. (For example, RB Tony Hollings was taken by the Houston Texans in the second round of the Supplemental Draft in 2003. Thus in the 2004 NFL Draft, the Texans forfeited a second-round pick).

The 1985 Supplemental Draft was particularly controversial. Bernie Kosar of the University of Miami earned his academic degree a year early but did not enter the regular draft that year. Rather than finish his eligibility at Miami, he entered into talks with his hometown Cleveland Browns, who advised him to delay his professional eligibility until after the regular draft. They then traded for the right to choose first in the Supplemental Draft. This angered many clubs, notably the Minnesota Vikings and New York Giants, who had expressed interest in choosing him in that season's regular draft. Many of today's Supplemental Draft rules aim at preventing a reoccurrence of this incident.

As of 2006, players who enter the Supplemental Draft usually are graded as players who should be drafted at a later round, or who have college eligibility problems (poor academic or discipline issues). Only 32 players have been taken in the past 26 Supplemental Drafts.
    The Vikes were mad, but it worked out in the long run because we took Chris Doleman in the 1985 draft! I thought Kosar was a good QB but I have never thought of him as a great QB, and Chris Doleman was a great DE. Tho we tried to move Doleman to a LB and that failed miserably, he was not looking good until the Vikes moved him back to a DE and then he shined!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

never heard of it before!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    fu(k is it?
    Here is a pretty nifty site I just recently discovered, don't tell anyone else though:

www.google.com
    Wow what a great site!!!

Almost as good as this one...

Thanks PPE for the sig.

Prophet Guest

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    fu(k is it?

www.google.com
    Wow what a great site!!!

Almost as good as this one...
    :lol:

Don't you hate that when people make a thread to ask a question & never come back to see if there question has been answered or reply after it has?

I just hate that.