Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Sullivan is passing his rookie initiation

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    ....Something that needs to be watched a bit more before we come to some sort of answer.
    An answer in Marr's mind does not a valid conclusion make.
    LOL, in my minuscule little realm it does my friend and it keeps me happy.
    That is what counts for me.
    ;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    LOL, I am kidding of course, however, during the Seachickens game I did watch Sullivan close and it appears he is pretty gol 'darnit good at pulling.

For some reason I haven't seen Birk doing that as much lately.
    Made me wonder if he just can't get out there quick enough so they are using the gaurds instead or if it is scheme based.

If it was scheme based I would have thought/wouldn't have expected to see Sullivan doing it.

I didn't comment on it much as I was sure it would get the crotchsniffers panties all in a bunch, however, I just can't pass it up now.
    Something that needs to be watched a bit more before we come to some sort of answer.
    maybe thats the follow on from the sports hernias that he suffered in recent years - that ansd a combination of age as well.
    Kindof what I was thinking as well my friend.
    Lets hope his workout regimen gave him a little bit of his step back if that is the case.

Truth be told, we really can't see alot of what goes on with the line based on our angles and what the camera's do during a game.
    Bastardo's keep following the ball instead of staying on the line play.

I sure wish someone (NFL.com) would post us up some coaches game tape so yutz's like me can actually see some of that stuff.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    LOL, I am kidding of course, however, during the Seachickens game I did watch Sullivan close and it appears he is pretty gol 'darnit good at pulling.

For some reason I haven't seen Birk doing that as much lately.
    Made me wonder if he just can't get out there quick enough so they are using the gaurds instead or if it is scheme based.

If it was scheme based I would have thought/wouldn't have expected to see Sullivan doing it.

I didn't comment on it much as I was sure it would get the crotchsniffers panties all in a bunch, however, I just can't pass it up now.
    Something that needs to be watched a bit more before we come to some sort of answer.
    maybe thats the follow on from the sports hernias that he suffered in recent years - that ansd a combination of age as well.
    Kindof what I was thinking as well my friend.
    Lets hope his workout regimen gave him a little bit of his step back if that is the case.

Truth be told, we really can't see alot of what goes on with the line based on our angles and what the camera's do during a game.
    Bastardo's keep following the ball instead of staying on the line play.

I sure wish someone (NFL.com) would post us up some coaches game tape so yutz's like me can actually see some of that stuff.
    would be nice if they did that some more on NFLTA instead of just looking at the skill positions all of the time. I wouldn't say you're a yutz Marr, there's many people that overlook the line play or make rash statements - at least you were looking a something many ignore
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Rookie Sullivan center of attention in Minnesota Vikings training camp[/size]

Sixth-round draft pick impresses as a backup to Birk

By Rick Alonzo
    [email protected]

Article Last Updated: 08/14/2008 05:40:03 AM CDT

MANKATO, Minn. — Center John Sullivan isn't the Vikings' highest-profile rookie. But he's one of the most successful young players in the team's training camp....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Thanks for the update my friend.

Bevell and coach Brad Childress said they're impressed with Sullivan's line calls that direct blocking assignments.
    "The center has a lot of responsibility for making the offense run smoothly. I just tried to go out there and get that done today."
    They still trying to shovel this crap down our throats.
    What the hell are they talking about?
    Centers don't make play calls or direct blocking assingments.
    The damn [s]coaches[/s] Vets on the sidelines put the players in the right places to make plays.
    ;D

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Two nights ago I rewatched some tape specifically to watch Sullivan and I must say this guys a Beast. What I didn't know about Sullivan is just how stout he is, physically he's a speciman. Then you talk about his ability to come in here as a Rookie and cleary put Mozes on the 3rd team. Sullivan is picking up the offense very quickly and making it look easy, he's a very quick study. What I really enjoyed was watching Sullivan get the leverage and use his lower body strength to dominate defenders. Once Birk is gone and Sullivan is in we are a better team. The biggest problem IMO on the OLine has been the formation of a pocket with it collapsing from the Center position, this could be due to heavy fronts but those must be handled, especailly in big games. IMO Sullivan is the peice that makes our current Oline Elite.

Matt Birk should enjoy a good season if he's not getting pushed around. I expect him to finish this season but the way Sullivan is progressing theres noway Matt Birk is here in 2009-2010 Season.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    Two nights ago I rewatched some tape specifically to watch Sullivan and I must say this guys a Beast. What I didn't know about Sullivan is just how stout he is, physically he's a speciman. Then you talk about his ability to come in here as a Rookie and cleary put Mozes on the 3rd team. Sullivan is picking up the offense very quickly and making it look easy, he's a very quick study. What I really enjoyed was watching Sullivan get the leverage and use his lower body strength to dominate defenders. Once Birk is gone and Sullivan is in we are a better team. The biggest problem IMO on the OLine has been the formation of a pocket with it collapsing from the Center position, this could be due to heavy fronts but those must be handled, especailly in big games. IMO Sullivan is the peice that makes our current Oline Elite.

Matt Birk should enjoy a good season if he's not getting pushed around. I expect him to finish this season but the way Sullivan is progressing theres noway Matt Birk is here in 2009-2010 Season.
    There is no way that the center position has been more of a problem than the Tackles. That is just plain wrong.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

There is no way that the center position has been more of a problem than the Tackles. That is just plain wrong.
    I think that overall the Offensive Line has played inconsistent while being a bit overatted. We do though at times show glimpses of dominating opponents. Last year Cook and Herrera completed there first whole season while the others got another year. We lost wind at seasons end no matter what Peterson says but It is nice to have a guy that Humble and Talented. There were several times in the run game it was over before it even started, pressure from the middle. In big games we had miscommunication and allowed MLB's a straight path the QB. Overall there are inconsistencies throughout the entire 5 with the Center being the Captain. Right now I'm really liking McKinnie, Hutchison, Sullivan, Herrera, and Cook.

At the moment I'm comfortable with McKinnie and Cook at Tackle so naturaly the position I'm looking to upgrade is Center. Cook is still young and developing while some believe McKinnie could be peaking. I think John Sullivan brings some real strength to the middle of the OLine. I think its important to take into consideration how well he's handling things so early. Next year he should be ready playbook wise but I wouldn't mind some early experience as he's surrounded by some great players.

In past times I've felt LT and C were weak spots based on LT struggles and whats already been discussed. Based on what I've heard I think McKinnie will have his best season and liked what he did last year for exept the club scenes. Birk did not flash last year but did have some solid performances, overall he looked winded at times and failed to hold his own. Several will disagree but its only natural.

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Birk's career is starting to wind down and I'm sure he will take the time to mentor Sullivan just as Christy passed on his knowledge to Birk.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

When I first saw this thread I thought it was about J.T. O'Sullivan........I'm not sure what i felt the need to tell you guys that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast