Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stephen Davis?

Guruzen is offline Starter

Stephen Davis?

The Vikes have always lacked a goal line runner who can bull his way into short yardage situations and Stephen Davis is the ultimate short yardage guy second to Jerome Bettis. He would be a huge boost to our short yardage plays.

He's old (32), doesn't have much left and he knows it so his asking price will be reasonable.

I think our RB's are deep enough to get the job done and adding a goal line runner would make them quite a force.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Stephen Davis?

ONLY if he is healthy, comes cheap, and is willing to play in a limited role as a goal line back...otherwise, he doesn't really fit into a WCO.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

You know what I hate.........posts with a players name and a ? and stupid reasons why we sould sign them.......we don't need every free agent in the league.....

Guruzen is offline Starter

"gdavikes84" wrote:
    You know what I hate.........posts with a players name and a ? and stupid reasons why we sould sign them.......we don't need every free agent in the league.....
    You know what I hate? Dumba$$ trolls who refute people's posts without any reasoning. Stephen Davis in a goal line role is money and was successful in Carolina. We've needed a goal line runner so this makes sense.

Judging by your Randy Moss sig, you must be some lame bandwagon fan still living in the past...

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Ciatric Fason will be fine in this role and more.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Guruzen" wrote:
    "gdavikes84" wrote:
    You know what I hate? Dumba$$ trolls who refute people's posts without any reasoning. Stephen Davis in a goal line role is money and was successful in Carolina. We've needed a goal line runner so this makes sense.

Judging by your Randy Moss sig, you must be some lame bandwagon fan still living in the past...
    No fighting chilluns!

I don't get mad with all of the free agent speculation around here. Sure, maybe it would get annoying if it went on for months (AKA Randy Moss and C-Pep threads) but the free agent threads don't bother me. You could really make a case for every good free agent player to make an impact on the team, so I don't think it's a big deal. Speculate away!

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

I'll agree we need someone to do this. Haven't had a good one for years. But I also will admit I have no idea who would be best. I do agree experience is needed, and if it can be had cheaply until a younger player for the position can be found, go for it.
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

if it bothers you so much, gdavikes84, don't click on the damn link.
    simple as that.

ciatrick fason was horrible as a goal-line runner this year. we need a 2002 version of moe williams: a bruising back who can rip out 10 touchdowns out of his arse. stephen davis provided to be that back for carolina with deshaun as the go to guy.

we should consider him, if the price is right and the number of years are low.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

we need a running back who can do it all; it's kinda obvious what were gonna do when we put moe williams in.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

I'd keep Fason, thank you. Sure, if Davis comes cheap, let him compete; but, he doesn't look like the answer to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast