Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Stay Put, Trade Up, Trade Down

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    If it were me i would probably decide to trade all the picks for michael vick.
    ...must....be....nice....to....new....poster.....

Mike Vick is probably the most overrated player in the entire NFL.
    Setting aside his personal issues with drugs and unprotected sex with skanky women, he's a horrible leader who passing has not improved one iota during his six years in the NFL.

Passing
    Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate
    2001 Atlanta Falcons 8 2 113 50 44.2 785 6.95 52 2 3 21/113 11 4 62.7
    2002 Atlanta Falcons 15 15 421 231 54.9 2936 6.97 74 16 8 33/206 44 8 81.6
    2003 Atlanta Falcons 5 4 100 50 50.0 585 5.85 49 4 3 9/64 7 2 69.0
    2004 Atlanta Falcons 15 15 321 181 56.4 2313 7.21 62 14 12 46/266 35 8 78.1
    2005 Atlanta Falcons 15 15 387 214 55.3 2412 6.23 58 15 13 33/201 27 3 73.1
    2006 Atlanta Falcons 16 16 388 204 52.6 2474 6.38 55 20 13 45/303 30 8 75.7
    TOTAL
    74 67 1730 930 53.8 11505 6.65 74 71 52 187/1153 154 33 75.7

Vick is Atlanta's face - and their biggest problem.
    Yuck-o.

=Z=
    Welcome to the site!

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

davike is offline Team Alumni

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    Looking at the chart of pick values i don't see any way the vikes can move up to get calvin johnson.
    Moving into the late first round for a 2nd and 3rd round pick seems to make a lot of sense for a rebuilding team.

If it were me i would probably decide to trade all the picks for michael vick.
    I'm not sure if your kidding or your just a crotch sniffing maddenite. If you are kidding then you should say something to that effect, otherwise you will get jumped on all over. And if your not, please get off the madden game.....THIS IS THE REAL NFL!!!!! Otherwise your previous 2 statements make sense.

Welcome to the site.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

oh my, settle down, this is not actually the nfl, it is a website, no more or less important whether i say it here or do it in madden (in madden i would win every game).
    that is why i don't make these decisions i would want the best player possible instead of building an all around winning football team.

I haven't seen someone get so excited since i showed my wang to davike's mom.
    oh and yes i was kidding

tiersius is offline Rookie

I think it's gotta just be a draft day decision. My first thought is that it makes more sence to trade down, especially with the possibility of the likes of Quinn and/or Peterson still being around. It could be reatively easy to just slip a few spots, still get a player that we want, and pick up a 2nd or 3rd in the process.

I really don't care for moving up much though. It seemed a good idea if we could have done so while unloading some baggage (Like Smoot for instance), but I don't like getting rid of picks.

Just my 2 cents!

davike is offline Team Alumni

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    oh my, settle down, this is not actually the nfl, it is a website, no more or less important whether i say it here or do it in madden (in madden i would win every game).
    that is why i don't make these decisions i would want the best player possible instead of building an all around winning football team.

I haven't seen someone get so excited since i showed my wang to davike's mom.
    oh and yes i was kidding
    you wouldn't have a chance man, she is wayyyy out of your league. and you better watch it or my momma is going to have to kick your butt.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Sorry; I should have looked to see if there was a poll option when I created this thread.
    Chalk it up to me being a newbie, as regards the various features of this board.

I should have given my thoughts as an example.
    Several people simply copped out by saying "stay put unless X, then trade up, or if Y, then trade down for more picks....."

I say stay put.

Facts/ (opinions):
    The Vikings are rebuilding. (But there aren't many dire needs except for WR, DE {perhaps not, with EJames returning}, TE, and QB).
    There are 6 or 7 draft picks, (so that should suffice to find 1 or 2 WRs, a TE, a DE, and a QB).

My logic is:
    1. fewer needs than some people think, so no need to trade down to add picks.
    2. still have 4 or 5 key needs; WR, TE, QB, RG... so can't trade up and lose picks.

Thank you for your participation!

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

trade down only if quinn is on the board and someone wants him. otherwise, take landry at #7.
    trading up is hardly ever worth it as the price is always too high. look at the rivers for manning trade. chargers won that deal big time.
    We're bringing purple back.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"gregair13" wrote:
    trade down only if quinn is on the board and someone wants him. otherwise, take landry at #7.
    trading up is hardly ever worth it as the price is always too high. look at the rivers for manning trade. chargers won that deal big time.
    That's exactly the point. Even if you get a good player, you still lose out on a lot of picks, and thereby other potential starters.

Wether you have faith in your scouts' player evaluation or not, you'd believe that it is better to get 2-3 players in the first couple of rounds, than betting the bank on one prospect.

Even if that player is a stud, he could blow out his knee, or get a brick in the head walking down the street.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"cogitans" wrote:
    ...Even if that player is a stud, he could blow out his knee, or get a brick in the head walking down the street.
    The brick in the head walking down the street has ended many an NFL players career.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    ...Even if that player is a stud, he could blow out his knee, or get a brick in the head walking down the street.
    The brick in the head walking down the street has ended many an NFL players career.
    I won't even start counting, it should be obvious to everyone.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast