Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39
  1. #11
    Del Rio is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    881

    Re: Stay Put, Trade Up, Trade Down

    Facts and Logic?

    That's like asking asking what is better Strawberry ice creme or Chocolate ice creme and please proove why you are right.

    If I thought we were one player away from being great I would say trade up, I think there are a lot of areas we can improve on or are thin at so this season I would hope we get as many picks as possible.

    What they do with them I do not care, its Chilly's system let him choose because if he doesn't improve this season I see little hope in his future here.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

    My posts are worth 6 of yours.

  2. #12
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Stay Put, Trade Up, Trade Down

    "Del" wrote:
    Facts and Logic?

    That's like asking asking what is better Strawberry ice creme or Chocolate ice creme and please proove why you are right.

    If I thought we were one player away from being great I would say trade up, I think there are a lot of areas we can improve on or are thin at so this season I would hope we get as many picks as possible.

    What they do with them I do not care, its Chilly's system let him choose because if he doesn't improve this season I see little hope in his future here.
    And at the end of next season we're going to fight about how much improvement is deemed necessary to have hope in his future here.

    Much of it of course will depend on the actually play on the field, and how the games are lost/won. Even if many will probably disregard that aspect of a debate and solely focus on final record, or individual performances.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  3. #13
    2beersTommy's Avatar
    2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,763

    Re: Stay Put, Trade Up, Trade Down

    "Del" wrote:
    Facts and Logic?

    That's like asking asking what is better Strawberry ice creme or Chocolate ice creme and please proove why you are right.

    Thats right..its like asking to spell the word "straw" in strawberry..now spell the word "choc" in chocolate..now spell the word "fuck" in hope..I think you get the idea
    :P

  4. #14
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Stay Put, Trade Up, Trade Down

    "Purplexing" wrote:
    OK, please state your opinion on the best draft strategy, whether it be:
    A. staying put at the draft slot allocated by the rules,
    B. trading up by giving up other picks or players, or
    C. trading down to acquire other picks or players.

    State your opinion.

    Support your opinion with facts or logic.
    Be Clear.
    Be Brief.
    Be Polite..... or be only a lurker.
    My opinion:
    this should be a poll.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #15
    davike's Avatar
    davike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,750

    Re: Stay Put, Trade Up, Trade Down

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    OK, please state your opinion on the best draft strategy, whether it be:
    A. staying put at the draft slot allocated by the rules,
    B. trading up by giving up other picks or players, or
    C. trading down to acquire other picks or players.

    State your opinion.

    Support your opinion with facts or logic.
    Be Clear.
    Be Brief.
    Be Polite..... or be only a lurker.
    My opinion:
    this should be a poll.

    =Z=
    Yeah I think he got that a couple of times before, at least one other time from me. I think from your opinion, you play madden wayyy to much

    Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

  6. #16
    Del Rio is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    881

    Re: Stay Put, Trade Up, Trade Down

    "cogitans" wrote:
    "Del" wrote:
    Facts and Logic?

    That's like asking asking what is better Strawberry ice creme or Chocolate ice creme and please proove why you are right.

    If I thought we were one player away from being great I would say trade up, I think there are a lot of areas we can improve on or are thin at so this season I would hope we get as many picks as possible.

    What they do with them I do not care, its Chilly's system let him choose because if he doesn't improve this season I see little hope in his future here.
    And at the end of next season we're going to fight about how much improvement is deemed necessary to have hope in his future here.

    Much of it of course will depend on the actually play on the field, and how the games are lost/won. Even if many will probably disregard that aspect of a debate and solely focus on final record, or individual performances.
    That's true and everyone will have have their own meter for improvement.

    I expect a playoff berth even if it is a wildcard, that is just me.
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

    My posts are worth 6 of yours.

  7. #17
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Stay Put, Trade Up, Trade Down

    "davike" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    OK, please state your opinion on the best draft strategy, whether it be:
    A. staying put at the draft slot allocated by the rules,
    B. trading up by giving up other picks or players, or
    C. trading down to acquire other picks or players.

    State your opinion.

    Support your opinion with facts or logic.
    Be Clear.
    Be Brief.
    Be Polite..... or be only a lurker.
    My opinion:
    this should be a poll.

    =Z=
    Yeah I think he got that a couple of times before, at least one other time from me. I think from your opinion, you play madden wayyy to much
    As Madden on the Xbox 360 is a complete nightmare, no, I haven't played it too much.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  8. #18
    renovikesfan is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    772

    Re: Stay Put, Trade Up, Trade Down


    Personally, I don't see the Vikes staying put unless they feel certain someone they want is going to land in their laps @ #7.
    I believe they'll either trade up (only in order to try to grab CJ, though) or, and this is the MOST likely scenario, they'll trade down in order to get more picks.

  9. #19
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Stay Put, Trade Up, Trade Down

    Looking at the chart of pick values i don't see any way the vikes can move up to get calvin johnson.
    Moving into the late first round for a 2nd and 3rd round pick seems to make a lot of sense for a rebuilding team.

    If it were me i would probably decide to trade all the picks for michael vick.

  10. #20
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Stay Put, Trade Up, Trade Down

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Looking at the chart of pick values i don't see any way the vikes can move up to get calvin johnson.
    Moving into the late first round for a 2nd and 3rd round pick seems to make a lot of sense for a rebuilding team.

    If it were me i would probably decide to trade all the picks for michael vick.
    LMAO, quite the first post.
    Here is my response as I read each line:

    "Looking at the chart of pick values i don't see any way the vikes can move up to get calvin johnson."
    Wow, a newb who seems to have a head on his shoulders.
    Another Purplexing?

    "Moving into the late first round for a 2nd and 3rd round pick seems to make a lot of sense for a rebuilding team. "
    Very true.
    This guy seems to get it.

    "If it were me i would probably decide to trade all the picks for michael vick. "
    WTF! Ahhhhhh! My eyes are burning from the sheer idiocy. Ahhhhhh!
    And he had such potential as a poster too.
    :'( lol
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Should the Vikings trade up, down, or stay put with their No.17 pick?
    By mountainviking in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 03-25-2008, 01:56 PM
  2. Vikings AREN'T trying to make a trade & Trade rumors thread
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 142
    Last Post: 10-05-2007, 09:20 PM
  3. If We trade our first round pick who should we trade for?
    By vikingsfan717 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 01-11-2007, 01:58 PM
  4. MOVED: If We trade our first round pick who should we trade for?
    By ultravikingfan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2007, 06:21 PM
  5. Vikings pull only trade at trade deadline!
    By Turboe in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 139
    Last Post: 10-21-2005, 01:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •