Thread: Star Tribune

Star Tribune

Everyone could already know this but i don't live in minnesota so i have to use the Startribune.com for most of my info!!!

Wilf: Vikings evaluating every aspect of Daunte
    Vikings owner Zygi Wilf acknowledged Tuesday that the team is determining its future with quarterback Daunte Culpepper, but Wilf would not predict the likelihood that Culpepper will be traded.

Vikings owner Zygi Wilf acknowledged Tuesday that the team is determining its future with quarterback Daunte Culpepper, but Wilf would not predict the likelihood that Culpepper will be traded.
    "It's something we're working out between the organization and Daunte," Wilf said. "We're evaluating every aspect of the team, and Daunte Culpepper is a very important part."

The Vikings began gauging Culpepper's trade value last week following a series of contract-related disagreements. Baltimore and Miami are among the teams they have called; others shopping for quarterbacks include the Raiders and Jets.

The team seems destined to determine its direction by the middle of March, when Culpepper is due a $6 million roster bonus. Wilf, meanwhile, plans to attend the scouting combine in Indianapolis.

Personnel activity

The Vikings have informed at least four of their prospective free agents that they will not be re-signed: running back Michael Bennett, cornerback Ralph Brown, center Cory Withrow and quarterback Shaun Hill.

Bennett rushed for only 473 yards on 126 carries and three touchdowns after opening the season as the No. 1 running back. Bennett had 3,174 yards on 713 carries and 12 touchdowns in five seasons with the Vikings. Bennett's agent, Patrick Dye, did not return calls.

As for restricted free agent Nate Burleson, there have been no negotiations. The Vikings are expected to place a first-round qualifying offer. That salary number is expected to be around $1.553 million.

On the mend

Safety Willie Offord, set to become an unrestricted free agent, was in Birmingham, Ala., on Tuesday to undergo an examination on his left knee. Offord tore the anterior cruciate ligament in the knee against the Saints last September and had the injury repaired by Dr. James Andrews.

"He very possibly could be fully cleared -- not for contact -- but for everything else," said Offord's agent, David Canter.

Etc.

• Matt Sheldon, whom the Vikings hired Jan. 13 as a defensive assistant, was hired Tuesday as Buffalo Bills linebacker coach.

• The Vikings signed cornerback Ronyell Whitaker, who was out of football in 2005. Whitaker played four games for defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin in Tampa Bay in 2003 and was on the Bucs' practice squad in 2004.

• Vikings defensive end Kenechi Udeze continues to rehab after having season-ending microfracture surgery on his left knee last October and is expected to be ready for training camp.

• A team official said the Vikings offered former coaches secretary Kirsten Lindberg another job within the organization. She declined, ending her 28-year association with the team.

• Former coach Bud Grant has been named co-chairman of Minnesota Momentum, a group of Vikings fans and other Minnesotans who will advocate for the owner Zigi Wilf's stadium and development project in Anoka County.
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Star Tribune

Posted here:

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=19107

singersp
    PP.O News Hound
    beat you to it.

If it is a trib article, you have to be awfully fast to get it on here.

Best thing to do is check the forums that best relate to the topic before posting, Duplicate threads and all and PPO etiquette

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Goodbye to those four...we will miss them all...not really!

I hope that Willie O can come back this season and play well...we need some depth at safety, no matter what we do in FA or the draft!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

yeah, i just got home and i just saw it and i didn't see any recent links to that info so i posted it. I hope we can get someone better that Willie O, im not sure who is out there for safeties but there has to be someone better!!! LOL
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin