Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    GoVikes11 is offline Rookie

Re: Star-Trib: First Practice in the Books

Personally I can't stand any of this T Will stuff.
    I have never been one to blindly support players and I also don't just love every guy that we draft because he is a Viking.
    Players have to earn my respect but in Troy's case I was a fan of him in college and pushed for the Vikings to pick him.
    I will admit he has struggled and I can understand that some fans are frustrated with him.
    My issue here is that so many people just automatically loved him when he first came to Minny and now they have completely abandoned him.
    Then there are the other people who don't have the guts to say that he sucks so they just say I told you so whenever any negative news comes around and claim to have always supported him when he appears to be on track.
    I think he will break out this year and can't wait to see so many people eat their words but more importantly I can't wait to laugh at everyone suddenly calling themselves fans of Troy.
    I don't know where I'm going with this rant but I'll end it by saying that I can't wait to see Troy break out and that I will wear my T WILL jersey proud during my first game in Minny this year.

duvaldomo is offline Coach

I always thought Twill was going to do good, I think hes going to come out and suprise alot of people. was going to draft him on my fantsy team but got taken right before it was my turn. Twill will be good this year, well I think. we will see

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

It's about time we got to talking about TWill.

Let's put it this way:
    I thought he was going to breakout last year. If anybody said otherwise I would hold their head to the fire and derate him until submission. Well, we all know what happened. I'm not ready to have this whole argument over again. I support Twill, I never changed my sig, but man does he suck.

That doesn't mean I hate him or want him to benched. What we really all want is for him to be better. When he succeeds I'll be rejoicing, saying "I told ya so, even though I was one year off."
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

GoVikes11 is offline Rookie

I wont get into your last post too much but its fine to say he has struggled but to say he flat out sucks is false.
    He has tons of potential and talent- that should be incorporated in his evaluation.
    I guess I would say he has "sucked" to a certain extent but he has the raw talent to put away any indication that he sucks.

I think people need to keep in mind that today was the first day of two-a-days; things like jitters/excitement, rust, and concentration lapses are to be expected.

I've made it a habit not to overreact to everything negative (or positive) that I read about players in training camp.
    We've all heard the accolades/criticism in camp about a guy, then during the season, he'll do the opposite.

That being said, I'm confident that T-Will will have a nice year (he couldn't be much worse).
    Proud member of PP.O since April 5th, 2003!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Nauseating" wrote:
    I wont get into your last post too much but its fine to say he has struggled but to say he flat out sucks is false.
    He has tons of potential and talent- that should be incorporated in his evaluation.
    I guess I would say he has "sucked" to a certain extent but he has the raw talent to put away any indication that he sucks.
    Apparently you have completely forgotten the type of year Twill was supposed to have last year. Compared to what people expected and what happened, He sucked.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jessejames09" wrote:
    Since he is out 'best' receiver he'll be lining up across Winfield. I hope Troy takes the last glass of juice at breakfast and AW takes it out on him on the field.
    LOL.
    Come on, that was funny!

I was another one who really thought that TWill would have a break out year last year.
    I ate a lot of crow over that... ;D
    I actually have high hopes for him this year, but I am not going to jump on his bandwagon just yet...

What everyone else said was true though.
    It was one pass, and he recovered nicely the rest of the day.
    Everyone drops passes, so I am not worried.

To be honest, the person we should be talking about is Lowber.
    From what I have been reading he had a tough day, dropping more than a couple of passes that were right on the mark.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    Since he is out 'best' receiver he'll be lining up across Winfield. I hope Troy takes the last glass of juice at breakfast and AW takes it out on him on the field.
    LOL.
    Come on, that was funny!

I was another one who really thought that TWill would have a break out year last year.
    I ate a lot of crow over that... ;D
    I actually have high hopes for him this year, but I am not going to jump on his bandwagon just yet...

What everyone else said was true though.
    It was one pass, and he recovered nicely the rest of the day.
    Everyone drops passes, so I am not worried.

To be honest, the person we should be talking about is Lowber.
    From what I have been reading he had a tough day, dropping more than a couple of passes that were right on the mark.
    Not that I dont like lowber but Twill is expected to be our 2nd if not our first WR.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

For the 7th overall pick in the draft, Williamson is just not worth it yet.

This is going to be a huge year for him. I hope the best.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Nauseating" wrote:
    I wont get into your last post too much but its fine to say he has struggled but to say he flat out sucks is false. He has tons of potential and talent- that should be incorporated in his evaluation.
    Troy Williamson did flat out suck last year.
    He had one good catch during the Carolina game when he got hurt.
    I have high hopes for the kid, and 50% of me thinks he will pull it off this year and
    break out.
    In all reality though, he will probably show just enough improvement to make the 08' roster.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast