Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Star-Trib: First Practice in the Books

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=817

– Believe it or not, receiver Troy Williamson actually dropped the first pass thrown to him. Went right off his hands. Williamson, however, looked good for the most part as quarterback Tarvaris Jackson frequently found him during team drills.
    =Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Star-Trib: First Practice in the Books

[size=14pt]VIKINGS CONDUCT OPENING PRACTICE[/size]
    http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_objectname_72707firstpractice.html
    Here are a few observations from this morning's practice:

* Three players, Erasmus James, Bryant McKinnie and Billy McMullen didn't participate fully in practice. They executed some side work and were not in pads.

* The Vikings wore throwback helmets in honor of Chuck Foreman. The five-time Pro Bowl running back ranks second on the franchise's rushing list and will be inducted into the Vikings Ring of Honor this year. He attended practice Friday morning and addressed the media after.

* One warm-up routine that the four Vikings quarterbacks conducted was jumping rope. I'm sure this has to do with keeping their footwork and hand-eye coordination sharp.

* Aundrae Allison, Jason Carter, Mewelde Moore, Bobby Wade and Chandler Williams took turns fielding punts.

* Artis Hicks played left tackle on the first team with the absence of McKinnie. Anthony Herrera filled in with the first team at right guard.

* It was entertaining to watch the pass protection drill between running backs/tight ends and the linebackers. It appeared that the linebackers got the better of the running backs and tight ends overall, but both Jim Kleinsasser and Chester Taylor proved to be brick walls while trying to protect the quarterback.

* Receiver Cortez Hankton made two impressive diving catches in front of the fans on field one during full team drills. On both receptions, Hankton dove to the ground to catch the ball just before it fell incomplete. Both receptions sparked applause from the crowd and a comment of encouragement from Coach Childress and the rest of the Vikings coaching staff.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:

– Believe it or not, receiver Troy Williamson actually dropped the first pass thrown to him. Went right off his hands. Williamson, however, looked good for the most part as quarterback Tarvaris Jackson frequently found him during team drills.
    =Z=
    Confidence builder.
    I hope they get rid of him if he starts off the year dropping passes.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"Zeus" wrote:

=Z=
    Twill come on man! good to see he is doing good during team drills

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

I am happy I did not go now.
    I would have seen Twill drop that first pass, and I would have been an unhappy camper.
    Same old Stuff this year with Twill I would have thought.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

KFAN thinks that Greg Blue will get cut and that Will Hunter will beat him out for the last safety spot. Are they crazy?
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

duvaldomo is offline Coach

Who knows how many to go.

Some observations:

* Troy Williamson dropped a pass, but he immediately rebounded, and he actually made a very tough diving catch on Cedric Griffin during seven-on-seven drills.
    * With Sidney Rice still unsigned, fifth-round pick Aundrae Allison served as the third receiver and did a solid job.
    * Chad Greenway wasn't held back at weakside linebacker, and E.J. Henderson looked very comfortable in the middle, shutting down an inside run attempt by Chester Taylor.

* It was apparent that Bryant McKinnie wasn't out there at left tackle, and coach Brad Childress didn't provide an estimated time of return.

* Childress on Rice and Adrian Peterson missing the first practice: "Those turns are important, and there is a point where you can't make up for those. And my best advice to them would be to get their tails in camp."

Thats nice to hear

http://vikingsnow.blogspot.com/2007/07/first-practice-down.html

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Braddock" wrote:
    KFAN thinks that Greg Blue will get cut and that Will Hunter will beat him out for the last safety spot. Are they crazy?
    Who said it on KFAN? If it was PA and Dubay, I wouldn't bank on it just yet.
    I enjoy their commentary (sometimes), but don't trust them to be any more of a football expert than you or I.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Braddock" wrote:
    Who said it on KFAN? If it was PA and Dubay, I wouldn't bank on it just yet.
    I enjoy their commentary (sometimes), but don't trust them to be any more of a football expert than you or I.
    Here's the link: http://www.kfan.com/pages/vikings/camp2007/roster.html
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Json is offline GM

Believe it or not, receiver Troy Williamson actually dropped the first pass thrown to him. Went right off his hands. Williamson, however, looked good for the most part as quarterback Tarvaris Jackson frequently found him during team drills.
    WTF???
    SCREW NIKE!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast