Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Sporting news gives offseason D for "breakup of Defense"

I agree Johnstone will be missed. As far as Chavous goes, what has he done? He had one decent season only because of INTs that basically fell in his lap. Willimas had a good season last year but other than that never did anything wither. I wanted to hang on to Williams but it's not the end of the world. Johnstone was the biggest loss. Newman will also be missed for depth at LB and STs. I don't understand what the big deal ever was about Chavous. He's considered to have good knowledge of the game. The bottom line is he makes an a$$ of himself everytime he's on tv and analyzes. He was burned a lot over his career with the Vikings. He made a few nice plays and he's a solid tackler. But he's nothing special. Let the Rams overpay him. I'd rather have Tank. I did hope we would try for Archeleta.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

lol we improve our defense, and still get put down..the only weakness on D right now is nickle and dime backs..corey chavous had one nice season followed by 2 years of missed opportunities..everytime the guy had a ball deflected his way, or a pass gone off track straight to him, you could no longer rely on him to pick it off..the guy tried to play like a big hitting safety, but couldnt even hit that hard..we got a safety through FA that actually can run somebody over and wont miss any tackles..erasmus james and kenechi udeze come back healthy with another season under their belts, and they say our defense got worse? dont even listen to this crappy article
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

does this dumba$$ not realize that we got a new defensive coordinator that didnt seem to think those players we got rid of fit in our system? this guy clearly doesnt know the first thing about football if he is putting the packers ahead of us (who lost 2 more starting linemen this season, picked up an insanely inconsistent corner who is known for bickering with management and constant injuries)..we pick up the leagues best offensive lineman, and a RB to fit that system, then we get the 2nd best LB in the draft, and we get a D for our offseason? just another dumb $hit to prove wrong
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

The only 2 players that we lost on defense that hurts are Brian and Lance! Cowart was slow and hurt way to much, and Chavous was OK but not that hard to replace.

Apparently the author of this article failed to realize that we add Tank and Ben leber and that we have young players at D-End that hopefully can take care of those positions and minimize the loss of Lance Johnstone.

I think reading the 1st part of the article that the author hates the Viking's because of the way we got Hutchinson and no matter what the Vikings had done in the off season we were going to be low on his list.

Plus Julian Peterson has some question marks and has been hurt of dinged up the last 2 years, he is not a sure thing and a lot of people think that Seattle over payed for him.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

A "D"??? Man, that's HARSH!!! Or it probably shows that those guys are IDIOTS!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

How the hell all three teams had better off seasons according to him is beyond me, I mean damn, farve came back, shouldn't that give the pack an f just for that???

Thanks PurpleMafia

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"cajunvike" wrote:
    A "D"??? Man, that's HARSH!!! Or it probably shows that those guys are IDIOTS!!!
    :scratch: I wonder if he was grading "on a curve"?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234