Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Spielman, Vikings prepare for combine

Spielman, Vikings prepare for combine

Anyone who believes anything out of the FO pukes and Coaching staff mouths right now should be considered crazy unless of course if he says something along this nature......

Our coaches didn’t go to the Senior Bowl but our scouts and myself got down to the Senior Bowl and interviewed every player down at the Senior Bowl this year so we have …
    Then you would know what role the coaches really have at this time of the year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re:Spielman, Vikings prepare for combine

Spielman and his staff are still in the process of breaking down the entire prospect pool, but he thinks it will be a deep draft. He mentioned offensive line, cornerbacks and defensive line specifically.
    Spielman and staff.......does that mean the Chiller and his coaches are considered part of his staff or does it mean the coaches aren't involved in this process (yet)?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Spielman said the organization will send about 60 representatives to the combine. The contingent includes coaches, scouts, executives, medical personnel and two officials who handle psychological testing.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

The coaches have a huge role, not only the position coaches that actually attend, but the big dogs like Childress. The scouts, Spielman, executive, medical personnel, etc. are just glorified secretaries that gather up the pertinent data so the coaching staff can help disect what players would be a best fit. Mere technicians that get the data in order so it can be analyzed.

...As far as the psychological testing, Spielman said the team actually added a second person in that capacity this year. He called those tests a “tool” in their evaluation process...
    I wonder if the Ray Edwards and Bryant McKinnies of the world warranted the hiring of another shrink.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Spielman said. “You can have a guy with great physical ability but if he doesn’t have the heart or the want-to or the passion, then sometimes those guys aren’t successful.
    Anyone think this was a jab at McK?
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

BleedinPandG wrote:
    Spielman said. “You can have a guy with great physical ability but if he doesn’t have the heart or the want-to or the passion, then sometimes those guys aren’t successful.
    Anyone think this was a jab at McK?
    I'll go with a yes, but, that is such a generic statement. It does hold true though in any profession.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Interesting read, thanks Marr. I bet you'd like to see Rick's spreadsheets, huh?
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

at this point in the program.. there is a lot more then just what the coaches want/ask/demand..

spielman and crew need to gather data, mine that data, and refine out a list of potentials, could be's, and.. those that might be fodder..

that's when the bigwig coaches join the table and begin to work out the pathway.. not in a .. him/not him but more in a .. ok.. our needs, or wants.. and what's the list giving us.

i've always agreed that it's not the chiller show.. but, it's also not just the spielman show.. each part of the wheel has a spoke thats doing it's job.. and in the end.. that wheel has produced for us in the last few years..

here's to another successful offseason!

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

VikingMike wrote:
    Interesting read, thanks Marr. I bet you'd like to see Rick's spreadsheets, huh?
    I would. This time of the year absolutely fascinates me.