Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Spielman: Vikings already have narrowed the draft field

"marstc09" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=UffDaVikes link=topic=50530.msg908268#msg908268 date=1234720543]

Fine tuned? More like a complete overhaul to play this offense.
    I don't think they missed the mark on either........

a.
    Like it or not, Cook has done well in the ZB scheme (run game).
    He still needs some work at Pass Protection, again, especially against the edge rushers, but typically all T's get help out there against those cats.

b.
    TJ was a project.
    To bad he hasn't had time to be that project instead of being thrown to the wolves and forced to learn to play a complex position in front of some unforgiving fans eyes.

:
    So you are OK with a player that does OK in half of his responsibilities but sucks at the other half? I suppose in the military if a soldier is really good at sneaking up on the enemy but can't shoot worth a crap he is still worth having on the team ???

You are pretty much the only person on the planet who I have heard that thinks we should keep Cook( Well, the rest of the division thinks we should )

As far as Jackson- you don't trade picks and move up in the second for a 4 year QB project. You use a 4th through a 6th for that.
    And you don't go into their second AND third
    seasons proclaiming they are ready and they are the starter without bringing in a competent backup that can challenge them and do the job if the project isn't ready. ;D
    Probably, however, to date, I don't see anyone in the FO fixing our RT position.
    Maybe, just maybe, the perception he sucks is only a perception egged on by yutz sports hacks and fans who don't know much more than those hacks.......... :
    ROTFLMFAO! I am so saving this quote.
    :
    I knew this would come in handy.
    [/quote]
    LOL, I hear ya my friend.
    Point out my posts all you want.
    Problem is, at that point and time, what had they done to show any intent to upgrade the position?

Again, I blame the FO for that not a player who is out there playing his ass off.

By the way, I am still not sure they fixed the position.
    IMHO the only way they could have done that is to bring in a vet who is familiar with the ZB scheme. Drafting a kid who struggles with speedier edge rushers and has a pat history of alot of penalties isn't really a upgrade to young Mr. Cook.

I hope to shit I am wrong cause either he or Cook will be at RT this year.
    One will definately have to play better than he has his whole life.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=50530.msg908273#msg908273 date=1234721764]

a.
    He still needs some work at Pass Protection, again, especially against the edge rushers, but typically all T's get help out there against those cats.

b.
    TJ was a project.
    To bad he hasn't had time to be that project instead of being thrown to the wolves and forced to learn to play a complex position in front of some unforgiving fans eyes.

:
    So you are OK with a player that does OK in half of his responsibilities but sucks at the other half? I suppose in the military if a soldier is really good at sneaking up on the enemy but can't shoot worth a crap he is still worth having on the team ???

You are pretty much the only person on the planet who I have heard that thinks we should keep Cook( Well, the rest of the division thinks we should )

As far as Jackson- you don't trade picks and move up in the second for a 4 year QB project. You use a 4th through a 6th for that.
    seasons proclaiming they are ready and they are the starter without bringing in a competent backup that can challenge them and do the job if the project isn't ready. ;D
    Probably, however, to date, I don't see anyone in the FO fixing our RT position.
    Maybe, just maybe, the perception he sucks is only a perception egged on by yutz sports hacks and fans who don't know much more than those hacks.......... :
    :
    [/quote]
    LOL, I hear ya my friend.
    Problem is, at that point and time, what had they done to show any intent to upgrade the position?

Again, I blame the FO for that not a player who is out there playing his ass off.

IMHO the only way they could have done that is to bring in a vet who is familiar with the ZB scheme. Drafting a kid who struggles with speedier edge rushers and has a pat history of alot of penalties isn't really a upgrade to young Mr. Cook.

I hope to shit I am wrong cause either he or Cook will be at RT this year.

:

[/quote]

I still have Cook starting next year.

I don't question whether Loadholt will be good. I question whether he'll be good right away.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=UffDaVikes link=topic=50530.msg908307#msg908307 date=1234726922]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=50530.msg908273#msg908273 date=1234721764]

a.

b.
    TJ was a project.

:

:
    [/quote]
    LOL, I hear ya My Sexy Little Pixie.

Again, I blame the FO for that not a player who is out there playing his jiggly butt off.

I hope to pooh I am wrong cause either he or Cook will be at RT this year.

:

[/quote]

I still have Cook starting next year.

I don't question whether Loadholt will be good. I question whether he'll be good right away.
    [/quote]
    Something we agree on.
    Long story short, I am hoping he is a quick learner and there are some indications of that.

He had erased most of his penalty woes from last year to this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789