Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Spielman: Vikings already have narrowed the draft field

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    ....There are posters on here who believe he is the only one involved.......Heck go back a couple of pages and you will see a prime example of it..... ;D
    There are also posters on here that underplay the role of the HC.
    You are correct.
    We, as a group, should flog those cats...... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Excellent read my friend.
    Thanks....

"It comes down from ownership, and comes down from Brad, and what type of players he wants in the locker room. And that's my job, to make sure I understand what type of people we want on this football team," Spielman said. "There's always going to be issues here and there that crop up. But we do our due diligence."
    Couldn't have described the process better myself........ ;D

The Vikings go to great lengths to help discern which players with red flags are worth pursuing. For instance, at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., last month, the Vikings interviewed every player there. Coaches and scouts will also conduct scores of interviews at the NFL combine next week in Indianapolis.
    Seems someone said this a couple of times in his limited time online of late....... ;D

So far, Spielman and his scouts have done a preliminary evaluation of the draftable players, pooling them into categories based on their potential (elite player, potential starter, special teams player, etc.). Assistant coaches will begin to jump into the process at the combine and thereafter.

Spielman, though, is sparing the coaches some of the players "because I know we're not going to waste our time" with them.
    Hmmmmm, let me get this straight, .......

First.....the scouts scrub/review all the players for guys that will meet the coaching staffs requirments.....

Second....They then get the coaches involved in looking at those cats........

Hmmmmm, seems that isn't in line with what alot of posters think on here.
    Most contend that the HC and his coaches find the players and then draft them......

Wonder who is wrong here, Mr. Spielman or our posters...... :
    Give it up already.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Marr can u really say that people here think Brad Chilldress is the only one involved? Many like to blame him mostly because he relays who he wants and usually it isn't who people here would like

But I have never seen a poster on here think Chilly does all the work with coaching and scouting and drafting and signings

Pretty sure 98 percent of the people know there is a triangle here

"V4L" wrote:
    Marr can u really say that people here think Brad Chilldress is the only one involved? Many like to blame him mostly because he relays who he wants and usually it isn't who people here would like

But I have never seen a poster on here think Chilly does all the work with coaching and scouting and drafting and signings

LOL, 98 percent is pretty high if you ask me.

Truth be told, if more people believed the way you think, we would have had some very interesting discussions about how Spielman and his scouts have approached the upcoming draft.

Instead we talk about how Childress has tied his horse to TJ cause he and he alone was the one Childress wanted in the draft.

Again, there are some pretty knowledgable posters on this site that know how a FO works, however, 98 percent?
    Really?
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Truth be told, if more people believed the way you think, we would have had some very interesting discussions about how Spielman and his scouts have approached the upcoming draft.

Instead we talk about how Childress has tied his horse to TJ cause he and he alone was the one Childress wanted in the draft.

Again, there are some pretty knowledgable posters on this site that know how a FO works, however, 98 percent?
    Really?

;D
    How they approach the upcoming draft? They scout players that fill positions we may need come the draft. Then they try to pick good players on draft day.

And there has been a lot of discussion about how we will approach the draft, like discussion about positions or players we may be looking at.

Also I think V4L is right, if anyone thinks Childress runs this operation by himself they don't read pp.o, or they have you on 'ignore.'

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Really?

;D
    How they approach the upcoming draft? They scout players that fill positions we may need come the draft. Then they try to pick good players on draft day.

And there has been a lot of discussion about how we will approach the draft, like discussion about positions or players we may be looking at.

Also I think V4L is right, if anyone thinks Childress runs this operation by himself they don't read pp.o, or they have you on 'ignore.'
    So then it is 100%. Marrdro has 0 people ignoring him and everyone reads PPO!

"marstc09" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Really?

;D

So then it is 100%. Marrdro has 0 people ignoring him and everyone reads PPO!
    You two just brightened what appeared to be a gloomy day in the ole comm closet.... ;D

V4L

Haha it's true though Marr!

People blame Chilldress because he lets them know what he wants on the team or doesn't

Sometimes when Chilldress says he isn't targeting someone it makes people angry

"V4L" wrote:

People blame Chilldress because he lets them know what he wants on the team or doesn't

So you think that coming into this draft that the Chiller has told Ricky boy that he wants player X, Y and Z?

I think it is much broader than that.

I think that Rick, the Chiller and the Scouts have probably 3-5 players they want to target in each round based on the value board (how the staff ranks the players based on team needs, the players skillset etc) and how they anticipate the draft to go (believe it or not, they do mock drafts to
    ;D) and will move about the board to get one of those cats.

I do not believe however, that they go into each round/draft saying they want player X, Y and Z though.

V4L

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

So you think that coming into this draft that the Chiller has told Ricky boy that he wants player X, Y and Z?

I think it is much broader than that.

I think that Rick, the Chiller and the Scouts have probably 3-5 players they want to target in each round based on the value board (how the staff ranks the players based on team needs, the players skillset etc) and how they anticipate the draft to go (believe it or not, they do mock drafts to
    ;D) and will move about the board to get one of those cats.

I do not believe however, that they go into each round/draft saying they want player X, Y and Z though.

Yah exactly.. Im a firm believer that every team puts together a draft board

I've seen coaches sit in on the draft board meetings

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast