Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Spielman: Vikings already have narrowed the draft field

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    So far McKinnie has impressed me with his on the field actions and off the field behavoir since his arrest. I think McKinnie understands his situation and understands that he can't continue to make mistakes. Usually at about age 28 Adults start to take life a little more serious and I hope thats what McKinnie is doing. He just finished his best season as a pro, so I like his direction and nobody was more down on him last offseasn than me. Jared Allen is a great guy, I think the Alchohol problem was something that he corrected, I don't fault him for doing what he did cause I know how he's conditioned. His rise to stardum and living the fast life off the field got him in trouble, but he's bright guy who has been very sincere and like McKinnie has had his best days after he was punished.
    I certainly hope so, I would hate to see him get in more trouble.
    I think one thing nobody can denie is that the players Childress brought in have been quality people, and for the most part he's put a stop to these types of incidents.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Å*nowbowler" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    So far McKinnie has impressed me with his on the field actions and off the field behavoir since his arrest. I think McKinnie understands his situation and understands that he can't continue to make mistakes. Usually at about age 28 Adults start to take life a little more serious and I hope thats what McKinnie is doing. He just finished his best season as a pro, so I like his direction and nobody was more down on him last offseasn than me. Jared Allen is a great guy, I think the Alchohol problem was something that he corrected, I don't fault him for doing what he did cause I know how he's conditioned. His rise to stardum and living the fast life off the field got him in trouble, but he's bright guy who has been very sincere and like McKinnie has had his best days after he was punished.
    I certainly hope so, I would hate to see him get in more trouble.
    I think one thing nobody can denie is that the players Childress brought in have been quality people, and for the most part he's put a stop to these types of incidents.
    childress brought in dwight smith lol... :P

i know, there's always one... but your right, chilly seems to be targeting quality people, not necessarily players.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    I bet they pass on the next Randy Moss.
    That alright, Randy Moss never won a SuperBowl, or ever helped a team win one. It happens every year without him and without Terrell Owens.
    Yes, it's better to have an inept player that has character and fits within an inept scheme than to have one of the greatest WR's to play the game. I guess you win that one.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    I bet they pass on the next Randy Moss.
    That alright, Randy Moss never won a SuperBowl, or ever helped a team win one. It happens every year without him and without Terrell Owens.
    Yes, it's better to have an inept player that has character and fits within an inept scheme than to have one of the greatest WR's to play the game. I guess you win that one.

First of all he didn's specify who the next Moss or Owens were, or what kinda caracter issue's they might have so getting bent by specualtion is a little premature. There are plenty of quality kids out there to chose from. ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Excellent read my friend.
    Thanks....

"It comes down from ownership, and comes down from Brad, and what type of players he wants in the locker room. And that's my job, to make sure I understand what type of people we want on this football team," Spielman said. "There's always going to be issues here and there that crop up. But we do our due diligence."
    Couldn't have described the process better myself........ ;D

The Vikings go to great lengths to help discern which players with red flags are worth pursuing. For instance, at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., last month, the Vikings interviewed every player there. Coaches and scouts will also conduct scores of interviews at the NFL combine next week in Indianapolis.
    Seems someone said this a couple of times in his limited time online of late....... ;D

So far, Spielman and his scouts have done a preliminary evaluation of the draftable players, pooling them into categories based on their potential (elite player, potential starter, special teams player, etc.). Assistant coaches will begin to jump into the process at the combine and thereafter.

Spielman, though, is sparing the coaches some of the players "because I know we're not going to waste our time" with them.
    Hmmmmm, let me get this straight, .......

First.....the scouts scrub/review all the players for guys that will meet the coaching staffs requirments.....

Second....They then get the coaches involved in looking at those cats........

Hmmmmm, seems that isn't in line with what alot of posters think on here.
    Most contend that the HC and his coaches find the players and then draft them......

Wonder who is wrong here, Mr. Spielman or our posters...... :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

haha get em Marr.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Wow, it's heart warming that the Vikings are the only team in the NFL that has narrowed the draft field.
    I thought only the mockers were doing that.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Excellent read My Sexy Little Pixie.
    Thanks....

"It comes down from ownership, and comes down from Brad, and what type of players he wants in the locker room. And that's my job, to make sure I understand what type of people we want on this football team," Spielman said. "There's always going to be issues here and there that crop up. But we do our due diligence."
    Couldn't have described the process better myself........ ;D

The Vikings go to great lengths to help discern which players with red flags are worth pursuing. For instance, at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., last month, the Vikings interviewed every player there. Coaches and scouts will also conduct scores of interviews at the NFL combine next week in Indianapolis.
    Seems someone said this a couple of times in his limited time online of late....... ;D

So far, Spielman and his scouts have done a preliminary evaluation of the draftable players, pooling them into categories based on their potential (elite player, potential starter, special teams player, etc.). Assistant coaches will begin to jump into the process at the combine and thereafter.

Spielman, though, is sparing the coaches some of the players "because I know we're not going to waste our time" with them.
    Hmmmmm, let me get this straight, .......

First.....the scouts scrub/review all the players for guys that will meet the coaching staffs requirments.....

Second....They then get the coaches involved in looking at those cats........

Hmmmmm, seems that isn't in line with what alot of posters think on here.
    Most contend that the HC and his coaches find the players and then draft them......

Wonder who is wrong here, Mr. Spielman or our posters...... :
    But you glossed over this line - "Assistant coaches will begin to jump into the process at the combine and thereafter."

And this line - "It comes down from ownership, and comes down from Brad, and what type of players he wants in the locker room. And that's my job, to make sure I understand what type of people we want on this football team,"

To say that the coaching staff doesn't play a large part in the process is silly Mar.
    You have been on this crusade for quite some time now my friend.
    Nobody is saying that Childress is the only one involved in teh process.
    But many of us are saying that he is one of the biggest factors in the decision making process.
    For instance, I believe that Childress is one of the only reasons that TJack is where he is right now.
    You can maintain that the "Front Office" is responsible, but we have to be aware of the fact that the coach's opinion of the starting QB is a pretty damn big determining factor.

Like I said once before - at my work I don't make the final decisions on things like personnel, equipment, conferences, etc.
    But as one of the senior people in my area, you can be damn sure that if I advocate for someone or something, we get it.
    Just because I don't sign the final paperwork doesn't mean that my role in the decision making process is insignificant.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    But you glossed over this line - "Assistant coaches will begin to jump into the process at the combine and thereafter."

And this line - "It comes down from ownership, and comes down from Brad, and what type of players he wants in the locker room. And that's my job, to make sure I understand what type of people we want on this football team,"
    But I didn't gloss over it my friend.
    Key word(s) in that sentence is/are "Will Begin"......

My point on this has always been that the coaching staff doesn't spend countless hours reviewing tape on players during the season.
    That is the scouting staffs job (under Spielman by the way).
    They (the coaches) only get involved now......

To say that the coaching staff doesn't play a large part in the process is silly Mar.
    You have been on this crusade for quite some time now My Sexy Little Pixie.
    But many of us are saying that he is one of the biggest factors in the decision making process.
    For instance, I believe that Childress is one of the only reasons that TJack is where he is right now.
    You can maintain that the "Front Office" is responsible, but we have to be aware of the fact that the coach's opinion of the starting QB is a pretty gol 'darnit big determining factor.
    Why do you think the Chiller is the prime reason?

Did he scout each and every QB coming out in that draft or did he review tape on a select few QB's that the scouts gave him to look at before he "Agreed" that Player X, Y and Z would fit?

Like I said once before - at my work I don't make the final decisions on things like personnel, equipment, conferences, etc.
    But as one of the senior people in my area, you can be gol 'darnit sure that if I advocate for someone or something, we get it.
    Just because I don't sign the final paperwork doesn't mean that my role in the decision making process is insignificant.
    So do you rely on people to narrow that field of equipment down or do you review all of them yourself?

Again, I have never said the Chiller doesn't have a role in this.
    I am only pointing out that he isn't the only one doing it.
    Because........

There are posters on here who believe he is the only one involved.......Heck go back a couple of pages and you will see a prime example of it..... ;D

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    ....There are posters on here who believe he is the only one involved.......Heck go back a couple of pages and you will see a prime example of it..... ;D
    There are also posters on here that underplay the role of the HC.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast