C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re:Spielman Talks About Vikings Free Agents

Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    ThorSPL wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Vikings' Hicks likely to test market

I readily admit that I disliked this guy when they first brought him over, but over time (especially last year), he has won me over.

Sure hope he winds up staying......

On a side note....
    Meanwhile, the Vikings also have met with the agent for cornerback Benny Sapp. Sapp got some valuable playing time last season in place of the injured Antoine Winfield and will be an unrestricted free agent as of 11:01 p.m. (central) next Thursday. Agent Andy Simms also represents VIkings' fullback Naufahu Tahi as well as Sapp. Tahi will be a restricted free agent.

"There is interest in bringing both back but certainly there are details that need to be worked out if that's going to happen," Simms said. "It was our first meeting and we've agreed to continuing talking."
    Personally, I hope Sapp stays. I think he is one of our better corners, at least as good as Griffin.
    Really??? Are you kidding me?

He's a gambler; he will make a few big plays but also got burned more than a few times. Don't get me wrong, he played well and has some swagger about him, but I was surprised you put him on Cedric's level.
    Eh... I think Griffin is overrated. He started playing on-par football, suddenly everyone's annointed him the second coming of Antoine Winfield. Pretty sure he gave up more passes than anyone on our team last year (remember reading that... but can't seem to find an article now).

The guy is overrated in my opinion.
    We are only seeing the beginnings of what appears to be a damn good career out there at CB.

Overated? Mabye a little, but given time I don't think you will have the same opinion.
    I sure hope so, our secondary is the weakest part of our team (with our OL in close second).
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

C Mac D wrote:
    I sure hope so, our secondary is the weakest part of our team (with our OL in close second).
    Besides the coaching, you mean.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Zeus wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Besides the coaching, you mean.

=Z=
    lol... touche.

Although, Childress is nothing more than a nameplate on an office.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    ThorSPL wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Vikings' Hicks likely to test market

I readily admit that I disliked this guy when they first brought him over, but over time (especially last year), he has won me over.

Sure hope he winds up staying......

On a side note....
    Meanwhile, the Vikings also have met with the agent for cornerback Benny Sapp. Sapp got some valuable playing time last season in place of the injured Antoine Winfield and will be an unrestricted free agent as of 11:01 p.m. (central) next Thursday. Agent Andy Simms also represents VIkings' fullback Naufahu Tahi as well as Sapp. Tahi will be a restricted free agent.

"There is interest in bringing both back but certainly there are details that need to be worked out if that's going to happen," Simms said. "It was our first meeting and we've agreed to continuing talking."
    Personally, I hope Sapp stays. I think he is one of our better corners, at least as good as Griffin.
    Really??? Are you kidding me?

He's a gambler; he will make a few big plays but also got burned more than a few times. Don't get me wrong, he played well and has some swagger about him, but I was surprised you put him on Cedric's level.
    Eh... I think Griffin is overrated. He started playing on-par football, suddenly everyone's annointed him the second coming of Antoine Winfield. Pretty sure he gave up more passes than anyone on our team last year (remember reading that... but can't seem to find an article now).

The guy is overrated in my opinion.
    We are only seeing the beginnings of what appears to be a damn good career out there at CB.

Overated? Mabye a little, but given time I don't think you will have the same opinion.
    I would tend to agree with you on both, however, I am of the mind that our Secondary is (when healthy) just as good as our DL is good. Course that is based on the scheme.

If you want to say we have a secondary that can do anything other than play cover 2, I will have to side with you on that.

Back to your point.....I put the following grades on our positions....

a. QB - B (Even if the Noodle doesn't come back).
    b. OL - C Mostly because of Big Mac. I think Herrera and Hutch's issues can be tied directly to Sully's inexperience at C this year. The middle will be solid again next year.

I am 100% convinced that the time is now to make a move on LT. This means shitcanning Mac and going out and making a deal with a Vet (if available) or drafting one early.
    c. RB - B+ Thats with CT in there and if (Most importantly) AD learns how to wait on the hole to develop.

Mayock and crew said that they talked to Bienemy and his comment was along the lines that AD needed to learn how to play on a team with a QB that took reps from him. Cause AD to want to press a bit more with the reps he got.
    d. WR - A- BB concerns me a bit. Mostly cause he seems to be dinged all the time.
    e. TE - A+ Wouldn't mind seeing a few UDFA brought in to camp.
    g. DL - C I know most have them a bit higher, mostly because of JA, but Kevin slipped a bit this year, Phat Pat got alot of reps off and Ray isn't signed to a long term deal. Then you have to look at depth/future behind these guys. Rob is a nice swing man, JK (if resigned) gives us some nice depth, Guion, well the jury is still out on him. This position needs to be addressed this year.
    h. LB - C+ Mostly because of the EJ issue and then a solution for when Ben leaves.
    i. S - C+ I am probably one of the few who actually like our S's. Most will want to draft a new S, but I think that doesn't put us any closer to being better at that position. If the staff wasn't happy with the future they would have brought a Vet in last year when Sharp left. CB is another issue. I do not like Whinny anymore and want a upgrade over there that can cover somebody and not just support the run. Griffs injury causes me concern but believe he will be back. I like what I saw out of AA and Benny, but I would feel alot better if a Vet was brought in so that we had Benny, AA, Griff, VET and Whinny.

Good thing for us, this draft is deep at RB, OL, DL and even has some decent options in the later rounds for a nice QB to groom.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123