Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Re:Spielman Talks About Vikings Free Agents

Here is how I see the difference with Favre and any indecision this year.

1. He was a short term solution for the Vikes. The rest of the QB core should be prepping like they will be the guy next year.
    2. The front office and coaching staff knew he was short term. They are obviously planning for both scenarios.

In years past when he was with the Pack, he had them by the balls, which is not the case with us. We are planning for all scenarios.

Obviously everyone would like to know, but I am sure everyone is planning for both scenarios.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

NDVikingFan66 wrote:
    Here is how I see the difference with Favre and any indecision this year.

1. He was a short term solution for the Vikes. The rest of the QB core should be prepping like they will be the guy next year.
    2. The front office and coaching staff knew he was short term. They are obviously planning for both scenarios.

In years past when he was with the Pack, he had them by the balls, which is not the case with us. We are planning for all scenarios.

Obviously everyone would like to know, but I am sure everyone is planning for both scenarios.
    Excellent post my friend. Couldn't agree more.

If he comes back, great (you didn't hear me say that) if he doesn't, great.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

They had ole Ricky boy on the set during yesterdays drills. Very interesting cut on things.

Basically said they weren't gonna be big players in FA because of were they finished last year, said they were gonna try to resign everybody (Already got Lewis done) and then focus on the draft.

Stressed that they were working all paths/avenues to make the team better.

On a side note, still don't trust the cat, especially now that he is sporting a new pair of designer "I'm a Pretty Boy" specs.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Vikings' Hicks likely to test market

I readily admit that I disliked this guy when they first brought him over, but over time (especially last year), he has won me over.

Sure hope he winds up staying......

On a side note....
    Meanwhile, the Vikings also have met with the agent for cornerback Benny Sapp. Sapp got some valuable playing time last season in place of the injured Antoine Winfield and will be an unrestricted free agent as of 11:01 p.m. (central) next Thursday. Agent Andy Simms also represents VIkings' fullback Naufahu Tahi as well as Sapp. Tahi will be a restricted free agent.

"There is interest in bringing both back but certainly there are details that need to be worked out if that's going to happen," Simms said. "It was our first meeting and we've agreed to continuing talking."

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Marrdro wrote:

I readily admit that I disliked this guy when they first brought him over, but over time (especially last year), he has won me over.

On a side note....
    Meanwhile, the Vikings also have met with the agent for cornerback Benny Sapp. Sapp got some valuable playing time last season in place of the injured Antoine Winfield and will be an unrestricted free agent as of 11:01 p.m. (central) next Thursday. Agent Andy Simms also represents VIkings' fullback Naufahu Tahi as well as Sapp. Tahi will be a restricted free agent.

"There is interest in bringing both back but certainly there are details that need to be worked out if that's going to happen," Simms said. "It was our first meeting and we've agreed to continuing talking."
    Personally, I hope Sapp stays. I think he is one of our better corners, at least as good as Griffin.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

On a side note....

Personally, I hope Sapp stays. I think he is one of our better corners, at least as good as Griffin.
    Agree. I think Benny was gonna get brought back regardless of Griffs injury as I think he played better than Whinny .... At least in coverage.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

On a side note....

Really??? Are you kidding me?

He's a gambler; he will make a few big plays but also got burned more than a few times. Don't get me wrong, he played well and has some swagger about him, but I was surprised you put him on Cedric's level.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

ThorSPL wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

On a side note....

He's a gambler; he will make a few big plays but also got burned more than a few times. Don't get me wrong, he played well and has some swagger about him, but I was surprised you put him on Cedric's level.
    Eh... I think Griffin is overrated. He started playing on-par football, suddenly everyone's annointed him the second coming of Antoine Winfield. Pretty sure he gave up more passes than anyone on our team last year (remember reading that... but can't seem to find an article now).

The guy is overrated in my opinion.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

C Mac D wrote:
    ThorSPL wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

On a side note....

Eh... I think Griffin is overrated. He started playing on-par football, suddenly everyone's annointed him the second coming of Antoine Winfield. Pretty sure he gave up more passes than anyone on our team last year (remember reading that... but can't seem to find an article now).

I think Sapp filled in rather nicely last year but I don't know if I would say he is as good as Griff. I think Griff has progressed nicely.

As far as Hicks is concerned I hope he stays a VIking. Like Marrdro I didn't like him much when he first started with the Vikings however, I thought he played pretty well last year when he filled in for McKinnie. I think he is a good backup guy to keep around. He isn't a full time starter but can fill in when needed.

Tahi - I hope he leaves.

C Mac D wrote:
    ThorSPL wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

On a side note....

We are only seeing the beginnings of what appears to be a damn good career out there at CB.

Overated? Mabye a little, but given time I don't think you will have the same opinion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast