Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Spielman shying away from QBs in the first???

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092644
    Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1092627
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1092625
    It doesn't surprise me. In fact It echoes what I've already said & that was that the Vikings won't draft a QB in the first, just for the sake of a drafting a QB.

If one of the top QB's remarkably happens to fall to them in the first at the 12th slot, then they probably take him.

I highly doubt they would pass up the BPA at pick 12, to prematurel7y select the next best QB in the draft, if he's projected to go much later than 12th.
    If one of the top QB's remarkably happens to fall to them in the first at the 12th slot, then they probably take him

Probably don't need to be in the inner circle to figure that one out!

I don't highly doubt anything after watching them drop back to take Cook last year, then waste an extra draft pick on a backup running back.

I agree with you, I want BPA at 12. But I will not be the least bit surprised if they reach for a QB.
    If they don't resign AD will the Gerhart pick be a backup pick or a future starter pick?
    If ? Is that the same if as used in the sentence, If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle?

How about a fact for a change. Gerhart was picked as replcement for Chester Taylor which made him a backup and sometimes third down back.
    I'm not against picking the player. But do you really feel he was worth 2 draft picks? Really?

If you want to play the if game, I will say he will not be the starter, we will draft someone better.Unlike QB's,good running backs can be found throughout the draft.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1092667
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092644
    Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1092627
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1092625
    It doesn't surprise me. In fact It echoes what I've already said & that was that the Vikings won't draft a QB in the first, just for the sake of a drafting a QB.

If one of the top QB's remarkably happens to fall to them in the first at the 12th slot, then they probably take him.

I highly doubt they would pass up the BPA at pick 12, to prematurel7y select the next best QB in the draft, if he's projected to go much later than 12th.
    If one of the top QB's remarkably happens to fall to them in the first at the 12th slot, then they probably take him

Probably don't need to be in the inner circle to figure that one out!

I don't highly doubt anything after watching them drop back to take Cook last year, then waste an extra draft pick on a backup running back.

I agree with you, I want BPA at 12. But I will not be the least bit surprised if they reach for a QB.
    If they don't resign AD will the Gerhart pick be a backup pick or a future starter pick?
    If ? Is that the same if as used in the sentence, If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle?

How about a fact for a change. Gerhart was picked as replcement for Chester Taylor which made him a backup and sometimes third down back.
    I'm not against picking the player. But do you really feel he was worth 2 draft picks? Really?

If you want to play the if game, I will say he will not be the starter, we will draft someone better.Unlike QB's,good running backs can be found throughout the draft.
    I think Gerhart was worth the pick we used to get him. Time will tell, but I think he's going to be a stud, just needs a little time to develope.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092642
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1092611
    That's a politically correct way of saying "Chiller didn't want them"....although Marrdro will use the same statement as a "validation" that Chiller didn't pick the QB's (which he did).

Caine
    Prove the Chiller made any pick during at all during his tenure or that any pick made by the Vikes under his tenure weren't made without input from the rest of the staff.

This should be funny......:P
    Prove that they weren't? Hell prove ANY of your current crop of conspiracy theories.

You never do...

Caine

b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

As I was watching the NFLN "Vikings on the clock" segment, it seems that Leslie does actually want to draft a quarterback in one of the first 2 rounds for sure. They even mentioned Frazier saying he was willing to trade up to get a guy that they like.

We just can't be giving away more picks and we definitely need all the picks we can get. I'd hate the idea of trading up especially for a QB in a draft where I don't really see a great QB in this class. It'll be interesting to see how this draft turns out.
    None

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

If we trade up in the draft we will probably only have 6th and 7th round picks left. Hard to picture that scenario.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The only way we trade up is with players and I am not sure who they would be willing to give up to get to where they need to be.

My guess is we stand pat and take whoever is there.

b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

also we cannot trade players in the draft so unlikely unless we give a future pick... Hope not.
    None

Quote Originally Posted by "b_sandhar_29" #1092681
    also we cannot trade players in the draft so unlikely unless we give a future pick... Hope not.
    your right:

@AdamSchefter: RT @geric3: I assume 2011 draft picks still cannot be traded for current NFL players like Kevin Kolb? ... Correct. Awkward predicament.

Also, Picked players can't be traded for unused draft picks either.

@AdamSchefter: Once a player has been selected in the 2011 draft, his rights cannot be traded for another '11 drafted player or an '11 draft pick.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "mad-dog_six-eight" #1092686
    your right:

@AdamSchefter: RT @geric3: I assume 2011 draft picks still cannot be traded for current NFL players like Kevin Kolb? ... Correct. Awkward predicament.

@AdamSchefter: Once a player has been selected in the 2011 draft, his rights cannot be traded for another '11 drafted player or an '11 draft pick.
    That Sucks! No taking BPA and trading him later...like the Eli Manning dealio.

I don't see any chance that either of the top two QBs drop to 12 and I think one or two more could be gone. We can't afford to give up a bunch of picks to move up with all the needs we have. To me all of the 2nd tier guys are roughly equal...each with different upside and downsides. Not even the top two guys are "NFL ready." All of them need work, so we're going to have to find a vet, "tutor" type anyway.

I hope we go BPA and get an immediate contributor at 12 and then, maybe, move our 2nd up a lil to grab a Kaepernick, Ponder, Locker, or Mallet to develop.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "mad-dog_six-eight" #1092686
    your right:

That assumes that a new CBA is not reached and the lockout continues through the draft. I am sure you were aware of that though. :-)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast