Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Spielman Showed Extra Interest During Weber Workou

Cheesehead TV’s Brian Carriveau recently caught up with Weber and was kind enough to pass along his Vikings-related notes from the interview.

“Rick Spielman was there from the Vikings, and he was kind of standing very close, and he was very vocal throughout my whole entire workout,” said the 6-foot-3 Weber. “He had me throw a couple more throws at the end, which was great.”
    Vikings’ Spielman Showed Extra Interest During QB Adam Weber’s Workout
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: Spielman Showed Extra Interest During Weber Workou

Quarterback A: 57.0% Completion Rate, 72 TDs, 51 Interceptions, 99 times sacked, 123.1 Passer Rating. Record as a Starter: 17 Wins & 33 Losses.
    Quarterback B: 53.9% Completion Rate, 53 TDs, 35 Interceptions, 74 times sacked, 119.1 Passer Rating. Record as a Starter: 15 Wins & 25 Losses.
    Onto their scouting reports, here is how they read …
    Quarterback A: Tough, hard-working player respected throughout conference. Quick, over-the-top delivery. Nice spiral. Good footwork, well balanced in pocket. Has mobility out of pocket and can pick up first downs on his feet. Has experience playing in tough weather conditions. Experience versus top-notch competition. … Below average height for ideal NFL QB. Mediocre accuracy, struggles to fit ball in tight spaces. Needs to do better job of securing ball.
    Quarterback B: Tough and fearless player. Smart, hard working and team leader. Has good mobility and can throw on the run. Great height and ideal bulk for QB position. Able to adjust to bad weather conditions. Played in a BCS conference and has experience playing a marquee opponent each weak. … Accuracy is a major concern and question remains if that will ever improve. Needs work developing as a pocket passer. Questionable decision making at times.
    So who’s who? Anyone, anyone (as Ben Stein said in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off)…
    Adam Weber vs Jake Locker – Can You Pass The Eyeball Test?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I have to say that I'm not overly impressed by either one...

...how depressing.

Caine

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I have a sad feeling that our Woes at QB will not be fixed this year, and it will be due to lack of trying.

I'm going to call it now, it's a hunch, but I think Spielman is just as much to blame as Childress for not fixing the QB situation.

Yes, Childress had the final say in some matters, but I truly do believe that Childress's stubbornness and stupid points of view have rubbed off on Spielman.

Fact is, Spielman has never really been successful anywhere. He was responsible for the 1-15 Dolphins. he never addressed the QB problem there, then he comes here, and what do we do? Draft guys like Booty and Webb, sign studs like Sage, Holcomb and Bollinger.

From quotes from Fraizer, he wants to get a top-flight QB. He wants that franchise player, but I don't think Fraizer has nearly the power Childress had in the organization. I think this year Spielman will be calling most of the shots, and we're going to draft DE or something stupid in the first, and get a "sleeper" and be disappointed for another four years.

Our key players like Peterson, Greenway and Rice will all leave and we'll be left here wondering what the hell happened. Fraizer will get fired, but Spielman will stick around and ruin the team even more if possible.

So ultimately, fire Wilf.

just my opinion.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

I have always believed that Spielman had a eye for defense and is questionable on offensive.

I will be happy with any of the top 4 Qbs in this draft.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I always like the thought of adding a homeboy to the roster. Adam Weber put up great numbers throughout his college career. Maybe we draft him in one of the last rounds as a backup/development guy along with Joe Webb... leaving us with a "Webb or Weber" situation. :lol:

b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1093936
    I have a sad feeling that our Woes at QB will not be fixed this year, and it will be due to lack of trying.

I'm going to call it now, it's a hunch, but I think Spielman is just as much to blame as Childress for not fixing the QB situation.

Yes, Childress had the final say in some matters, but I truly do believe that Childress's stubbornness and stupid points of view have rubbed off on Spielman.

Fact is, Spielman has never really been successful anywhere. He was responsible for the 1-15 Dolphins. he never addressed the QB problem there, then he comes here, and what do we do? Draft guys like Booty and Webb, sign studs like Sage, Holcomb and Bollinger.

From quotes from Fraizer, he wants to get a top-flight QB. He wants that franchise player, but I don't think Fraizer has nearly the power Childress had in the organization. I think this year Spielman will be calling most of the shots, and we're going to draft DE or something stupid in the first, and get a "sleeper" and be disappointed for another four years.

Our key players like Peterson, Greenway and Rice will all leave and we'll be left here wondering what the hell happened. Fraizer will get fired, but Spielman will stick around and ruin the team even more if possible.

just my opinion.

I must say i can't say I don't agree with what your saying because I do to a certain extent. I just want to start off by saying I don't see your logic... First of all correct me if I'm wrong but Miami was 1-15 in 2007. That so happened to be Spielman's first year as a GM for us. If you were trying to say that Miami as a franchise before hand failed to address their QB situation while Spielman was there, then yeah my fault I misread it. Regardless, Spielman left Miami in 05 and became an analyst for ESPN before joining the Vikings in 06 (May).

Another thing I want to point out is TJ was drafted in 2006 and he really was suppose to be the future of this franchise regardless of what anyone said. Childress liked the guy and pretty much told the FO this is our guy of the future. I think all of us Viking fans knew that it would be at least 3 years of development for a guy like Tavaris. So in 07 we went ahead and drafted Peterson and Rice with our first 2 picks (not bad I know).

In 08 offseason, we traded away our first round pick to aquire Jared Allen and it was Tavaris' third year, the year he was suppose to "come out." I forgot how we ended, but I'm pretty sure that was the year we got knocked out by the Eagles in the first round.

09 was the Favre year, the year I feel everything fell apart. Had we won it all I wouldn't care about anything else. Hell 0-16 wouldn't bug me on bit knowing we got what we wanted out of Favre.

In my opinion 08-09 were the 2 years to draft a QB in the first if we were going to, but in 08 we had no 1st rounder, and in 09 Freeman, Sanchez, and Stafford were all gone before our picks. From there on I don't think there have been guys with as much promise as Freeman, Sanchez, Ryan, Flacco, and Stafford. 2010 passing up on Clausen in the first may have saved us and those who think Colt McCoy is going to be great, he's going to be an average player. We may even see Browns grab another QB in this year's draft.

My point is, I think we thought we had our guy, it wasn't our guy and its essentially set our franchise back for 3 years. Although we won 2 straight division titles it did set our franchise back. Here we are pretty much in the same mess we were in in 06 when we drafted TJ to begin with. I think if your gonna ride a guy for 10 years you better be right about him because I'd hate to be in the same position in 2015...
    None

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/historical/1107218

TJ draft profile. Why was he our guy.

b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

I really have no flippin idea. It comes down to coaching staff and FO thinking that he will live up to the "potential" and has so much "upside." Or they can mold him into a franchise player, which we learned the hard way is not always the case. Thats been such a familiar term with this year's draft class though "upside" and "potential."
    None

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1093936

Such a pessimist and one full of wild theories.

Now we will suck at drafting cause some of the Chiller rubbed on on Spielman. We won't fix the QB positition cause no one is trying. WOW.

Look, I blame Spielman more for the lack of talent at the QB position than I do the Chiller, mostly cause thats his area to address.....Finding and adding talent that the staff ask for.

What I don't blame him for was the lack of options in finding a solution at that area.

I know most of you get tired of hearing me say this, however, up until recently there just hasn't been many options with guys like Sage being the best out there. Don't agree with me, as always, I challenge you to tell me who was available that we should have went after. To date the best I've heard is Carr, Bree's, who at the time only went to Miami and the Aints and in truth wasn't a sure thing cause of injury issues, Warner, who again, most on here at that given point in time would have beyatched about and Schaub, who was available, but again, most thought was to expensive in picks.

By the way, the same scenario as Schaub is out there with Kolb. How many of you want to give up 2 or 3 picks for him?

Who would have you brought in? Lets not forget, he was the man when the Noodle showed up. Doesn't the Noodle count?

And yet the owner, Leslie and Spielman all say the same power structure is in place.

Guess what, guys like Eller, Page, Del Rio, Tarkington, Randall, Smith, McDaniel, etc etc etc have all moved on and have been replaced by guys like Peterson, Greenway, Rice etc etc etc.

Like it or not, its what makes the game great. Someone leaves and a new star is born.

just my opinion.
    How in the hell do you fire an owner. Wait, I know, you refuse to build him a stadium and he moves the team. Then you won't have to worry about finding a QB.

Want my opinion?

This draft class has 8 damn fine QB's in it. We will get one of them. There are 2 good FA's available, when the CBA thing gets straightened out (not Spielmans fault) we will probably make a good run at one of them if we don't get one of those 8 QB's and young Joe has shown some flash so it isn't like he isn't void of talent.

Long story short, under Spielman we just recently won back to back div titles in what seems like a life time. Made a trip to the NFCC game in what seems like an even longer life time. Just cause the staff has struggled to fix the one position that almost half of the other staffs in the league are struggling with as well doesn't mean the end is near.

Why not have some patience with the whole process and see what we have after the season starts before you start to jump off the bridge my friend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast