Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Spielman on KFAN 4/10

"josdin00" wrote:

- They have 78 (I think that's the number he said) 'red dotted' players that they won't touch in the draft, either due to injury or character issues.
    Or QB's who can play with any consitancy and read a Defense.

Well that's what I heard ;D

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

[size=13pt]Spielman: Tackles in high demand[/size]

April 11th, 2009 – 9:28 AM by Chip Scoggins

“It’s a premier position,” he said. “You have to almost draft guys because there’s very rarely going to be an offensive tackle in his prime that’s going to get out there on the open market. There are some good tackles in this draft class. I think there could potentially be five, six guys go in the first round again. You can tell those guys are a premium and if they’re any good, they’re going to come flying off the board.”
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Teams with strong locker rooms, veteran leadership and consistent, demanding coaches may be able to better tolerate concerns.
    Its pretty nice to be able to think that we have most of that!

We've got a bunch of passionate, respected vets in Allen, Williamses, AP, etc to help keep kids focused

I see Crabtree as the most consistent, Maclin as the best experience/return value, and Harvin as the most, "explosive" playmaker, as in, most likely to take it the distance on any given touch.
    And, really, might be most likely to instantly demand attention in our current system/situation.
    If he's not there and/or we don't like the rumors, its likely our other needs (RT, QB, DT?) are pretty picked over too...might be best to trade back some and aim for a pair like Britt and Unger, or, Pettigrew and Loadholt...late in the first and/or early in the 2nd.

Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    Is it me or at the end when someone asked spielman about Hakeem Nicks his voice kind of cracked and seemed very caught off guard when talking about him...

hmmm...

just something i noticed, could be nothing, but i just thought it seemed a little wierd as he was cool and calm the entire interview esp. with guys asking him about who we're gonna take then he gets asked this question and he was caught off guard a little..

things that make you go hmmm...
    Well he said they are looking at 6 guys to draft at #22. I bet he is one of them.

My guess on his list:
    WR Percy Harvin
    WR Hakeem Nicks
    CB Alphonso Smith
    CB DJ Moore
    OT Eben Britton
    QB Josh Freeman *note - I don't want him

The bold are the 2-3
    Quick question, judging by what I just read, it appears Harvin might have 2 strikes against him....Inury/Drugs.....
    You still think they have him rated that high (no pun intended) on your board?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    Is it me or at the end when someone asked spielman about Hakeem Nicks his voice kind of cracked and seemed very caught off guard when talking about him...

hmmm...

just something i noticed, could be nothing, but i just thought it seemed a little wierd as he was cool and calm the entire interview esp. with guys asking him about who we're gonna take then he gets asked this question and he was caught off guard a little..

Well he said they are looking at 6 guys to draft at #22. I bet he is one of them.

My guess on his list:
    WR Percy Harvin
    WR Hakeem Nicks
    CB Alphonso Smith
    CB DJ Moore
    OT Eben Britton

The bold are the 2-3
    Quick question, judging by what I just read, it appears Harvin might have 2 strikes against him....Inury/Drugs.....
    What drugs? Has that been proven. NOPE! That was a rumor by some bullshit website that you probably paid for.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:

hmmm...

My guess on his list:
    WR Percy Harvin
    WR Hakeem Nicks
    CB Alphonso Smith
    CB DJ Moore
    OT Eben Britton

The bold are the 2-3
    What drugs? Has that been proven. NOPE! That was a rumor by some kaka del rio website that you probably paid for.
    I didn't pay for this one:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphin...412harvin.html

Still, Pro Football Weekly recently polled NFL executives about the riskiest picks in this coming draft and Harvin was selected as the unanimous winner because of "coachability, a posse of hangers-on, his lack of respect for authority and drug usage."
    Rumor or not, it still effects your standing.
    Same thing happened to Dan Marino, he seemed to weather it alright.

"Bkfldviking" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:

hmmm...

My guess on his list:
    WR Percy Harvin
    WR Hakeem Nicks
    CB Alphonso Smith
    CB DJ Moore
    OT Eben Britton

The bold are the 2-3
    What drugs? Has that been proven. NOPE! That was a rumor by some kaka del rio website that you probably paid for.
    I didn't pay for this one:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphin...412harvin.html

Still, Pro Football Weekly recently polled NFL executives about the riskiest picks in this coming draft and Harvin was selected as the unanimous winner because of "coachability, a posse of hangers-on, his lack of respect for authority and drug usage."
    Rumor or not, it still effects your standing.
    Same thing happened to Dan Marino, he seemed to weather it alright.
    Just like Cutler, some team will draft him. Peterson had injury issues. We drafted him. Harvin is no different.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

[size=13pt]Still no test to measure heart[/size]

By John Holler
    VikingUpdate.com
    Posted Apr 13, 2009

The Vikings know full well how much the heart of a player can make the difference. Some players can have all the athletic ability while others just have the drive to succeed.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:

hmmm...

My guess on his list:
    WR Percy Harvin
    WR Hakeem Nicks
    CB Alphonso Smith
    CB DJ Moore
    OT Eben Britton

The bold are the 2-3
    There were rumors about him long before he found his way to the combine my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:

hmmm...

My guess on his list:
    WR Percy Harvin
    WR Hakeem Nicks
    CB Alphonso Smith
    CB DJ Moore
    OT Eben Britton

The bold are the 2-3
    There were rumors about him long before he found his way to the combine my friend.
    some scholars have identified rumor as a subset of propaganda
    Rumors are also often discussed with regard to "misinformation" and "disinformation" (the former often seen as simply false and the latter seen as deliberately false
    an unverified account or explanation of events circulating from person to person
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumor

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast