Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: See you in LA!!

People were making fun of Arizona for playing in a weak division before thier run the the Super Bowl.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"mamaluke" wrote:
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/40879087.html?cache=n&uccb=1236445797#post_comment s

Can they make it any more obvious that they are already starting to pack up for LA!!!! What a God damn shame!! Looks like they are going to be content with putting a mediocre team on the field the next couple of seasons until the word comes that it is good-bye Vikes!!! Who knows,maybe we can win another division title thanks to be playing in the weakest division in football at the moment!! All I know is once Wilf makes it official that he is selling I am going to get my damn Vikes tattoo removed!!
    Pathetic.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

"Zeus" wrote:
    "mamaluke" wrote:
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/40879087.html?cache=n&uccb=1236445797#post_comment s

Can they make it any more obvious that they are already starting to pack up for LA!!!! What a God gol 'darnit shame!! Looks like they are going to be content with putting a mediocre team on the field the next couple of seasons until the word comes that it is good-bye Vikes!!! Who knows,maybe we can win another division title thanks to be playing in the weakest division in football at the moment!! All I know is once Wilf makes it official that he is selling I am going to get my gol 'darnit Vikes tattoo removed!!
    Pathetic.

=Z=
    Whats pathetic about it? Whats pathetic is Ziggy is perfectly happy with the average team Childress has created.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Have faith mamaluke.
    It's all just rumor.

"CCthebest" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "mamaluke" wrote:

Can they make it any more obvious that they are already starting to pack up for LA!!!! What a God gol 'darnit shame!! Looks like they are going to be content with putting a mediocre team on the field the next couple of seasons until the word comes that it is good-bye Vikes!!! Who knows,maybe we can win another division title thanks to be playing in the weakest division in football at the moment!! All I know is once Wilf makes it official that he is selling I am going to get my gol 'darnit Vikes tattoo removed!!
    Pathetic.
    Whats pathetic about it? Whats pathetic is Ziggy is perfectly happy with the average team Childress has created.
    It's pathetic because there's not a damn thing in that article about moving or selling the team, but, somehow, this joke of a fan has found another outlet to whine and bitch.

And, as long as I'm labelling things - it's also pathetic that you call a 10-6 division winner "average".
    Count the number of teams in the NFL with 10 or more wins last year.
    Then come back and tell me how you can call 10 wins "average".

=Z=

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

"Zeus" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "mamaluke" wrote:

Pathetic.
    It's pathetic because there's not a gol 'darnit thing in that article about moving or selling the team, but, somehow, this joke of a fan has found another outlet to whine and beeyatch.

And, as long as I'm labelling things - it's also pathetic that you call a 10-6 division winner "average".

=Z=
    Z, we played in the worst division ever, and played the lions twice. When we faced a real team like the Eagles, we saw how average we are.

"CCthebest" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "mamaluke" wrote:

Pathetic.
    It's pathetic because there's not a gol 'darnit thing in that article about moving or selling the team, but, somehow, this joke of a fan has found another outlet to whine and beeyatch.

Z, we played in the worst division ever, and played the lions twice. When we faced a real team like the Eagles, we saw how average we are.
    The NFC North wasn't even the worst division in the NFC last year.
    That was the NFC West.

=Z=

galant8706 is offline Waterboy

"mamaluke" wrote:

NFC West and AFC west are both by far in a way worse than the NFC North so I don't think you know what you are talking about. I mean think about it.

NFC West - Cardinals, 49ers, Seahawks, Rams
    AFC West - Chargers, Raiders, Chiefs, Broncos

You could win 8 games and win the division in either of those.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Spielman: Big Vikings spending spree unlikely

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "I don't think you ever paint yourself into that we're set at [quarterback]," Spielman said.
    Wonder why that concept is so hard to figure for some?
    Maybe, just maybe the staff (the Chiller included) still isn't happy with what they have at QB my friends....

I think we're excited about our young guys. But if there is a guy out there who we feel can come in and potentially help us win ballgames, and we feel that strongly, we'll go ahead and make a run at it."
    Translation.......

Well they have alot of potential but don't seem to be progressing as fast as we would like....

As for Birk's departure, Spielman declined to say whether he had any regrets about not beginning contract talks last summer or during the season.
    Kindof a contridiction there.
    For those of us that took the time to listen to the podcast, we heard that they did make a couple of offers late last year and during the summer not only to Matt but several of the players.....

Wonder which is the truth.....Press Spielman or Radio Spielman.
    :
    Who said we were set at QB? Judging by the biggest need that "some" you mention is more like "very few.

VikingsMB is offline Pro-Bowler

"Zeus" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=mamaluke link=topic=50894.msg919592#msg919592 date=1236446124]

Pathetic.

The NFC North wasn't even the worst division in the NFC last year.
    That was the NFC West.

=Z=
    [/quote]

Actually, when you look at last years schedule, the Vikings played how many playoff teams?
    Carolina, Atlanta, New York, Tennessee, Arizona, Indiannapolis

Chicago and Tampa finished at 9-7
    Houston and New Orleans were 8-8

Any game against Green Bay and Detroit (even at 0-?, it's still divisional) are never given...

The Vikes finishing at 10-6 was a heck of an achievement.
    That was a brutal year.
    And winning the division was a tremendous accomplishment.

The Vikes will have a great year and many more years in Minnesota.
    The Wilf's are doing all the right things to keep the Vikes in Minnesota.
    At some point the State has to figure out some creative options.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast