Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Spending could continue

That'd be alright, but I'd rather get a good solid LB.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

June, Arrington....someone...Greenway....Hodge? What do u guys think....trade a 2nd and a 3rd to get Hawk? Somehow they gotta upgrade the LB position

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"audioghost" wrote:
    June, Arrington....someone...Greenway....Hodge? What do u guys think....trade a 2nd and a 3rd to get Hawk? Somehow they gotta upgrade the LB position

No need to throw away picks to move up for a LB, when this draft is the deepest ever at LB. You can get starting caliber Lb's well into the 2nd round. If we don't get one that we want at 17, we will find plenty of Lb's to chose from in the 2nd round that could definitely start for us next year. Demeco Ryans, D'Qell Jackson, and my favorite of the 2nd rounders Rocky McIntosh are all gonna be starting caliber guys taken in the 2nd round. Thanks to the great depth at Lb in this draft, we are allowed to use the 17th pick to take whoever we want, at pretty much any position. Basically using the BPA approach, knowing we can get some need positions in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, and get good quality guys there as well.

This depth at LB also allows us to use one of our 2nd round picks as trade bait to move up for a QB like Cutler, and still grab a good Lb like McIntosh with our other 2nd. Cutler and McIntosh would be an awesome start to our draft if you ask me.

The way I look at this whole cutler and young visit thing is: Everyone knows we need a young QB to develope behind Brad Johnson, so I really doubt it is a smokescreen. It could be us trying to show atlanta that we have onther options, if they don't lower the asking price for Schaub. We will probably let them know how much we like Cutler or vince and how we are ready to make a move up to get one of them, only to see if we can get a better deal for schaub. Or we really do have interest in these QB's and are planning on moving up for one of them, but are using the whole schaub rumors to make some teams think we are gonna end up trading for him and not making a big trade to get ahead of them and take a QB that they wanted. The closer and closer it gets to draft day, the more and more I think we are gonna end up with either Vince Young(please no), Cutler, or Matt Schaub with our 17th pick or with a combo of our 17th and more picks. As long as we keep one of our 2nd rounders, i am totally fine with Cutler or Schaub. I would presonally take Schaub over Cutler. I think Schaub has star written all over him if he gets into the WCO with a team. If I were Atlanta, I would get rid of Vick and go with Schaub right now, and this is coming from a huge Michael vick fan too.

As far as this spending more money thing goes, how about we use some of that cap space to lock up some of our current players to new deals? I would give McKinnie a new contract now, as well as Kevin Williams. I'd definitely give McKinnie one. A case could be made to wait a year for Kevin Williams, to see if he can bounce back. Personally I saw him bounce back and come to form towards the end of last season, and I think he will definitely be a star in the NFL for many years, so I would lock him up right now, as long as we have to money.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123