Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re:Source: Jaguars to cut DT Henderson

tarkenton10 wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    I didn't bother to read all the posts, so I'm just commenting on the original post.

I really hope we at least bring him in to look at. With Pat and KWill on the brink of suspension, and our failure to address the DT position in the draft, we definitely need some help. Assuming there is no suspension, we still could use some depth for rotations. I don't think henderson was cut because of performance, but look at all the D-line help the jags got through free agency/draft, they are getting younger and want to start over. He could definitely help us, and competition always brings out the best in people, so if it pushes Kennedy and Evans to do better, good for us.
    I don't have any stats but I think that the Jags Franchise is in financial trouble. No one is going to the games! I alway thought Henderson got a lot of respect when figuring how to play the Jags so I am under the impression it was for financial reasons, I am not sure anyone knows which one it is .
    Not sure about that. Always tough to say, because I can't imagine a team is going to come out and say they're cutting a guy for financial reasons. Particularly a guy that isn't breaking the bank (2 more years, $11 million total) and particularly in a league that has so much revenue sharing.

I'm also not sure where this guy is at in terms of play right now. He's 31 years old. He's never been a huge sack guy, that's not really his game, so it's tough to judge on numbers. I guess I'm a little surprised that there was so much talk right when he was cut - going to workout for the Chiefs, interest from the Giants, interest from the Browns, etc. - and then none of that panned out. It's possible he's slowed it down himself to look for the right spot or consider retirement. Or it's possible a lot of that was fluff thrown out by his agent. So it's not obvious to me what that all means as to his current abilities either.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Re:Source: Jaguars to cut DT Henderson

Overlord wrote:
    tarkenton10 wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    I didn't bother to read all the posts, so I'm just commenting on the original post.

I really hope we at least bring him in to look at. With Pat and KWill on the brink of suspension, and our failure to address the DT position in the draft, we definitely need some help. Assuming there is no suspension, we still could use some depth for rotations. I don't think henderson was cut because of performance, but look at all the D-line help the jags got through free agency/draft, they are getting younger and want to start over. He could definitely help us, and competition always brings out the best in people, so if it pushes Kennedy and Evans to do better, good for us.
    I don't have any stats but I think that the Jags Franchise is in financial trouble. No one is going to the games! I alway thought Henderson got a lot of respect when figuring how to play the Jags so I am under the impression it was for financial reasons, I am not sure anyone knows which one it is .
    Not sure about that. Always tough to say, because I can't imagine a team is going to come out and say they're cutting a guy for financial reasons. Particularly a guy that isn't breaking the bank (2 more years, $11 million total) and particularly in a league that has so much revenue sharing.

I'm also not sure where this guy is at in terms of play right now. He's 31 years old. He's never been a huge sack guy, that's not really his game, so it's tough to judge on numbers. I guess I'm a little surprised that there was so much talk right when he was cut - going to workout for the Chiefs, interest from the Giants, interest from the Browns, etc. - and then none of that panned out. It's possible he's slowed it down himself to look for the right spot or consider retirement. Or it's possible a lot of that was fluff thrown out by his agent. So it's not obvious to me what that all means as to his current abilities either.
    I agree, there is something strange about this situation. But break the bank maybe not but a franchise that is hemorrhaging money that may be enough. But you are right he was supposed to get a workout by several teams and then you hear nothing, very unnerving indeed my friend (Marrdrroeze)!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567