Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Source: Jaguars to cut DT Henderson

VikingMike wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    With our obvious need at DT and with our status as a Super Bowl contender we should at least put in a call to his agent to line up a visit post Chiefs.

I do think he would be a decent fit here and would give us a solid four-man rotation with Pat, Kevin and Jimmy.
    I don't think we have an "obvious need at DT". I like our rotation of KWill, Phat Pat, Kennedy, Evans and Guion, with a little Robison tossed in there for spice.

=Z=
    I personally would like to see if Evans and or Guion can step up this season. We are going to need more production out of them and Kennedy as Williams continues to cut his playing time.

I am not all that confident in them though and think that it is a spot we could definitely find and upgrade. I don't think it is a must move ... but definitely something worth considering.
    I also thought it would be worth looking into, but for what it's worth, Zulgad said we would probably not pursue him.

And don't forget the new kid is likely to see some play on passing downs at DT.
    Passing downs, sure, but the problem is running downs. The new guy won't play NT on those.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    OK, I've done some more research. Although I typically believe all vets released are basically done, this one intrigues me.

Therefore, I resind my earlier comment and think we SHOULD go after this guy, however, I'm not so sure we will have any luck as it seems like everyone is trying to get him.
    Whats that you always say??

Oh right.

If he's so good, why was he released?
    You did see my first response right.....

LOL, as much as I think we need help, I'm not so sure this is the cat we are looking for,
    My guess, they are looking at getting someone in there that fits the scheme a bit better and don't want to keep him around at the cost.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

C Mac D wrote:
    Overlord wrote:
    My questions:

1. Can he play a 2-gap nose technique? and

2. Do we have the right staff in place to make sure he is ready to go before the game?

[video type=youtube]ruh4_xud37c[/video]

I guess there's also a question of whether he will garner enough interest from another team as a starter and also get a long-term contract.
    You mean, do we have a scrawny 5'10" white kid to slap him in the face before he walks down the tunnel? If not, I'll apply for that job.

What do you think Chilly is for?

The guy is a monster 6' 7" 335lbs but his best years were his 1st 4 and dropped off his last 4 maybe this would be a wake up call and return him to his former playing ability.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    With our obvious need at DT and with our status as a Super Bowl contender we should at least put in a call to his agent to line up a visit post Chiefs.

I do think he would be a decent fit here and would give us a solid four-man rotation with Pat, Kevin and Jimmy.
    I don't think we have an "obvious need at DT". I like our rotation of KWill, Phat Pat, Kennedy, Evans and Guion, with a little Robison tossed in there for spice.

=Z=
    I agree. I see no "obvious" need for DT.
    Lets try this a different way.....

Not sure why that is so hard to comprehend.
    LMFAO! Just keep thinking we need DTs. I'll let the real people in charge run this team. They know better than some yutz with a keyboard who thinks we should of drafted one in the 1st round. There was obviously no need for DT. Not sure why that is so hard to comprehend. LOL.

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    midgensa wrote:

=Z=
    I agree. I see no "obvious" need for DT.
    Lets try this a different way.....

Not sure why that is so hard to comprehend.
    LMFAO! Just keep thinking we need DTs. I'll let the real people in charge run this team. They know better than some yutz with a keyboard who thinks we should of drafted one in the 1st round. There was obviously no need for DT. Not sure why that is so hard to comprehend. LOL.
    And I readily admit it. One of my failings in life isn't that I think I know everything...... :P

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    And I readily admit it. One of my failings in life isn't that I think I know everything...... :P
    You sure post like you think you do.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

=Z=
    I am a confident little SOB. Doesn't mean I'm right though.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

=Z=
    Everyone posts on here think they are always right when they post it. I can see You Z thinking "I know I am wrong but I am going to post it anyway", you don't do that. The difference should be knowing what to do after receiving conflicting information about your view. How do you respond? Do you acknowledge you were wrong or try to defend the erronious fact? Those who acknowledge they were wrong will be respected way more than those who dig in like a tick on an issue they know is wrong but is too proud to admit it. I have yet to see Z come on here saying I know I am wrong but I am going to wtite it anyway, that's because you feel you are right every time you post something. So why give someone else grief when they post what they feel to be the truth!

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

tarkenton10 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

=Z=
    Everyone posts on here think they are always right when they post it. I can see You Z thinking "I know I am wrong but I am going to post it anyway", you don't do that. The difference should be knowing what to do after receiving conflicting information about your view. How do you respond? Do you acknowledge you were wrong or try to defend the erronious fact? Those who acknowledge they were wrong will be respected way more than those who dig in like a tick on an issue they know is wrong but is too proud to admit it. I have yet to see Z come on here saying I know I am wrong but I am going to wtite it anyway, that's because you feel you are right every time you post something. So why give someone else grief when they post what they feel to be the truth!
    LOL, that was unexpected. I thought you were gonna post something that said the Vikes were bringing him in for a visit.

None the less.....Good post my friend. :cheer:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast