Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Source: Jaguars to cut DT Henderson

Marrdro wrote:
    OK, I've done some more research. Although I typically believe all vets released are basically done, this one intrigues me.

Therefore, I resind my earlier comment and think we SHOULD go after this guy, however, I'm not so sure we will have any luck as it seems like everyone is trying to get him.
    LOL of course a DT intrigues you. We are fine. Just what I want, A Jags cast off.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

midgensa wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    With our obvious need at DT and with our status as a Super Bowl contender we should at least put in a call to his agent to line up a visit post Chiefs.

I do think he would be a decent fit here and would give us a solid four-man rotation with Pat, Kevin and Jimmy.
    I don't think we have an "obvious need at DT". I like our rotation of KWill, Phat Pat, Kennedy, Evans and Guion, with a little Robison tossed in there for spice.

=Z=
    I personally would like to see if Evans and or Guion can step up this season. We are going to need more production out of them and Kennedy as Williams continues to cut his playing time.

I am not all that confident in them though and think that it is a spot we could definitely find and upgrade. I don't think it is a must move ... but definitely something worth considering.
    I also thought it would be worth looking into, but for what it's worth, Zulgad said we would probably not pursue him.

And don't forget the new kid is likely to see some play on passing downs at DT.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    OK, I've done some more research. Although I typically believe all vets released are basically done, this one intrigues me.

Therefore, I resind my earlier comment and think we SHOULD go after this guy, however, I'm not so sure we will have any luck as it seems like everyone is trying to get him.
    Whats that you always say??

Oh right.

If he's so good, why was he released?

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Oh right.

Could be because they drafted 2 DT's; 1 in round 1 and the other in round 3. Kind of like the Bucs did, than they released Chris Hovan.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

JerBearLuvsDaVikes wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Oh right.

Could be because they drafted 2 DT's; 1 in round 1 and the other in round 3. Kind of like the Bucs did, than they released Chris Hovan.
    that wasn't a serious question.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Oh right.

How about, why did they draft 2 DT's if he was so good?

tastywaves wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

Oh right.

How about, why did they draft 2 DT's if he was so good?
    IBP - I understood that, I was just throwing it out there lol.

Tasty - I never said he was good, just said that is the most likely reason he was cut if you asked me...

But if you're just rewording IBP's 'sarcasm', than I wouldn't have a good explanation...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

marstc09 wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    With our obvious need at DT and with our status as a Super Bowl contender we should at least put in a call to his agent to line up a visit post Chiefs.

I do think he would be a decent fit here and would give us a solid four-man rotation with Pat, Kevin and Jimmy.
    I don't think we have an "obvious need at DT". I like our rotation of KWill, Phat Pat, Kennedy, Evans and Guion, with a little Robison tossed in there for spice.

=Z=
    I agree. I see no "obvious" need for DT.
    Lets try this a different way.....

Can you or Z explain to me the difference between how Kevin (JK, Guion, Evans) play the DT position as apposed to how Kevin (No one else) plays the NT position?

Here is a good starting point.....

Football 101 Defensive Tackles

Kevin (JK, Guion, Evans) are all 3/4 Technique guys. Phat Pat is a 0/1 Technique guy. When we rotate the other guys in, we loose that expertise and basically have two DTs out there.

Not sure why that is so hard to comprehend. Course, I've been chanting the differences between the RDE and LDE for as long as I've been on here and finally some people are starting to listen.

LOL, Guess it will take me that long on this little subject as well...... :P :P :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

LOL of course a DT intrigues you. We are fine. Just what I want, A Jags cast off.
    Just keep thinking we are fine.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast