Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re:Sorgi might have a new Manning

Zeus wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Sorgi might have a new Manning
    How in the wide wide world of sports did I miss that my boy Jim was on the market.

We need to shitcan Sage and get this cat in for a visit.
    Based on what? His extensive experience doing nothing?
    Learning behind Peyton Manning all these years... at worst he'll be as good as Sage.
    At worst, he'll be as good as Kelly Holcomb. Or Brooks Bollinger.

=Z=
    Tom?to, Tomäto
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Zeus wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    How in the wide wide world of sports did I miss that my boy Jim was on the market.

Learning behind Peyton Manning all these years... at worst he'll be as good as Sage.
    At worst, he'll be as good as Kelly Holcomb. Or Brooks Bollinger.

=Z=
    Or Vick. See were the Iggles picked up his bonus option?

Look none of us know what he is right now, but what harm would it be to bring him in? No harm no foul unless you are still thinking Sage is the ultimate answer as our starter.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Didn't this guy hurt his knee in the 08 preseason and hamstring in the 09 preseason and ended up on IR in Dec 09 from ...what a clipboard holders shoulder or was it bench cramped hamstring?

How experienced is he in a westcoast style offense?

He was release for Painter, and the Colts were looking at Losman when Painter was playing.

vikinggreg wrote:
    Didn't this guy hurt his knee in the 08 preseason and hamstring in the 09 preseason and ended up on IR in Dec 09 from ...what a clipboard holders shoulder or was it bench cramped hamstring?

He was release for Painter, and the Colts were looking at Losman when Painter was playing.
    I forgot about the injury issues. Not sure how serious of a concern that is right now as our current backup has had his own "China Doll" syndrome when it came to staying healthy.

As to Painter. I think ole Jim was gonna ask for a bit more than they were willing to pay, as with Cassell and the Pats, time to move on.

Still say that he would be worth a look.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:

...Not sure how serious of a concern that is right now as our current backup has had his own "China Doll"...
    couldn't make it past that reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3EiuDM2Xic
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Prophet wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

...Not sure how serious of a concern that is right now as our current backup has had his own "China Doll"...
    couldn't make it past that reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3EiuDM2Xic
    LOL, I see you put a youtube in there. Maybe I need to look at that at home.

On a side note. Were you been all day. About time to go home and everyone shows up.

Marrdro wrote:
    vikinggreg wrote:

I forgot about the injury issues. Not sure how serious of a concern that is right now as our current backup has had his own "China Doll" syndrome when it came to staying healthy.

As to Painter. I think ole Jim was gonna ask for a bit more than they were willing to pay, as with Cassell and the Pats, time to move on.

Still say that he would be worth a look.
    Current backup is a China Doll? Favre is the current starter, unless he has anounced his retirement. Unless someone else has signed, the current backup under contract is Sage.

Now do you want Jim to come in for a look to replace Jackson who has yet to get a contract?

Jim was under contract with the Colts for the 2010 season but was due a roster bonus for .5 ~ 1.0 mil so the Colts out right release him, it wasn't Sorgi looking for Cassel money.

Side note with Sorgi being release from the colts he doesn't count as one of the free agent spots opened with Taylor and Hicks leaving.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

=Z=
    Why oh why would they keep him as thier number 2 QB if he didn't at least show something to warrant keeping him as thier number 2?

Sometimes you have to look a bit deeper than just wins and losses when you analyze a player my friend.
    Wasn't Painter their number 2?
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

=Z=
    Why oh why would they keep him as thier number 2 QB if he didn't at least show something to warrant keeping him as thier number 2?

Sometimes you have to look a bit deeper than just wins and losses when you analyze a player my friend.
    Wasn't Painter their number 2?
    Sorgi was put on IR in Dec last year, Painter moved up, Sorgi was in the last year (2010 season) of his contract and due a roster bonus but the Colts release him instead.

vikinggreg wrote:
    Current backup is a China Doll? Favre is the current starter, unless he has anounced his retirement. Unless someone else has signed, the current backup under contract is Sage.
    Last time I checked we had 3 QB's under contract (1 Tendered Offer).
    Starter - 1 year 15 Mil
    TJ - Backup last year, Tendered at $1.176M
    Sage - 3rd String, Noodle Crotch Sniffer, two-year, $9 million extension.

Not sure how you get that TJ isn't the current backup? If I was the GM and looked at what we had tied up in QB's, I'd be pretty quick to jettison that NCS (Noodle Crotch Sniffer) contract in leu of a kid like Robinson/Skelton etc.

My guess is that NCS contract is the number one bullet on Bryzcheapskis opening slide in the morning brief.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast