Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Someone Splain This To Me?

Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1094808
    fun thread!?!

When I opened this my dog even rolled his eyes and now there stuck...you broke my dog
    LOL. comeon my friend. Gotta have a bit of levity on here. Everyone is starting to get all pisssy and moanyyyyy. Should be an exciting time, not a bad one.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1094824
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094823
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1094821
    I believe the players could get a better training session from a cardboard box.
    Ahh... reminds me of my tenth grade science teacher.

Back when my dad was a manager at McDonalds when he was like 20 and in school, he claims she was the dumbest employee he's ever met.

Apparantly they just give away teaching diploma's around here.
    And she ended up on Chilly's coaching staff?
    Head strategy expert

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1094813
    No. The coaches coach and the players play.

Veterans may be able to teach them some of the nuances of the game that coaches have a harder time communicating, and probably do a better job of mentally(emotionally/psychologically not in terms of gameplanning) than the coaches can.

During camps and the season is when veterans can teach the young players a thing or two. Right now, they all need to just get on the same page, but cannot do so without coordinating and communicating with the new coaches.
    I don't know who it's poking, I'm not really reading as much on here as I used to, just threads I'm involved in... so I'm probably wasting my time posting this.
    That is what I'm looking for my friend. I just want to hear it from a select few who still contend otherwise.

Excellent post (as always).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1094814
    Marr,
    You served in the Armed forces? Think back to all those late 1800s when you enlisted (:P ) and try to remember a point where someone a bit more seasoned than you gave you some hints that your superior didn't. It might have been something as simple as gunpowder in the musket, then the bullet.
    I'm sure as you gained experience, when the new guys came in wet behind the ear, you gave them some hints as well. The same thing goes for on the field. As a senior, I helped Jerome Mathis with his splits, reminding him to shorten them on crossing routes and streaks, and widen them other patterns to put himself in the perfect postion to gain the QBs attention during the play. These little tricks aren't always taught but are valuable. Remember coaches are humans too and they miss things.
    Great input, especially the little nugget about Jerome. One day my friend, one day I'm gonna get you some place were we can talk and I can pick your brain......

Back to the topic, sure, I helped the guys out, but we never deviated from how the coach told us to load that musket.

Guess what, by 1810 I was done being a player and was the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094815
    I know exactly who this is poking, and I'm not going to bite.

This thread will die.

........snicker.......And yet the threads lives on and gets better with every post that deviates from what you believe.

Comeon my friend. Join in. You have, at your disposal, a cat who played at the next level (Kevon). Encourage him to expound on some of his examples.

That kindof stuff we can all learn from wouldn't you say.

Again, this is gonna be a fun thread.

I'm not concerned at all to be honest with you. After going through the past 5 years with Childress and Co running the development to the ground I believe the players could get a better training session from a cardboard box. If anything they will be farther ahead this year just due to addition by subtraction.
    Hmmmm, that is a unsettling thought. Wasn't to much of a turnover when Leslie took over.

Glad a few were jettisoned but a few stayed that I think might part of the "and Co" you are talking about.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094853
    I'm not concerned at all to be honest with you. After going through the past 5 years with Childress and Co running the development to the ground I believe the players could get a better training session from a cardboard box. If anything they will be farther ahead this year just due to addition by subtraction.
    Hmmmm, that is a unsettling thought. Wasn't to much of a turnover when Leslie took over.

Glad a few were jettisoned but a few stayed that I think might part of the "and Co" you are talking about.
    I am leery too. I guess we will have to wait and see how Leslie runs the program, how much freedom he gives the caches and how they respond.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094853

I think there will be an issue because - as was previously mentioned - we have a new OC...one that will be running a new deviation (to the players) on whatever scheme he runs. We don't yet know what that will be, and neither do they.

Further, it makes it harder for the staff to assess needs. They have an idea of what they have on the roster, but no real exposure to how the current players will transition to the new scheme.

Finally, while it is true that coaches coach and players play, it is also true that both can affect the other - adversely or positively. There were plenty of moments in the past few years where I have been baffled by Childress and his decision making. Especially moments where he would have AP standing on the sidelines for extended periods of time. It was those types of things that I won't miss about Chiller. IMO, he failed to maximize his player's abilities...he failed to coach...so the players COULDN'T play.

Caine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12