Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Someone Splain This To Me?

I don't see what all the concern is during the lockout when it comes to players getting ready for the season.

According to what a few on here want me to believe, Vets teach the team anyway. What do they need the coaching staffs for, or the play books all of you seem to wish were handed out today.

Again, when I use the ole cliche' "Coaches Coach and Players Play", several of you always pooooohhhhh poooooohhhh that away.

I just want someone to splain to me why all the worry and concern is out there. Some of these players have been running these schemes alot longer than their respective coaching staffs. Shouldn't they be taking charge and coaching up the players on the teams seeings how they will be doing it anyway once the lockout ends?

What am I missing, why am I so confused. Someone please help. Which is it, do the coaches coach or do the players coach.......... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Someone Splain This To Me?

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094796
    I don't see what all the concern is during the lockout when it comes to players getting ready for the season.

According to what a few on here want me to believe, Vets teach the team anyway. What do they need the coaching staffs for, or the play books all of you seem to wish were handed out today.

Again, when I use the ole cliche' "Coaches Coach and Players Play", several of you always pooooohhhhh poooooohhhh that away.

I just want someone to splain to me why all the worry and concern is out there. Some of these players have been running these schemes alot longer than their respective coaching staffs. Shouldn't they be taking charge and coaching up the players on the teams seeings how they will be doing it anyway once the lockout ends?

What am I missing, why am I so confused. Someone please help. Which is it, do the coaches coach or do the players coach.......... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
    Simple.

We have a new offensive coordinator.

He's as new to the vets as he is to the incoming rookies. The look of the offense might not make a 180, but there's going to be some major changes that we won't see.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1094801

Simple.

He's as new to the vets as he is to the incoming rookies. The look of the offense might not make a 180, but there's going to be some major changes that we won't see.
    You know who this is really poking don't you......? :laugh:

Anyway, so what your saying is the coaches coach and the players play, but only when a new scheme is being installed?

(this is gonna be a fun thread) :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094804

Simple.

Anyway, so what your saying is the coaches coach and the players play, but only when a new scheme is being installed?

fun thread!?!

When I opened this my dog even rolled his eyes and now there stuck...you broke my dog

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Simple.

No. The coaches coach and the players play.

Veterans may be able to teach them some of the nuances of the game that coaches have a harder time communicating, and probably do a better job of mentally(emotionally/psychologically not in terms of gameplanning) than the coaches can.

During camps and the season is when veterans can teach the young players a thing or two. Right now, they all need to just get on the same page, but cannot do so without coordinating and communicating with the new coaches.

I don't know who it's poking, I'm not really reading as much on here as I used to, just threads I'm involved in... so I'm probably wasting my time posting this.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Marr,
    You served in the Armed forces? Think back to all those late 1800s when you enlisted (:P ) and try to remember a point where someone a bit more seasoned than you gave you some hints that your superior didn't. It might have been something as simple as gunpowder in the musket, then the bullet.
    I'm sure as you gained experience, when the new guys came in wet behind the ear, you gave them some hints as well. The same thing goes for on the field. As a senior, I helped Jerome Mathis with his splits, reminding him to shorten them on crossing routes and streaks, and widen them other patterns to put himself in the perfect postion to gain the QBs attention during the play. These little tricks aren't always taught but are valuable. Remember coaches are humans too and they miss things.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1094813

Simple.

No. The coaches coach and the players play.

Veterans may be able to teach them some of the nuances of the game that coaches have a harder time communicating, and probably do a better job of mentally(emotionally/psychologically not in terms of gameplanning) than the coaches can.

During camps and the season is when veterans can teach the young players a thing or two. Right now, they all need to just get on the same page, but cannot do so without coordinating and communicating with the new coaches.

I don't know who it's poking, I'm not really reading as much on here as I used to, just threads I'm involved in... so I'm probably wasting my time posting this.
    I know exactly who this is poking, and I'm not going to bite.

This thread will die.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Simple.

I'm not concerned at all to be honest with you. After going through the past 5 years with Childress and Co running the development to the ground I believe the players could get a better training session from a cardboard box. If anything they will be farther ahead this year just due to addition by subtraction.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1094821
    I believe the players could get a better training session from a cardboard box.
    Ahh... reminds me of my tenth grade science teacher.

Back when my dad was a manager at McDonalds when he was like 20 and in school, he claims she was the dumbest employee he's ever met.

Apparantly they just give away teaching diploma's around here.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094823
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1094821
    I believe the players could get a better training session from a cardboard box.
    Ahh... reminds me of my tenth grade science teacher.

Back when my dad was a manager at McDonalds when he was like 20 and in school, he claims she was the dumbest employee he's ever met.

Apparantly they just give away teaching diploma's around here.
    And she ended up on Chilly's coaching staff?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast