Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Some second round projections

Sorry if you're not included ...

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/18159849.html

here sre some of the "experts" takes. Quite a few CB and WR projected and a couple have us taking a DE.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Some second round projects

[size=13pt]Vikings Notes: Second Round Speculation[/size]

By Anthony Hall
    mvn.com

April 24th, 2008

*Shameless plug: I’ll post a draft discussion thread Friday evening, so stop back throughout the weekend to sound off on the happenings during the draft. And, of course, we’ll have complete reaction to all the Vikings’ draft picks on Saturday and Sunday....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Isn't it ludicrous to even write articles about who the Vikes could take at 47?
    Heck for that matter isn't it ludicrous for us to even put forth the effort to read about what they might take at 47?

Hell, I'm all confused now. Not sure how I am gonna spend my offseason next year.
    :'(

JK.
    I hate the Trib.
    I can't get past the "By Line".
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Heck for that matter isn't it ludicrous for us to even put forth the effort to read about what they might take at 47?

Hell, I'm all confused now. Not sure how I am gonna spend my offseason next year.

JK.
    I hate the Trib.
    They had some good things to say about Mozes & Daniels.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

JK.
    I hate the Trib.
    They had some good things to say about Mozes & Daniels.
    I will have to look them up when I get home tonight.
    My bet is they probably copied a hack from another area.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Some second round projections

http://ww3.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=1539

Today’s topic: What’s left?

The issue: The Vikings lost a lot of juice in this weekend’s draft after acquiring DE Jared Allen from Kansas City. They will have one pick (No. 47 overall) on Saturday and then five on Sunday in rounds 4-7. What direction will they look in, especially in the second round?

What they have: Pass rush was probably the Vikings’ biggest need a week ago at this time, but Allen’s arrival makes it a secondary priority. Allen will take over at left end, with Ray Edwards and Brian Robison competing for time at right end.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Allen will take over at left end, with Ray Edwards and Brian Robison competing for time at right end.
    Thats exactly what I've been saying all week, except Edwards and Robison won't compete, they'll rotate in and out much like AD and CT did last year.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I'm LOVING the Vikings second-round pick on THIS site:

http://fantasyfootballjungle.com/

Matt Chase and Bryan Pinkston say:

47. Minnesota Vikings - Doucet, Early, WR LSU

The Vikings needed a DE last year but it's safe to say they made excellent choices with the picks they made. AP is a star and S. Rice and looks to be a keeper. However, their receiving core still needs work. Doucet was injured for part of this season, but when he was healthy he showed why he is worthy of being selected here. He simply can't be covered 1-on-1 for long. He has great hands, speed and leaping ability. He ran a ho-hum time of 4.58 at his pro day, but according to reports he looked great catching the ball. He could be the big tough possesion WR that every good West Coast offense needs.

BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I'm LOVING the Vikings second-round pick on THIS site:

http://fantasyfootballjungle.com/

Matt Chase and Bryan Pinkston say:

47. Minnesota Vikings - Doucet, Early, WR LSU

The Vikings needed a DE last year but it's safe to say they made excellent choices with the picks they made. AP is a star and S. Rice and looks to be a keeper. However, their receiving core still needs work. Doucet was injured for part of this season, but when he was healthy he showed why he is worthy of being selected here. He simply can't be covered 1-on-1 for long. He has great hands, speed and leaping ability. He ran a ho-hum time of 4.58 at his pro day, but according to reports he looked great catching the ball. He could be the big tough possesion WR that every good West Coast offense needs.
    If we draft any WR I want nobobdy but Jordey Nelson. He's fits the mold of what Childress looks for, character and talent wise. Great locker room guy, was the leader of the Kansas State team. Great production in college would be our punt returner next season with Hicks returing the kickoffs. Not only would we get imediate production from him but within a couple years he could take over Bobbies job. Rice, Berrian and Nelson is a dangerous trio.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I keep thinking OT in the 2nd, but I would be stoked with Early or Malcolm Kelly.
    Jordy Nelson seems to fit the mold...tough, great concentration and hands you can count on.
    Anytime you get a guy that can return kicks too, its a bonus.
    Those guys get hit hard, and ST can play a really big part in setting up a young offese to succeed.
    Its nice to have quality depth there.

LDE!
    Is what I kept thinking too.
    Give our young guns a bit more comfort, and Allen does rush from both sides pretty equally.
    Sure, we'll see him move around some just to be a pain in the enemy QB's ass, but as a base, this looks real, real good to me:

Allen

PWill

KWill

Edwards

Then, maybe we'll see some rush sets ala the Giants with more DEs in there...
    Robison

Allen

KWill

Edwards

If we can get Udeze and/or James back to health, we'll be boasting not just the best DLine in football, but the best depth too!
    Udeze could possibly slide inside too...someday.
    SKOL!! Time to put on your warfaces boys!
    And, CHARGE!!!!!!!!
    ;D
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast