Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    kyleo1967 is offline Starter

Re: So Why Aren't We Signing The Top Free Agents?

You gotta be kidding me! We are kicking ass in free agency and theres more to come. Don't forget the veterans get cut sometime in april (i think) but thre will be more available. Besides we are saving a nice chunk o change to pay a qb. and each of our aquisitions is better because of the other acqusitions. Taylor, Hutch and richardson. I'm pumped!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

If I hear this asked one more time...I am going to freak!

Prophet Guest

"ltrey33" wrote:
    Hey ltrey, why aren't we signing any more of the big names? I heard we had a lot of coin. :twisted:

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

The only ones on that list that I would've liked to get were Bentley and Witherspoon.

Losing out on Bentley is fine, because that allowed us to sign someone who is even better in Hutchinson.

And Witherspoon was just too bad - I'm sure the Vikings tried to get him, but we can't get everyone. So we'll just have to settle on Leber and anyone we draft.

Overall, we've had a kick-ass free agency. Let's hope we keep it up through the draft.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

we signed the best FB and the best guard in the nfl..what else do you guys want? peyton manning isnt available
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"ltrey33" wrote:
    wurd !

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"olson_10" wrote:
    we signed the best FB and the best guard in the nfl..what else do you guys want? peyton manning isnt available
    But i really wanted him.... :cry:

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

I've been reading up on the top free agency catches and noticed of this this top 10 list MSNBC wrote, we haven't gotten even 1 of them:
    www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11769065/

We finally got Steve Hutchinson, our only real catch yet many feel Jon Runyan, the right tackle for the Eagles, is a more important catch.
    How can Jon Runyan be a more important catch?, We upgraded the guard position with one of the best guards in the intire league.

We got a new kicker (Longwell from the Packers), and paid a lot for him- but the top two kickers in the league (the Patriots' Adam Vinatieri and the Colts' Mike Vanderjagt. Vinatieri) were up for sale and we got neither.
    Ryan Longwell numbers are impressive, you have to remember that Longwell kicked in damn cold and windy weather his intire career - Vineterie would proberly have costed us more, and Vanderjagt seemed to have problems with pressure.

We got Linebacker Leber who might not even be good enough to start, when we could have gotten Carolina's Will Witherspoon, Washington's LaVar Arrington, or 49rs Julian Peterson- some of the best the league has.
    I agree here, but wait and see - the staff has confidence in Leber, he fits really good in to the system, actually he was set to start this past season, but he got injured and Merriman stole he's spot, we could have gotten Peterson, Arrington og Whiterspoon, however we have lots of linebackers who could fit quite good in the new system (Harris, EJ, Thomas etc.)

And we got runningback Chester Taylor which was probably our 2nd biggest catch, but we could've gotten Edgerrin James.
    Yeah, we could however again the coaches sat there eyes on Taylor, he seems like an ideal fit into the new system - And with the new signings of Hutch and Richardson, i believe that Chester Taylor is gonna rush for many many yards.

Not to mention there are plenty of top defensive tackles out there (Ma’ake Kemoeatu, Rocky Bernard, and Sam Adams), defensive end John Abraham, and good wide recievers David Givens from the Patriots or Antonia Bryant from Cleveland.
    We are set at DT, he have some of the best DT's in the league on this team already, all 3 are good players - but there simply was no need for him - and neither for Abraham - Seems that everyone has forgotten about Udeze - plus Abraham was not a FA, he was a Franchise Player - and his price was very high.

As for recievers, we got Taylor, Troy, K-Rob already set for the new season, Burleson might be coming back to, so again no need..

It seems like every article out there listing the top free agents this year do not list anyone we have signed or have been reported to be actively seeking. So what's going on here? We have the most to spend but don't seem to be persuing the biggest catches. Are they passing up these opportunities for the draft?
    If you fill a team full of star players, everything will go wrong, plus also we need to asure that we still have cap money, if we signed Edge, Peterson, Hucthinson we would be dead almost, cause of way overpaid contracts.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

"olson_10" wrote:
    I wouldnt even take Manning. I would take a younger guy like Big Ben or young back up. Such as Charlie Frye.

I dont think we need to make a big impact in free agency. We already have a lot of good talent if we could get that talent to come out we will be just fine.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"ltrey33" wrote:
    Nice avatar Ltrey!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast